Thread: HM Operations.

HM Operations.

Hey.

I returned to ToR a couple of months back, and to my surprise I have found that I like more than just the class story. So after a couple of weeks of trying FP's and SM Op's, I decided (with my very little experience) to join a HM guild. So, anyone raided HM's? Are they a huge step up? Anyone have any opinions of HM Op's at all? HM Raiding really doesn't seem to be a big thing so it got me wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Hey.

I returned to ToR a couple of months back, and to my surprise I have found that I like more than just the class story. So after a couple of weeks of trying FP's and SM Op's, I decided (with my very little experience) to join a HM guild. So, anyone raided HM's? Are they a huge step up? Anyone have any opinions of HM Op's at all? HM Raiding really doesn't seem to be a big thing so it got me wondering.
    I raid HM's and yes, it's a huge step up in SW to go from SM to HM. You will not be running PUG HM's in SW and if you do happen to grab one of the rare times someone asks, you will be heavily scrutinized to make sure you can make the cut. HM SWTOR OPS have some of more difficult bosses our guys have run in multiple MMO's.

Plenty of SM PUG groups on Jedi Covenant. HM is just to difficult for most.

I can only recall a rare few times I have logged in and not jumped into a SM PUG. In saying that, I do run a healer most times. DPS are a dime a dozen so it will be a bit harder for that spec. Tanks like normal get groups fast as well.

Sorry to say we are currently maxed out at 500 guild members and cannot recruit at this time even if you were on JC. I doubt we purge names till after the summer.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I raided at launch and unless a lot has changed, the jump from SM -> HM is much larger than say Normal -> Heroic, at least for the first few bosses. Currently, on Jedi Covenant, you can get SM ops groups pretty consistently on the fleet. If you find you can't find much on your server, they are currently offering 90% off on character transfers so that could help.

Deleted
    I came back a few months ago, and within weeks jumped to HM. But I have got a lot of HM experience myself, so that plays a part of course.

There's quite a jump from SM to HM, though the first few bosses on HM are quite doable.

If you want to get into HM ops I'd suggest finding a guild to do it with though, trying to pug it is just no fun.