Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kostattoo View Post
    Just build a new micro/itx rig, seems you need the upgrade anyway as well. The only problem i see could be budget, so thats up to you.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless someone doesn't know jack about pcs i wouldn't eve pay 400bucks for it. Gpu's are like running onboard atm, the only thing that is worth something in there is the cpu and thats for light gaming.
    The GPU's would still perform decently in most modern games on medium settings. But those wouldn't be the selling point anyway. The case and possible custom loop would be. Enthusiast full tower, already drawn custom loop, professionally drawn cable management. Not to mention 2TB storage, A windows 7 license(100 bucks), CD/DVD player, 750W PSU(Probably?) It's a great starter kit for someone looking to build their own enthusiast PC. And I mean if you look at the prices for a full tower: 200 bucks minimum, custom loop(Including reservoir and water blocks etc) 500 bucks + time you spend setting it up, cable management which is time consuming and then all the lesser component such as HDD/CD drivers etc. Fuck, 400 would be a steal.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LyJHt6

I left out the OS since it comes down to preference right now and it doesn't really matter if you have windows 7 or 8.1 as you can pick up a free windows 10 license if you own windows 7 and up.
    Last edited by mmoc12de78fbb7; 2015-06-21 at 11:00 AM.

Deleted
    if you want higher end, you got the budget look at the following. You don't have to buy the hdds, you can use your old ones if you want.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($219.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    CPU Cooler: be quiet! PURE ROCK 87.0 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler ($24.90 @ Newegg)
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N-WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($100.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($97.89 @ OutletPC)
    Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
    Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 4GB Video Card ($297.00 @ Newegg)
    Case: Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX Mini ITX Tower Case ($64.99 @ NCIX US)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($60.98 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 OEM (64-bit) ($86.98 @ OutletPC)
    Total: $1052.70
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-21 07:03 EDT-0400

if you want a different case, with a handle but much more expensive look at this one, Corsair 380T Mini

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buljo View Post
    snip.
    Thats not a small factor build, the point of this is to make something small, and as sidenote, ppl should stop recommending CM evo anymore. Its 5years old, its outdated and you can buy better as low budget cpu cooler atm. Coolermaster has even released its newer version 212X. The corsair cx power supplies are crap quality wise and the kingston ssd are meh, they drop speeds down after a while alot.

Liquid cooling means jack when the pc is too old to pull its weight. I showed you a little setup that can be made much cheap with 600 bucks that is miles better than this. As i said 400bucks would be okish.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-06-21 at 11:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ppl should stop recommending CM evo anymore. Its 5years old, its outdated and you can buy better as low budget cpu cooler atm.
    Define 'better'. the pure rock looks to be almost identical, except worse design (pipes are not direct contact). I mean, in the end we're probably talking about a couple degrees difference at the top end. Hardly a reason to 'stop suggesting'.

If there's something legitimately better out there in the $30 segment, I'm all for it.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    The reason is they are usually at the same price and the pure rock half the times is cheaper, on a sale etc. the outdated doesn't only mean performance in degrees. In that area they are the same pretty much. But the difference is one is alot lot quieter than the other and also accomodates more ram profiles. When you get those differences at 25-30bucks thats big enough for me to never recon it again. Besides coolermaster released the updated version of it like a year ago...

Deleted
    if you want higher end, you got the budget look at the following. You don't have to buy the hdds, you can use your old ones if you want.

if you want a different case, with a handle but much more expensive look at this one, Corsair 380T Mini

- - - Updated - - -

Thats not a small factor build, the point of this is to make something small, and as sidenote, ppl should stop recommending CM evo anymore. Its 5years old, its outdated and you can buy better as low budget cpu cooler atm. Coolermaster has even released its newer version 212X. And the corsair cx power supplies are crap.
    OP said something lighter or smaller that was more movable for easy cleaning. Comparatively to his current or not, A R200 is a small and very light case. The 212X isn't available through PC partpicker, and the 212 evo is far from shit. It has held up for this many years for a reason. And the corsair cx isn't shit. It's shit in the enthusiast community but that's not the community where OP belongs otherwise he wouldn't be here asking for advice. It's a very cheap PSU and decent PSU and it's semi-modular, which makes keeping your PC clutter free and clean so much easier.

Liquid cooling means jack when the pc is too old to pull its weight. I showed you a little setup that can be made much cheap with 600 bucks that is miles better than this. As i said 400bucks would be okish.
    It's not about how the CPU and GPU performs, those can be replaced. Nobody would buy his rig for its performance. That's not the selling point as I explained. The other parts in that PC are ageless (If kept in good condition) and therefor still worth money. Lots of people are interested in buying older PC's simply for getting all the minor components and ground work so much cheaper. Buy what he has now for 400 and then invest another 400-500 in GPU and CPU and you got yourself a pretty good computer 100-200 bucks cheaper than you would normally.
    Last edited by mmoc12de78fbb7; 2015-06-21 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    ... and the 212 evo is far from shit. It has held up for this many years for a reason. And the corsair cx isn't shit. ...
    I never said 212 evo was shit, where did you see that? I had it on a couple previous builds, i know how it is. What i did say is that you can get better for same or even less money than that. That says it all.

As for the cx power supplies they are crap. Half the times come DoA or fail within a few months. I know that when i will spend 700-1000bucks on a rig i wont cheap out for 15bucks to get a higher quality psu that is the heart of the pc.

Deleted
    I never said 212 evo was shit, where did you see that? I had it on a couple previous builds, i know how it is. What i did say is that you can get better for same or even less money than that. That says it all.

As for the cx power supplies they are crap. Half the times come DoA or fail within a few months. I know that when i will spend 700-1000bucks on a rig i wont cheap out for 15bucks to get a higher quality psu that is the heart of the pc.
    212x still not available on PCpartpicker.

Never heard of any overwhelming CX specific DoA problems or infancy deaths when it comes to normal usage. Sure, I've read a threads or two about DoA CX PSU's but then again, there's lots of those threads about virtually every other PSU. A few bad experiences doesn't make it consistently shit. And even if you luck out and it does come DoA you can RMA it and get another one. Even if it dies after 2 months, you have a 1 year warranty, RMA it and get another one. It's a non-issue.
    Last edited by mmoc12de78fbb7; 2015-06-21 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, your rig is 5 years old so same specs won't happen, it has to be better!
    Second of all you can build an itx build as i said. Just to give you a rough idea of dimensions and specs, you can obviously make it more powerful:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($189.95 @ SuperBiiz)
    Motherboard: ASRock H97M-ITX/AC Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard ($72.98 @ Newegg)
    Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($48.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($89.99 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: Sapphire Radeon R9 270X 2GB Dual-X Video Card ($119.99 @ Newegg)
    Case: Corsair 250D Mini ITX Tower Case ($69.99 @ Newegg)
    Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA GS 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($60.98 @ Newegg)
    Total: $652.87
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-06-21 06:54 EDT-0400

WOW man thank you, now the i5 that's going to be better than what I have now in terms of performance, and what would be the difference I would notice between that and a i7?

I guess my only other issue might be the tower, and possibly the weight, want to have something easy to upgrade if need to too, but This looks damn good.

$652.87 that's cool too
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2015-06-21 at 11:49 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Even if it dies after 2 months, you have a 1 year warranty, RMA it and get another one. It's a non-issue.
    Yeah. Too bad that "non-issue"could easily fry other components if it goes bad.