Deleted

Post RPPM Trinket trick

I can't be the only that decided to look up some logs from good mage parses only to see ppl having insane trinket rng on pull with huge uptimes on the heroism uptime. After alot of research and testing i found out that it's actually not RNG and you can actually force double trinket proccs..

A certain type of trinkets (RPPM, which is basically the ones which have a random chance to proc, chance dependent on how long it hasn't yet procced for, without a cooldown) will reset its inner proc chance upon boss combat.

So we take advantage of this by proccing them just before the pull. The boss combat resets the proc chance, and because of the internal cooldown, we get back to back procs. e.g. a Mage doing this will have 10 seconds of trinkets on the pull, and then after expiring, will proc immediately after for another 10 seconds (which extend throughout our burst phase)

As Fire:
    4 seconds pull timer remaining:
    Pyroblast cast start ~3 seconds cast)

1 second pull timer remaining:
    Pyroblast cast completes, projectile travelling to boss, immediately cast Ice-floes , both trinkets proc, start Fireball cast

0 seconds pull timer:
    Boss is pulled, trinkets inner cd 'chance to proc' reset back to zero

9-10 seconds into the fight:
    Trinket procs expire, and immediately reproc themselves for another 10sec!

1.5-2 seconds pull timer (depending on flight distance)
    Cast Arcane Barrage (instant cast with slow travel time), immediately cast Ice-Floes and queue Arcane Blast. Trinkets pop

[...] 10 seconds later the trinkets reproc, conveniently when I'm hitting Prismatic crystal

I read up about this on some sites. Happy rankin'... (Too bad some of y'all don't get to put it to work in BRF)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not trying to be rude. But this is really old news thats been talked about in these forums for awhile.

10+ Year Old Account
    You also want to use Fruit basket instead of Arcane Barrage combined with a precast Arcane blast.

Deleted
    I know that most mages that play in higher ranked guidls than me myself know about this along with the mirror image pull trick, but still wanted to reach a wider audience with it, i feel like even in my guild there's people that don't know how about it or doesn't bother, I just hope that someone reading this actually finds it informative and can actually put it to good use I feel like the mage community in particular isn't very informative about things that helps ppl maximize dps, i remember people being so silent about the double ignite spreading trick in the beginning... like as if they thought it was some kind of exploit or a bug that would get fixed

inb4 prepulls due to damage rpm trinkets in hfc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheridanjohn View Post
    inb4 prepulls due to damage rpm trinkets in hfc
    Not more nor less then before. This trick is old and well known.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    yes it's old yet 99% of raiders don't use it to their advantage :P And yes, I'm guilty of a couple of early 1 second pulls in my guild, causing ppl not to prepot haha (Rage ensued) Try not to fuck it up haha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomathan View Post
    I think he meant that people will ninjapull because their damage trinkets proc on the countdown.

Deleted
    As arcane, can you just pop Icy Floes like 3 sec before pull to proc it and then start you AB pre cast right after?

What am I missing about the Ice Floes portion of this trick? What does that do for it?

Is there a reliable way for arcane to pull this off? I'm pretty sure I recall blizz fixing the fruitbasket.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can use Arcane Barrage as Arcane, if you really want to.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Altered-Time.com - the #1 Mage Theorycrafting community.

Didn't they change something so this doesn't work with HFC trinkets?

Not that there're many HFC trinkets were it would even make sense, but at least there's DSI.

Deleted
    OK, this does actuelly work.

Somehow I managed to ninja pull even though I used Arcane Barrage at 1 which I dont completely get.

Anyways, thanks for the trick.