Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Honestly the only real difference between normal and heroic is the damage, I believe hellfire assault has an extra canon but that's about it.
    Yes, and this means a lot when you are discussing what talents or gear to use. For example, I did not use CoW for any of the encounters on heroic, but normal was such a snooze fest that I ended up with the talent on several encounters just to give myself something to do. I was also using DPS trinkets and a few non-spirit pieces for the first 10 bosses, which I did not do in heroic. Anyway, the real reason why I am requesting the distinction is that I would put more weight into any suggestion if it was intended for my difficulty.

I know that you were doing Mythic last tier. Well imagine if an LFR player told you to use CoW on Gruul because it increased his HPS. You would probably just ignore his suggestion and look for something that applied to your level of raiding. Well now imagine if he did not tell you that it was LFR. You might think that he is crazy, or if you were not really familiar with the encounter, you might start to question what you are doing. This is the feeling that I try to avoid. There are set number of people whom I already trust on these forums, but whenever a comment comes from a stranger, I would prefer to know what content he/she is doing.

Now I realize that the difference between LFR and Mythic vs. Normal and Heroic is much more significant, but I would really appreciate if we noted the difficulty for the reason mentioned above.
    Last edited by Tygerlily177; 2015-06-27 at 11:06 PM.

I see your point. Usually ill make the distinction but from a holy standpoint it really is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygerlily177 View Post
    Now I realize that the difference between LFR and Mythic vs. Normal and Heroic is much more significant, but I would really appreciate if we noted the difficulty for the reason mentioned above.
    I try to do it as often as I can, and encourage everyone to do the same. The same goes with pointing out holy vs. disc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

He's dead! https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/za3cAfknT2hQ7yNY#

Our strategy for healing phase 3 was simply to sit completely still and take all of the infernal damage. It was more important to maintain the 6 yard spread and to stay in range of healers than to dodge the circles. We used tranq and personals on the first and devo + hymn on the second. The third was just everything that's left. We only sent one healer in the Nether Realm (a monk). He seemed the least affected by the bug, and even if his UI did break, he could still spread his HoTs and revival. I'll check if any of our raiders recorded the kill.

Deleted
    why does that h2p guide favor archimonde staff over xulhorac staff?
    €dit: for holy priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    My guild killed him on normal yesterday night - try and pay attention to your targeting after you come out of the Twisting Nether. Me and the other healer that went in couldn't target 14/16 people in the raid after we came out. Not even mouseovers worked, or clicking on their actual models. The only thing that worked was targeting Archimonde and using the Assist button (select the target's target). /tar <name> might have worked too but I didn't try it, and this persisted throughout the whole login session.
    My guild just killed it on normal tonight, and our healers didn't experience any bugs coming out of the Nether realm.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shakawkaw View Post
    itemlevel is king. especially on weapons. The int and Spellpower gain outweights every secondary stat distribution

Quote Originally Posted by shakawkaw View Post
    It's just a matter of weighing stats. Using Red+Myllior's weights puts Edict of Argus at +15.5 compared to Voidcore Greatstaff. Simply put, because weapons have both intellect and spellpower, the item with a better iLvl is better, most of the time.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

I had a strange time yesterday during Velhari second phase. While her aura limit healing to a portion of max HP of every, I though absorbs would shine and used all my cd during this phase raid damage. But my HPS just plumeted while my manabar was drained.
    Is there a mecanism I didn't understand ? Is raid damage so much reduced during this phase (Edict and Font of corruption still deals significat damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    I had a strange time yesterday during Velhari second phase. While her aura limit healing to a portion of max HP of every, I though absorbs would shine and used all my cd during this phase raid damage. But my HPS just plumeted while my manabar was drained.
    Is there a mecanism I didn't understand ? Is raid damage so much reduced during this phase (Edict and Font of corruption still deals significat damage).
    Our disc priest also did low HPS (less than 50k, compared to my almost 77k as holy) on heroic. The second lowest was our monk with 58k, so there's definitely something about disc priests on that fight, that I actually welcome because for once they're not he powerhouse of the healing team.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-06-30 at 12:42 PM.

Deleted
    Our disc priest also did low HPS (less than 50k, compared to my almost 77k as holy) on heroic. The second lowest was our monk with 58k, so there's definitely something about disc priests on that fight, that I actually welcome because for once they're not he powerhouse of the healing team.
    I'm pretty sure healing in P2 with the absorb aura counts on meters but doesn't actually do any healing similar to tortos and malkorok, atleast I think it does. That's why shamans do such stupid healing on that fight.

Yeah I've noticed that our absorb healers (hpally/disc) seem to suffer, however when I'm holy I keep on rocking. Its nice.

Either way absorbs will be even more valuable on a fight like Velhari where your hp is reduced.

Agreed. I've played the fight as both healing specs and have to say as Disc its nice to be able to pop shields on people with the debuff to give them a nice buffer and allow all the healers to focus and bitch heal.

Quote Originally Posted by Talimonk View Post
    I'm pretty sure healing in P2 with the absorb aura counts on meters but doesn't actually do any healing similar to tortos and malkorok, atleast I think it does. That's why shamans do such stupid healing on that fight.
    This is the answer. Just ignore the meter. This fight is a massive cheese fest for other healers. There's no cap on the absorb, so throughput healers can spam on people at "full" health and it will still count towards the meter. We actually had our holy priest go disc with me because we could blanket the entire raid with absorbs and one of us could CoW the tanks. Then again, we were carrying several family and friends for extra loot (we don't do split runs), so the phase was lasting a lot longer than it should have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Mmm I noticed that your hps does go down, but thats due to less raid damage going out as a whole. I think I've been finishing P1 at around 90k hps and finish p2 at like 70-75k. It's by and large not a friendly disc fight for big numbers, this fight is made for rshams.

They way I handled P2 which worked well for me was to continue to shield tanks on CD, EAA+PoH tank+meleegroup (cause they should be in 1 group :P ), shield random raid members, and penance on CD into the healing absorb debuff target.
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Either way absorbs will be even more valuable on a fight like Velhari where your hp is reduced.
    I'm actually going to disagree with this -- not because absorbs aren't valuable in general (in fact they are especially valuable when HP is limited), but because the kind of damage you take in the Velhari encounter isn't something that absorbs work well with. It chips away at your heath, which is something that Healing Rain and HoTs are able to handle better (HR/Eff in particular). I'm not saying disc's not valuable, I'm just saying I'd rather have a shaman.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-06-30 at 05:53 PM.

I'm actually going to disagree with this -- not because absorbs aren't valuable in general (in fact they are especially valuable when HP is limited), but because the kind of damage you take in the Velhari encounter isn't something that absorbs work well with. It chips away at your heath, which is something that Healing Rain and HoTs are able to handle better (HR/Eff in particular). I'm not saying disc's not valuable, I'm just saying I'd rather have a shaman.
    Honestly I think one disc with CoW will be mandatory in Mythic. You can pretty much bypass the debuff and never dispel. Also the hp debuff will persist through p3 where the raid damage escalates, so I still think disc is really good in this fight.

Also I just tried Halo for the first time and I almost shat my pants when I saw the new animation, thinking I had missed some boss mechanic.
    Last edited by Overdispersion; 2015-06-30 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    one disc [...] will be mandatory in Mythic.
    I wouldn't have it any other way

Quote Originally Posted by Tygerlily177 View Post
    This is the answer. Just ignore the meter. This fight is a massive cheese fest for other healers. There's no cap on the absorb, so throughput healers can spam on people at "full" health and it will still count towards the meter. We actually had our holy priest go disc with me because we could blanket the entire raid with absorbs and one of us could CoW the tanks. Then again, we were carrying several family and friends for extra loot (we don't do split runs), so the phase was lasting a lot longer than it should have.
    Yeh, we the tanks kept dying in p2 when I was spec'd into Words of Mending so I want Clarity and we killed the boss. Not a big fan of phase 2.