Poll: Do you plan of having kids?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Like hell im gonna put children into this miserable planet as it is now.
    Following this logic, people should not have had children during all the big wars etc. either - because, really, the world was a lot shittier during some of those periods of time.

Deleted
    Nope. Never saw myself with kids. I dont like them and I am too selfish person to care for anyone else to the extend that children need. So Im better off without any.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Ye cause its only the mans fault if they dont use condom.
    not like it takes two to tango. And it was kinda proven that women think just as much about sex as we do.
    SO YEAH.
    ...Yeah. Women are pigs, too. I, uh, didn't say they weren't?

Do you need help removing a stick from your person, or something?

Deleted
    The future will be lovely. The trend is that the more educated someone is, the fewer children they will want. This is a statistical fact.
    Meanwhile poor people, and this also includes minorities like gypsies, blacks, and arab immigrants in Europe are aiming for the large family model. In several regions, in elementary school classes children of "minorities" already outnumber the native kids. White people are causing their own downfall and extinction.

I cannot even imagine the demographic and social implications of this, but one thing is for sure: if poor people wish to continue to leech off the social system, and shit out babies at the same rate as they do now, they will be in for a rude awakening when there won't be enough people around to pay for it. If things don't change, it wouldn't be surprising if Europe fell to the level of Africa in 50 years.

I'm not blaming you guys - I'm the same, I wouldn't even consider having children. So what if my lineage will end when I die? I will be too dead to care.

I want 8 babies. Atheists have 0.5 per couple so if I have 8 that's like 16 atheist babies. I know as the guy it's a bit much to ask for 8 babies cause we don't have to do much of the work.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    I am legitimately curious to see how many men will actually use them if they come with comparable side effects.
    i think not many will i get nauseaus by birth control and other effects so i dont take it

My husband wants kids, but I'm undecided right now. Mostly because i don't know if I'll be a good parent and if I'll be mature enough to handle it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda like kids, but I don't think I'll have any considering that I don't even have a partner to begin with and by the looks of my health condition, I'll be dead by the time I find one.

Hopefully 3-4 of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vea Lea View Post
    i think not many will i get nauseaus by birth control and other effects so i dont take it
    The male pill will be non-hormonal. It will actually (from one perspective) be a positive thing for women, since so many of them struggle with the problems their pill causes. There may be side effects, always are. but they won't all be the same. We'll have to wait and see.

I think you're being more hopeful than realistic about how many men will use it. It represents a potentially huge shift in society. That's got to be a little scary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    I think you're being more hopeful than realistic about how many men will use it. It represents a potentially huge shift in society. That's got to be a little scary.
    Not really. Why would it be scary?
    Also, I doubt that Vea would be hopeful about few men using them. Why would you think so?

7+ Year Old Account
    The male pill will be non-hormonal. It will actually (from one perspective) be a positive thing for women, since so many of them struggle with the problems their pill causes. There may be side effects, always are. but they won't all be the same. We'll have to wait and see.

pendra say comparable side effects that what i respond to

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    With my genes? Nah.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Following this logic, people should not have had children during all the big wars etc. either - because, really, the world was a lot shittier during some of those periods of time.
    Yeah ... lol why would you birth a child in a warzone, that sounds stupid.

- - - Updated - - -

Safe condom-less sex ... sign me up. As long as the side effects aren't bad that is.

Also, I'd be happy to have more control over the risk of having a child since as a man, I don't have 20 chances to opt out, in fact, I have zero.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    ...Yeah. Women are pigs, too. I, uh, didn't say they weren't?

Do you need help removing a stick from your person, or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    I foresee the majority of men saying fuck it and just thinking with their cocks, like usual.
    You implied it

I plan to, I might even adopt.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

I think some of you need a lesson in exponential growth. This is a short presentation by David Suzuki on the topic of growth. This is not a theory. It is simple math.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9xoFCS33kg

This applies just as much to population growth as it does to the stock market, resource use, bacteria or any other type of growth. The numbers are misleading. At just 7% growth per year the doubling time is only 10 years. Even if the population growth slows or stops, growth in other areas will not. The world markets are designed to grow as fast as possible, and with them the worlds ability to produce must grow. With just a small percentage of growth per year the market and the lifestyle it supports will be unsustainable in a very short amount of time. Remember that our production efficiency comes from the markets and without trade all the surplus we create now disappears. If everyone had to be a farmer to survive the world would have long since passed it's carrying capacity.

If you do have kids please teach them statistics. It should not be a voluntary class.

TL;DR
    Anything that grows steadily has a predictable doubling time.
    Right before the last cycle the environment would be only half full and it would look like there was plenty of space.

If you're interested in even more information on this here's a series of videos on it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-QA2rkpBSY

More info http://www.cairco.org/reference/expo...g-time-rule-70
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2015-06-21 at 02:22 PM.

My GF and I are basically in agreement at this point that kids are not worth the effort. We are young though, so it might change 10, 15 years from now though.

I'm 29 now and not thinking about children any time in the near future, but I do eventually probably want to give it a shot.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

24, virgin, jaded....

all the woman i see anymore just want something from you or cause problems.....

would i like to meet a nice woman and have kids? sure!

do i think it's going to happen...... no because i am afraid anymore of being jailed by a random woman saying i raped her with my eyes!

nope, me nor my other half want any part of that