Thread: Weakauras gone

Weakauras gone

Hey,

i use weakauras2 and somehow all my auras are gone. I've been around looking for a solution but I can't seem to find it.

What's the problem and what have i done to try and solve them:

-All my auras are gone. I quit the game yesterday and just as the game is closed it freezes and im forced to restart my computer manually. I'm guessing it has something to do with this and the fact that weakauras didn't 'exit' properly.
    -The addon in itself works fine today. I can make new auras, I get no error messages when logging in or creating new auras/importing etc.
    -I've checked my lua files and everything seems to be wiped more or less.
    -It all boils down to this: Is there any way to restore my weakauras from yesterday?

As I can't post links yet I can't show you my weakauras.lua, but i can tell you that it's basically empty and consists of only 200 lines of code with only 'talent_caches' for hunter and shaman - the 2 classes I had auras for.

Thank you in advance!

If you're on a pc, you can check weakauras.lua for Previous versions (right-click>properties>Previous Versions tab) but even if you do have some, they would not have the auras you made from the game session prior to the freeze. You pretty much lost those since they never got a chance to save.

Unfortunately there's no previous versions available I didn't make any changes and/or new ones yesterday at all however.

As you partly figured out, changes to the saved variables are not written immediately but upon logging out, exiting, or reloading the UI.
    After making a lot of changes I can strongly advise at the very least reloading the UI to ensure they are saved.
    Also backing up the saved variables for all your addons is a good practice.
    It is very unfortunate that we can't help more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Yeah. I've had that happen to me too.
    Learned to keep a backup of all my WAs in a txt-document after that >.<
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

oh well, thank you guys for helping me out even though they're gone for good. I appreciate that! I'll have to keep a backup from now on so it doesn't happen again.