Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    I still don't understand why weakened soul can't be unique per priest (in the same way buffs are, you can have multiple renews or CoWs etc etc).
    Then 3 disc + shaman would be the go-to comp for mythic guilds

Quote Originally Posted by Redsparowe View Post
    No chance, the lack of ability to move healthbars would quickly become noticeable.
    So would the lack of healthbars moving
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

10+ Year Old Account
    If blizzard ever got rid of weakened soul, I would quit healing. That would be the dumbest thing they could ever do to disc. Please never do this blizzard.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekc View Post
    Then 3 disc + shaman would be the go-to comp for mythic guilds
    The fuck would you need the shaman for?

When the shit hits the fan shamans have the most versatile cds. That and their mastery excels in pushing low bars back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    That would be the dumbest thing they could ever do to disc.
    There's quite a bit of competition for that title, so I wouldn't be throwing it around willy nilly if I were you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Double disc would be mandatory if shields stacked, and burst damage has to go way up to justify the significant increase in temporary health pools.
    Oh and I can just hear the complaints from casual raiders from a mile away. They are already asking for absorbs to be changed because Disc priests are taking the enjoyment out of healing in LFR/normal. Back when I had to farm runestones, a holy priest and I would heal LFR, and we managed to get ourselves kicked out because the other healers were "not having fun." Just imagine if we were both Disc and health bars literally did not move.

Whatever change Blizzard decides to make, I hope that it will not completely ruin the spec for Mythic. (Although some could argue it's already ruined -- I just want it to remain viable.) I do not think that the enjoyment factor is an issue for other healers when more damage is going out.
    Last edited by Tygerlily177; 2015-08-05 at 09:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygerlily177 View Post
    Oh and I can just hear the complaints from casual raiders from a mile away. They are already asking for absorbs to be changed because Disc priests are taking the enjoyment out of healing in LFR/normal. Back when I had to farm runestones, a holy priest and I would heal LFR, and we managed to get ourselves kicked out because the other healers were "not having fun." Just imagine if we were both Disc and health bars literally did not move.

Whatever change Blizzard decides to make, I hope that it will not completely ruin the spec for Mythic. (Although some could argue it's already ruined -- I just want it to remain viable.) I do not think that the enjoyment factor is an issue for other healers when more damage is going out.
    Ever though why people are whining, or if it isn't a problem for you then it should not be for anyone? They will never ruin the spec for mythic, what is there to ruin? You press the lowest amount of spells and have only 1 reason to be brought in raids. There is so little for them to ruin with priests when it comes to style, they will probably nerf you a tiny bit, and then buff you for twice the amount.

You should not worry imo

Going to bump this too, since it was on page 14. For those still progressing, this is a good thread to get help/see what people did during their progression.

Deleted
    Am I the only one who can't get high healing done on Velhari? Even in HFC I just felt like I can't pull high numbers in it as a Disc. I'm getting like 80-90k.

Now we are at mythic Velhari, our longest pull have been ~4min so far (10 pulls in) almost at phase 3 and my healing was at like 90k.
    I use cow for tanks? Should I?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=2

Also looking at some of the top logs, their divine aegis is crazy, are people stacking crit on this or what?
    Last edited by mmoc87e2fb35a3; 2016-02-14 at 08:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillo View Post
    Am I the only one who can't get high healing done on Velhari? Even in HFC I just felt like I can't pull high numbers in it as a Disc. I'm getting like 80-90k.

Now we are at mythic Velhari, our longest pull have been ~4min so far (10 pulls in) almost at phase 3 and my healing was at like 90k.
    I use cow for tanks? Should I?

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...aling&source=2

Also looking at some of the top logs, their divine aegis is crazy, are people stacking crit on this or what?
    You only need CoW if you are having issues with tank deaths. At this point in the tier when everyone progressing on this is 730+ idk if its completely necessary, but for it might be. Try some pulls with and without it and see if there is a difference in the survivability of your tanks.

90k isn't bad for a first kill while using CoW. Thats generally where most disc priests were at when they were progressing on this several months ago too.

Your DA is crazy low because you don't use your EAA. (Also use penance more).

Top logs have very high DA because in p2 they spam PoH with PI+Ring+AA to cheese the no overhealing in order to rank.
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    I know, I've always had problems with EAA. I'll try to use it more and for Penance, on some pulls I just kinda drop it for some reason, usually should have like 70-80% uptime tho. (I know it should be higher)

But oh well, gotta learn how to play. I've healed only since BRF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post

Top logs have very high DA because in p2 they spam PoH with PI+Ring+AA to cheese the no overhealing in order to rank.
    Does this apply to every boss? (Like is this the way to go if you want ranks as a disc?)
    Last edited by mmoc87e2fb35a3; 2016-02-14 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does this apply to every boss? (Like is this the way to go if you want ranks as a disc?)
    Depends on the boss and how many healers there are. If they're solo healing, then generally yes, otherwise it depends. Its just very effective on Tyrant because of the no overhealing in P2, even though PoH isn't actually doing any "real healing."

Deleted
    You will always be low on Tyrant compared to other classes, unless cheesing like mentioned above, wich i dont recommend on progression. Its cause other classes can do no overhealing so your shields aren´t as effective but you are still important to the kill as you give people an extra buffer on their hp.

I still went CoW on Tyrant but it was also progress again for my new guild. Tanks get hit very hard in p3 and you might want to keep cow so you can spam tanks, holy pala can help with beacon while healing debuffs + heals. So the rest can focus only on raid damage. But this depense abit on how good your tanks are and co-healers.

And i agree with Pearl, you really need to use EAA PoH and penance on cd. Get a good weakaura or tellmewhen. If you already got one then change it cause a WA/TMW that doesnt help you improve is a shitty one.

Your AA uptime could also be improved and your 2 set uptime aswell (wich links to you not keeping penance on cd).

Also spec out of cascade, it hits full hp pets way to often en the healing it does is very low compared to Halo. Tho for this fight i recommend Divine Star as you are stacked up on the important parts and you dont got time to be moving out and cast a halo.

With this you should see a good increase on your healing, but dont expect to be top, wich is totally fine on this fight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    You will always be low on Tyrant compared to other classes, unless cheesing like mentioned above, wich i dont recommend on progression. Its cause other classes can do no overhealing so your shields aren´t as effective but you are still important to the kill as you give people an extra buffer on their hp.
    There is actually a tool in Exorsus Raid Tools called "Fights Logs" that is able to filter the overheal-into-absorb. Pretty nice if you wish to know how your performance really was.

Афиа (Afiya) said it was quite easy to code and he wondered why noone else ever implemented it into logs.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2016-02-15 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Pretty nice if you wish to know how your performance really was.
    Don't really need to, already highest at the end of the fight as is, so the gap will simply be wider.

I don't use PoH except for EAA on tyrant anyway.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Sixthumbs View Post
    Афиа (Afiya) said it was quite easy to code and he wondered why noone else ever implemented it into logs.
    Well the way it's done in ERT is approximate; close, but approximate. It really is easy - it took me a couple of minutes to adjust my (crappy) code for analysing uploaded logs - but dealing with the last heal on a given Touch of Harm as well as providing proper exceptions for Purgatory and the like are not always so simple. This approximation is, perhaps, why WCL never implemented it (among other reasons given on the WCL forums); I'd certainly want to be precise if I were in control of something as large as WCL. I'm just speculating here.

Another thing that I'm not certain received much attention was Sanctus and its healing division effect, which works in the logs by absorbing the appropriate amount of healing from the healer (e.g. 50% if there are two Sanctus users) then spreading out the healing, which is attributed to the tank. So, when Sanctus is active with two tanks, you can spam heals on either tank and never have more than 50% overhealing (log-wise). An example is this section of Xhul'horac where, if you examine the actual healing done event-by-event and compare it to the recorded effective healing, shows that ~19.3k effective HPS was added due to this.

Either way, HFC is effectively over, so probably nothing worth stressing over really.
    Oh yeah, look at it go! Roll out the barrel; feel it in your bones!
    6.2 Healing Priest Spreadsheets; Legion Holy Priest Rotation Calculator (WiP)

Its not just about HFC though, just logs in general. Like on a fight like tyrant I've seen MW's and Resto's pulling 200k+ HPS while disc priests are strugging to get past 150k (not sure if still true tbh). Main reason is that hots keep "healing" but aren't actually doing anything. It's the same thing that happened on Malk and made holy priests god tier on that fight (the dream).

Deleted
    So, progressing M Archi atm, we have ~75ish pulls in and we've had 4-5 ~25% wipes so far.

We are doing the 1 doomfire strat, so lust at start. I have a few questions about this fight as a Disc.

I am the one soaking doomfire, so I use CoW instead of WoM. Is it worth to self cast PoM?

Should I even be getting 5 AA stacks before using it? It feels like I really don't have time to start using smite, I usually just cast HF/Penance to get 1 or 2 AA stacks before using EAA.

4 set vs 2 off piece? I don't have either M tier shoulders/chest (I can get them if needed, but still debating), since I have only really played with the 2set for the whole progression, but I feel like the 4set could be decent for Archi.
    Last edited by mmoc87e2fb35a3; 2016-04-05 at 10:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am the one soaking doomfire, so I use CoW instead of WoM. Is it worth to self cast PoM?
    You can use CoW for it. Most priests used it before ilvl buff because you can completely negate all the fire damage with CoW+PWS. But at my ilvl of 742 its easy to keep myself topped off with pws/penance on cd and maybe a few heals/FH's. If I have EAA still up when I'm soaking, I'll try to avoid using a FH so that I can use my EAA on PoH for wroughts. In that case I just spam Heal the entire time when penance and pws are on cd.

So as long as your ilvl is high enough, which assuming at this point in the game it is, you really don't need CoW. But if you're having trouble keeping yourself topped off, I'd probably say use it.

Should I even be getting 5 AA stacks before using it? It feels like I really don't have time to start using smite, I usually just cast HF/Penance to get 1 or 2 AA stacks before using EAA.
    TBH, building evangelism stacks when you have to soak fire really sucks. Your stacks will be erratic for sure. The best piece of advice is to always be building stacks whenever you aren't soaking. You want to make sure to have AA up for every wrought. A lot of times I'll get back from soaking and immediately build up to 5 stacks, pop AA, and then build up to 3-4 stacks immediately after that just so I have them going for when I need AA. Timings of AA is pretty unique for your raid cause everyone pushes Archi at different times, especially on progression.

On progression I used 2pc/2pc because of this. It really helped ensure I got 5 stacks for every AA and took a lot of stress off building stacks. But this was also pre-ilvl buff.

4 set vs 2 off piece? I don't have either M tier shoulders/chest (I can get them if needed, but still debating), since I have only really played with the 2set for the whole progression, but I feel like the 4set could be decent for Archi.
    You should really be using 4set for a majority of fights in HFC. It does a pretty decent amount of healing (easily adding 1-2mil free healing on most fights). 4pc on Archi easily does 2mil+ healing, especially if you're 2 or 3 healing.
    Last edited by Pearl1717; 2016-04-05 at 09:14 PM.