Thoughts and questions on Unstable Felshadow Emulsion.

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=124234/u...sion&bonus=567

Providing leech to the recipient of our heal seems very powerful indeed. Especially powerful if said recipient is low on health and receives a massive mastery boosted heal. My questions for anyone who has tested this trinket out is, does a smaller heal hitting your target before the initial leech bonus has run its course replace this high leech value with a low leech value? In other words, if I healing surge someone and then my chain heal bounces to them shortly thereafter, do they get to keep my large healing surge or do they now have my baby chain heal? Also, does this bonus proc from healing tide/HST and ascendence splash?

Sorry if this has been covered before, I read one article about the the item but that article did not cover smaller heal leeches replacing larger heal leeches.

I know a lot of people have been talking about this trinket being strong in the hands of druids and monks but it seems like this is a very powerful tool for a shaman since our aoe heals hit harder than small rolling hots.

I believe the leech buff provided by the trinket works like ignite, devouring plague or explosive shot for example and is therefore live updating. If you heal someone giving them maybe 300 leech for 10 seconds and they already have 100 leech from gear, they will have 400 leech during this time. If you heal them again maybe 5 seconds later and they would again gain 300 leech, the buff will be refreshed to 10 seconds but they remaining leech effect that still had to run its course is added and divided by the new duration, giving 450 leech from the buff and the base 100 from gear, totalling 550 until it is updated again by a heal by any trinket wearer (you or any of your cohealers having the trinket).

It might not exactly work like I described but I am fairly certain that there is no gaming around this buff and you do not need to fear to overwrite any strong leech effect.

The only thing this trinket encourages is to not completely top off your raid as it would render the shortlived leech buff useless - providing only overhealing. The trinket will very likely only be valuable in any scenario that allows this or forces it - underhealed normal and heroic or any mythic fight while your healing core isn't geared to the teeth yet.

The thing with shamans in comparison with monks, druids or holy priest is that a lot of their toolkit (hots) is of the slow and steady healing variety which doesn't necessarily tops the raid off completely - tranq and revival not withstanding. Shamans excel in burst healing and for us to make a really big use of this trinket we would need a majority of the raid being steadily healed by healing rain, but there it would reign supreme (think the ra-den encounter). I am not sure that is always feasible. I would suggest leaving first dips to the trinket to those classes or for a shaman in the scenario described.

HST and HTT seem not to proc leech, cloudburst does, so do healing tonics, gift of the naaru or restorative mists (ascendance). Not sure about SLT. And I don't think leech healing procs additional leech.
    After seeing in my testing just now that HTT does not seem to contribute it devalues the trinkets somewhat for us, strengthening the case for holy priests, monks and druids as most of their healing as far as I know comes from them and not their guardians.
    Last edited by Deiae; 2015-06-24 at 05:15 AM. Reason: elaboration, spelling

Deleted
    Does the healing from the leech portion contribute to the caster's healing meters at all? Potentially under the buff's name?

Quote Originally Posted by Deiae View Post
    The only thing this trinket encourages is to not completely top off your raid as it would render the shortlived leech buff useless - providing only overhealing.
    ...but Healing Stream Totem and our mastery already encourage such behavior, so nothing actually changes. If people spend most of a fight at full health, you're either using too many healers or overgearing the fight. Either way, min/maxing your leech buff is not a concern and replacing the trinket with another one won't actually help you.

The only downside of that trinket as I see it is that the passive stats are just spirit, which isn't really something we need more of at the moment. I agree that there's a case to be made for letting someone else take it, but I think Chain Heal will be enough to spread it to a viable number of targets even on fights where you can't use Healing Rain much.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Scard View Post
    Does the healing from the leech portion contribute to the caster's healing meters at all? Potentially under the buff's name?
    No, it doesn't.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer