WoD is brutal you either put the fucking insane time of split runs and farm before each race or you go no where.
    The bosses some of them are very highly tuned for your average raider hell even for some of the top30 guilds bosses present significant challenges.
    We just barely end week 6 since the HFC has opened and the top20 changed 15times or more already in terms of rankings..

Does not seem worth for a big % of the population even the hardcore ones.
    As Sco said if you wanna have a chance at world 1st either join method or paragon or don't bother.
    Soon it will be 3 horse race for top3 ....

Do not get me wrong the raiding in it self is at a very good state in terms of difficulty in terms of tuning, but oh the lengths you have to go trough to be able to stay afloat are insane..
    Last edited by Ebalina; 2015-08-03 at 01:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    the normal guilds between 5-20 (or what we view as 'normal') seem to have disbanded/merged with others due to decline in # of raiders
    what?

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    what?
    guilds have disbanded/merged and there are a lot less guilds competing in the same manner as normally expected hence the shake up of top 10/15/20

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    guilds have disbanded/merged and there are a lot less guilds competing in the same manner as normally expected hence the shake up of top 10/15/20
    Oh I thought you were saying guilds are disbanding and merging right now.

no haha

well maybe idk

That wouldn't be surprising at all.
    When summer settles down we will know tough.

Deleted

Kek

Quote Originally Posted by Scamper View Post

Kek
    He he, dank may may m8, top kek, /tipsfedora
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    Do not get me wrong the raiding in it self is at a very good state in terms of difficulty in terms of tuning, but oh the lengths you have to go trough to be able to stay afloat are insane..
    Makes me wonder if Blizzard should just put mythic and heroic back on the same lockout so guilds don't have to do all the split runs after the first week.

Quote Originally Posted by Arold View Post
    Official, polished, edited, FDA approved version of <Limit> Mythic Archimonde:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm9y...ature=youtu.be
    nice.....hulk hogan entrance song

The time commitment required to be competitive is just as absurd. I raided competitively in BC through the end of MOP (US 13th HC Lei Shen is my crowning achievement) and I was never required to have multiple characters, split runs, etc. I mean I get that the game changes and evolves, but I would not be willing to put in all of that time just for the chance to get a good ranking. I probably will sound old and obstinate here, but I miss the raiding days where you would log on after work with your guild mates and kill tough bosses and then log off.

Guilds truly require more now than the advertised time requirements. Many working professionals with life responsibilities simply cannot keep up with that rigorous time commitment. Above all, none of what this competition requires sounds FUN, which is what games are supposed to be, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    The time commitment required to be competitive is just as absurd. I raided competitively in BC through the end of MOP (US 13th HC Lei Shen is my crowning achievement) and I was never required to have multiple characters, split runs, etc. I mean I get that the game changes and evolves, but I would not be willing to put in all of that time just for the chance to get a good ranking. I probably will sound old and obstinate here, but I miss the raiding days where you would log on after work with your guild mates and kill tough bosses and then log off.

Guilds truly require more now than the advertised time requirements. Many working professionals with life responsibilities simply cannot keep up with that rigorous time commitment. Above all, none of what this competition requires sounds FUN, which is what games are supposed to be, right?
    Tbh this is how i think of modern casual player, i think it's more fun to spend 6 months getting 13/13 than to spend 3months farming the last boss over & over again, there's 3 difficulties of raids (I wont count LFR bcs it's really a joke compared to others) and you are progressing all of them at the same time and in the end it will always be exciting once you down a new Heroic/Mythic boss. You still log after work and kill stuff, you're not obliged to do split runs & raid every day just to be top 100. You set your own goal and complete it and you have a plenty of time to do that before new content is out.

Casual or not he has a point. Its really not feasible for the majority of people to spend 9+ hours a day the first week a raid drops doing split runs and the like just for progressions sake. At that point its not really even a game anymore and just a major grindfest which honestly doesn't sound appealing at all. Hats off to top tier raiders, but that kind of hardcore just doesn't suit me personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofimaster View Post
    Tbh this is how i think of modern casual player, i think it's more fun to spend 6 months getting 13/13 than to spend 3months farming the last boss over & over again, there's 3 difficulties of raids (I wont count LFR bcs it's really a joke compared to others) and you are progressing all of them at the same time and in the end it will always be exciting once you down a new Heroic/Mythic boss. You still log after work and kill stuff, you're not obliged to do split runs & raid every day just to be top 100. You set your own goal and complete it and you have a plenty of time to do that before new content is out.
    I appreciate your perspective, but when I raided "hardcore" 25 hours a week was considered "hardcore." It now seems that this 25 hour commitment is laughably casual. You may only spend 25-30 hours a week in a raid instance, but with all of the prep work that needs to be done, you're spending more time preparing than actual raiding. I understand that this perspective now makes me a "casual," but I don't have the time nor the will to keep up the new definition of "hardcore" hence the reason why I stopped playing.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freese View Post
    The time commitment required to be competitive is just as absurd. I raided competitively in BC through the end of MOP (US 13th HC Lei Shen is my crowning achievement) and I was never required to have multiple characters, split runs, etc. I mean I get that the game changes and evolves, but I would not be willing to put in all of that time just for the chance to get a good ranking.
    I don't see how reaching a high rank in Ulduar/ICC or clearing Naxx 40 early required LESS time than it does now.

Naxx 40 progress lasted months and you needed to farm a lot for your 6-7 days a week 4-6 hour raids, alts where used in ICC already and there was more competition than there is now.

There was also no 'content clear' time in BC from T4 - T6 so you had to progress raid for +5 months!
    Last edited by Dangg; 2015-08-03 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    I don't see how reaching a high rank in Ulduar/ICC or clearing Naxx 40 early required LESS time than it does now.

Naxx 40 progress lasted months and you needed to farm a lot for your 6-7 days a week 4-6 hour raids, alts where used in ICC already and there was more competition than there is now.
    I thought the main reason alts were used was to bypass the limited attempts that you got?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I thought the main reason alts were used was to bypass the limited attempts that you got?
    Yeah.

Point stands it took lots of time and you also had to do 10 and 25 man.
    Last edited by Dangg; 2015-08-03 at 05:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    1 word. Ra-den.

Quote Originally Posted by Saggy View Post
    1 word. Ra-den.
    Ra-Den was in ICC and Ulduar? Oh.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post

I digress, but what makes you say that? It's kinda difficult to compare because of increased raid times, the game developing etc, but:

- There was no close race for the #1 spot in ICC. Paragon were 15 days ahead of For the Horde, 16 ahead of Ensidia. On Archimonde, Pargaon were ~50 hours behind Method, Exorsus ~5 days and 3 hours.
    - 18 days since Method killed Archimonde, 12 more guilds have gotten 13/13. 18 days after Paragon downed LK, only 2 more guilds had been able to clear the whole raid.
    - We still have a lot of hardcore guilds, doing daytime raiding, split runs etc.

Besides this, not really sure what one should consider, when comparing the competition in HFC vs previous raids/expansions.