Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The playerbase of this game seems divided these days between teenage douchebags and jaded old people who just don't give a shit anymore. I don't feel like WoW has that same kind of feeling anymore where everything is new and interesting and people are learning the game and looking for a sort of "role model" so to speak; everyone's already been there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I think that people simply stopped caring. In the end, what can those "famous" players do to make them relevant to you in any shape or form ?

1. God-tier gear was harder to get in vanilla and BC. So when a pvp video was released, showing an arms warrior literally doing 1v5s and 1shotting people like Sauron, everyone with average gear was like "OMG". This isn't the case anymore because gear gap is smaller, good gear is more accessible, and pvp gear is normalized.

2. There are still e-famous WoW players. Usually they are pvpers, but interest in pvp feels like it has died down significantly starting from Cata.

More people hanging around cities with nothing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    People choose to do mythic or any higher format because it is not the same.
    That argument has never been true.
    Mythic players do it for the challenge, not because it's more content.

Others don't because why take the challenge when you can get essentially the same things by doing lower settings. Stats don't matter nearly as much to most as people think.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Mythic players do it for the challenge, not because it's more content.

Others don't because why take the challenge when you can get essentially the same things by doing lower settings. Stats don't matter nearly as much to most as people think.
    Exactly.

Some people make it sound like people only raid mythic to get gear. Most people I've raided with enjoy the challenge, playing with the same group of people each week, and the process of wiping dozens of times and then finally getting that kill. Fancy gear is just a bonus, and becomes useless on the release of next major patch or expac.

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    You'd be surprised how many whispers I get if I sit on my DK asking stupid blood dk questions throughout this tier.

But really most of the people who get that attention are just the streamers through their stream. Most of that attention is on that now that streaming is so big throughout many games.
    Jello that's because you are everywhere and don't sleep you god damn video gaming robot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    Exactly.

Some people make it sound like people only raid mythic to get gear. Most people I've raided with enjoy the challenge, playing with the same group of people each week, and the process of wiping dozens of times and then finally getting that kill. Fancy gear is just a bonus, and becomes useless on the release of next major patch or expac.
    I think its somewhere in between, is probably more like "because it's there". It still represents a challenge with something to gain from it once Heroic is done. Overwhelmingly players that start a few bosses won't actually finish, and probably have no real expectations of doing to. But what they can do still has rewards, and its still offering a new challenge to overcome, so why not go ahead and see how far you can go?

And again, with famous players, without the big guillds that existed pre-Cataclysm, there isn't that tag you'd look out for, for seeing if you can see someone good for your own class to actually pay attention to. Across MoP and Cata 10 man guilds were harder to spot, and didn't always have all classes covered so you didn't know who to look for. Now, in WoD everyone is in their garrison, no one sees anyone.

Lastly, with the rise of alts, people just don't sit around the same, or if they do, it might not be on their most awesome toon.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-06-22 at 08:10 PM.

I used to heal Pat. That is my claim to fame.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I think that people simply stopped caring. In the end, what can those "famous" players do to make them relevant to you in any shape or form ?
    I think it is more that people never gave a damn in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by hyphnos View Post
    I think it is more that people never gave a damn in the first place.
    Oh, I don't know.

But "famous people" often show up long after their 15 minutes have passed, wearing their 10 year old clothes, still trolling for attention. It's pathetic, but, you know, they're only human I guess.