Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    RoF is a cool spell, it's sad that they've made it so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    Do you consider RBGs the only aspect of gameplay that matters? Even if so, then you'd know that RBGs have been riddled with serious balance issues since their onset. Destruction warlocks are not the sole class that has caused issues in RBG balance and it won't be the last.
    Did you bother reading the thread at all? I stated that RBGs was the primary reason RoF was nerfed, because it was brokenly OP in them.

Not really. It was about mannoroth's fury, not rof.

Quote Originally Posted by Dnusha View Post
    Not really. It was about mannoroth's fury, not rof.
    MF, by itself, did nothing. Even w/o using MF, RoF enabled endless shards. kept pressure on opposing teams during clashes, and let you spam twin CBs.

Ember regen was nerfed in 5.4. What CB spam are you talking about? Haven't seen much dlocks post 5.4. It's not like before 5.4 it was op w/o MF either, it was good but far from op. But with MF taken it was a BIG deal on RBGs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    MF, by itself, did nothing.
    nice joke dude
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2015-06-20 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Did you bother reading the thread at all? I stated that RBGs was the primary reason RoF was nerfed, because it was brokenly OP in them.
    I read it. That doesn't mean I agree with it.

They would not nerf a huge part of a class solely for the sake of RBGs, especially not to the extent they did. They actually stated in a blue post that they did not like Rain of Fire being used in single target PvE rotations, so I really think that makes a lot more sense. They never once brought up RBGs.

They destroyed it because they don't want us to use it just like Demo warlocks
    Last edited by Bryntrollian; 2015-06-21 at 01:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    I read it. That doesn't mean I agree with it.

They would not nerf a huge part of a class solely for the sake of RBGs, especially not to the extent they did. They actually stated in a blue post that they did not like Rain of Fire being used in single target PvE rotations, so I really think that makes a lot more sense. They never once brought up RBGs.
    Blizzard does nerf things that they find OP in PvP settings, including RBGs. When they first started reining in Destros AoE, it was during the time that almost every high level RBG team was running 2-3 Destro Locks. At the time, they were not OP at all in PvE. My team was running 2, and me and the other lock were routinely doing 40-60 million damage per sustained clash. Even DKs weren't coming close. If it had only been to stop it from being used on single target, they would havfe simply made it not regen embers. They did far more than that.

I do not understand what you fellas are talking about.

If it is dealing too much damage in PvP, just put a "deals less damage against players".
    If mannoroth's AoE radius is too big in PvP, that really has nothing to do with RoF's damage.

If it was getting abused in single target pve rotations for embers, then lower or remove ember generation.
    If it's damage was too high and was abused in single target rotations, then SLIGHTLY lower the damage so it is used in 3+ target situations.

In no way imaginable is it acceptable to nerf a spell's damage output (it's only possible function) by so much that it is unusable.
    Especially since it's damage output wasn't what was causing the majority of the problems.

10+ Year Old Account
    RoF is not even in my action bar anymore.
    The red threat

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    It is damage had absolutely nothing to do with it is usage in single target.
    No clue why blizzard acted with such extreme bluntness and ignorance...
    Lol

if you want to do damage low level your best bet is to go tank spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be labelled as bloat and pruned soon enough. "It's not great class fantasy, it's pretty weak, not a lot of people used it, so it's gone."
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Deleted
    I think the logic was probably something like, we don't like to see AOE spells constantly used in a single-target rotation

Most destrolocks would use RoF in single target because the ember generation was so high

However, they wildly overnerfed the damage component - I never see anyone use rain of fire in PVE. Period. It's just a waste of a GCD and mana

If the ember generation was a problem, remove that
    If the damage was too high for PVP , introduce a modifier "against players"

Unfortunately, it simply comes across as a stupid sledgehammer to crack a nut, with rain of fire rendered more or less useless for anything. I just don't see it being used, except maybe people doing something glike apexis dailies in a group and using it to tag groups of mobs

Deleted
    I am glad its so bad, so i don't have to use it (less micromanagement yay, no GCD waste yay). we have Immolate. Fire and Brimstone and cataclysm, why another AOE then. they should prune this shit out entirely.

Deleted
    Yeah, it makes real sense to have a modifier based on a secondary resource to turn single target spells into multi-target ones, rather than use a spell designed to be aoe from the get-go

Its great for pulling mobs lol. Its a real shame what they did to it.

Deleted
    Disregard rain of fire as a damage rotation spell, it's a utility one now. Just think of it and use it in the same way you would use a hunter's flare.