Thread: [TV] Mr. Robot

Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I like the theory about Whiterose dealing with alternate realities - he's trying to hack reality for real, not just our perception... there are bits and pieces everywhere - especially last season (Angela-WR meeting), and now with the particle accelerator(?)

hacking the fabric of reality would certainly be an ambitious and interesting prospect.

Ending of the episode was very cool. Music playing from the radio and her monologue uninterrupted with christian slater out of focus in the background.

This show has a knack for pulling out very creative scenes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm going to marathon all the episodes in the background while i do stuff for the next few days, and then rewatch 301 (since I missed some of the...easter eggs) and then yeah 302.
    Mr Robot and Little Nightmares is basically my plan for the weekend. It's going to be awesome.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

One of the great parts of this episode that I remembered when I was rewatching it was when Eliot's inner monologue became an outer monologue, and I was like "Oh shit is he just starting to speak out loud with other people around him?" and then it turned out it was just an inner monologue again cause he hadn't even left the restaurant.

I have to say, I feel like I need to rewatch s1 and s2 again, cause I've totally forgotten/lost this reference to the Red Wheelbarrow shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I have to say, I feel like I need to rewatch s1 and s2 again, cause I've totally forgotten/lost this reference to the Red Wheelbarrow shit.
    Yeah, I mostly followed the references, but that one was totally lost on me.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Just finished rewatching S1 and S2. This show is fucking amazing.

When I was watching it week by week, S2 seemed bad because they gave no answers and each character didn't appear that frequently, but in retrospect and watching it as a marathon, it was fucking good.

Red Wheelbarrow was the restaurant that was on the flyer that Tyrell sent to Elliot's house, when he decoded it and went to meet Tyrell at the end of S2E12.

Tyrell also talked about a wheelbarrow in a poem his dad used to sing him.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually I'm rewatching S3E1 and Elliot is saying that sleezeball is the one who sent the menu. I think that makes sense since Sleezeball is the one at Red Wheelbarrow often, but the one that Elliot met was Tyrell. And Sleezeball doesn't look pro enough to make the super cryptic message that Mr. Robot solved...

Who exactly is this Sleezeball guy...

Deleted
    The show was cool when it was about a "hacker" doing "hacking stuff". Then it became about so much other irrelevant stuff. Think it peaked with it's first season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like this season so far, we're getting there. Linux Mint was a good choice.
    Last edited by Serpha; 2017-10-19 at 10:00 AM.

I did NOT think Joanna was going to die there. It was obvious that she was only with the bartender to implicate Scott, and she's ruthless and strong. And it was clear that bartender was crazy and in love with her...but...I didn't think he was a killer. I guess the situation made him insane.

Darlene is working with the FBI now. I don't get what Elliot (Mr. Robot) did at the end of the episode. He tracked their location or something? Wtf was the email about?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get what Elliot (Mr. Robot) did at the end of the episode. He tracked their location or something? Wtf was the email about?
    Basically he pretended to send an email with a super secret secret file on it, KNOWING that Darlene had done something to his computer to give someone access. When the moron FBI guy clicked on the link and installed the file he found there, it gave Elliot the address.

GREAT second episode, this season is 10/10 for me so far. Loved that opening section, with all the creepy Emoji heads, and Elliot trying so hard to be a good worker bee, but still doing his vigilante shit, because at his heart, he's still Elliot.

I NEVER would have guessed they were going to kill Joanna off like that... CRAZY shit. I have to wonder if she had to leave the show for some reason, because that came totally out of left field.

The scene with Darlene trying to bug the computer and sneak out, only to be caught by Mr Robot was fantastic. You start off thinking "Hey, why is Elliot being such a dick" then you realise, about a second or two before she does, what's really happening.

Goosebumps.

Then, finally, the scene with Elliot and his Shrink was excellent, although am I the only one that wanted to see more of Elliot as Mr Robot? He was SO creepy.

p.s. B.D. Wong is SO fucking good. Seriously... How great is he?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Basically he pretended to send an email with a super secret secret file on it, KNOWING that Darlene had done something to his computer to give someone access. When the moron FBI guy clicked on the link and installed the file he found there, it gave Elliot the address.
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
    The first hint he knew something was up when he was stressing about being "compromised" after his shrink meeting, then he paused rebooting up his PC. Elliot detective mode engaged.

Dunno a show that uses song choices better than mr robot does. New sensation was great

"Don't mistake my generosity.........for generosity."

Best, most badass line of television this year. Find me something more epicly written in GoT.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha yeah, that line was fucking GOLD. When he paused after the first 'Generosity' I was trying to guess what he would say... In a milion years I never would have guessed.

Just rewatched the episode in preparation for tonight's new one.

Haha yeah, that line was fucking GOLD. When he paused after the first 'Generosity' I was trying to guess what he would say... In a milion years I never would have guessed.
    Lul my favorite part was where he told Price that he fucked his girl. Which is 150% true. He showed Angela his feminine side and explained his plan and how it relates to her interests, and now Angela is completely enamored with White Rose and s/he's all Angela can think about and work toward helping.

I mean, it's pretty obvious Price sees Angela as a smart young attractive woman working toward making things better, and she's super savvy. For the Security Minister of China, his evil ally/nemesis to even talk about her has to be devastating. Angela used Price's niceness in giving her a position to get the files, and went behind his back to expose her, but Security Minister was the pro one who actually intercepted her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, it's funny how quickly and totally angela has joined up with White Rose...

Although to be fair, if I was in Mr Robot world, I probably would too.

A total Tyrell episode. It was interesting and it was nice to see an entire explanation of what happened to him, especially the integration scenes with other scenes that we already saw, but it felt so long. I kinda wanted to see the story itself progress.

It was pretty obvious that the FBI Director was a Dark Army ally. And the sleezeball guy's story was actually believable, but he's lliterally a carsalesman who lies to everyone to make them feel comfortable. How do I sign up for some evil group's payroll just to help them out when they need it?

If you have to ask, they probably don't want you.

I both loved and hated this episode. I don't understand what they're doing with the timelines. I guess Elliot waking up there is the present. But what about last episode when he was visiting his psychiatrist?

Tyrell is probably the best written character I've seen on TV for a while... He can be weak, powerful, emotional, mad, cute, disciplined, all at once.