Deleted

Question Rerolling from Holy Priest to Holy Paladin..

Hey there people! I have spoke to my guild to eventually reroll to Holy Paladin (from Holy Priest).

What do you think about my decision? I don't think Holy will be competitive in the new tier, and my healing officer is Disc priest. We already have a holy paladin, but my main alt is a HPally and I think they are the most useful class to stack.

What I am trying to figure out is if I am making the right decision, do you guys think any rework will be done to holy? Do you think we will be competative in any way? Shall I give in a try? I am really confused, I always mained my priest and I was looking forward to 6.2.. But with a Monk,Druid,Shaman,Disc and Holy Paladin in my team, it seems to me I am the obvious choice for benching due to my class and not to my skills. I don't think Holy will be bringing enough to be in for progress compared to the classes we already have in our healing setup.

I don't know if that is relevant to post here, but I would like to hear more opinions. I am very unsure myself. I am kind of the passive person the way it is, decisions aren't really my strong go !

Thank you in advance for all useful comments!

Holy priests are great for progress imo (underhealing). But seem to require more skill then other healers.
    So you currently have 6 healers? Personally with a set-up like that Holypriest is fine, so long as you've a disc and a Holypaladin any other class is fine. We're likely going to 4 heal everything, Holy priests shine more when you're underhealing.

All in all, if I had another disc priest in the raid I would go Holypriest so fucking hard, I'm to likely switch back and forth between disc and holy, no chance I would reroll if I could be holy 24/7.
    But truth is, holy, especially without skills is going to be subpar comapred to other healers. And No There isn't the slightest chance that Holy will get some rework.
    First off they don't want to do big reworks anymore in patches. And secondly with the archimonde trinket and the 4 set bonus for Holypriests it's clear blizz doesn't really care and is taking a piss at us. If there is going to be any rework is going to be through set bonus or trinket, And they wont change it regardless.

Just keep in mind that when you end up underhealing, a holy paladin is great for the tanks. But you will struggle hard to get the group back on top.

Deleted
    Thank you for the quick and prompt response!

I am very confident in my skills as holy, I am just afraid of sitting out due to any class bringing more than me.
    I am really confused exactly because of these reasons.

In my position as a 9/10Mthic 3 days a week raider. I try to do most fights as Holy, but mythic quickly quickly shows a few fights can't be done without disc. Considering we've 4 healers, I wouldn't be afraid of my Holy spot, even if we got another disc priest (Infact I'm begging for one). If you're confident in your abillities to both heal and do tactics, I personally wouldn't be to afraid to lose your spot.
    That is not to say that if you play another class just as skilled, your raid might fare a tiny wee bit better.
    Last edited by Mazeari; 2015-06-23 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    Unfortunately when it comes to hardcore or semi-hard core progress, we are forced to play not what we like, but what is best for progress. My main issue is that having a 10 years of experience behind my back, I clearly see a much better use of a 2nd Holy Paladin in a group, rather than a priest. That is leaving skill level of the player aside, and purely speaking of the utility and healing provided by the two classes I am looking to switch between.

Double holly pally is not as mandatory/popular as it was in BRF. The buff to beacons it self make it seems like it would be sufficient for 1 holy pally to heal the tanks and having 4 beacons would just be overhealing.

I am doing the same, but in large part because we were missing a holy paladin. Our comp is Holy Paladin (me), disc, monk, and double resto shaman. We had a paladin, but only because he switched from his monk to fill the hole with the promise he could go MW monk for 6.2. I am happy because I think I will be more overall use to the raid team, but will miss holy priest. I finished ranked 26 US for holy priest on ProRaider so it was certainly not because I was not putting out numbers as a h .priest, but we feel even me playing average to above average paladin will be much more impactful on our progression. So to sum up lots of/some people feel average Holy Paladin > very high rated holy priest if you team is without a holy paladin especially. In your case as second paladin it less clear and I would think you could stay holy priest if you wanted if your disc and paladin are solid. Still a toss up with the buff to Devo Aura.

Holy priests will not be seeing any rework or even minor changes for a good 8 months to come. You are perfectly safe to jump to any class you want and just come back later.

Deleted
    Are you more skilled than your guild healer colleagues? If yes go holy and have a safe raid spot. Otherwise consider rerolling if you have the option but then again holy is viable (see Jhazrun for example).

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Why are the 2 worst healing specs the best? IMO Disc and Holy Paladin are the least fun healing specs in the game.

Holy is great when you're underhealing, but so is a resto shaman. If anything I would go resto shaman over holy pally if you were set on rerolling. Holy Priest isn't bad, but it does fall behind the other healers, especially if you are evenly skilled. You can't really take Jhazrun into account because, well he's Jhazrun.

Deleted
    Thank you all for joining into my discussion.

A lot of top guild are going for 2 Holy Paladins, mainly because they are getting a huge buff and their CD is am-a-zing!

Do I feel safe playing Holy Priest - certainly. I can say I am performing great. Do I feel safe playing Holy Paladin - I think I am capable.

The main reason I am looking to reroll is due to progress. I think I will be more useful as a holy paladin, and the whole team will benefit a lot more from 2 Holy Paladins, than Holy Paladin + Holy Priest.

I have all healing classes, but my shaman is still 90 - never found pleasure in having one. Holy paladins are indeed boring, but what is important is for my guild to perform well, rather than me having fun. At least in my eyes that is the case.

I think we have decided as a team to go 2 holy paladins... Wish me luck, I will never stop loving Holy Priests <3

Deleted
    I have done this hon, I rerolled to make others happy and be able to progress however in the end I wasn't enjoying the game as much as I felt I was playing more for others then for myself. In the end it's a game, and I hope for you that you shall enjoy playing as a Holy Paladin equally as your Priest. However after having watched your progression movies and logs (I was Holy Priest for a while and enjoyed watching you perform in said movies) I believe your guild would've been fine nonetheless as in the end the player makes the difference not the class or the gear. I performed well over my item lvl countless of times and it just made me believe me more in that classes are just...there to define the abilities, but the role is the person who plays it.

Wish you best Healprincess, your guild hopefully respects you enough to one day understand you wanna go back to Priest. I however won't make that decision ever again, I am back a Priest and enjoying it every minute of it, this time I play for me not for others. I hope Hellfire Citadel will go great for you, I still wished on having downed Mythic Blackhand, but patch game in too early for us to benefit from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyameow View Post
    I have done this hon, I rerolled to make others happy and be able to progress however in the end I wasn't enjoying the game as much as I felt I was playing more for others then for myself. In the end it's a game, and I hope for you that you shall enjoy playing as a Holy Paladin equally as your Priest. However after having watched your progression movies and logs (I was Holy Priest for a while and enjoyed watching you perform in said movies) I believe your guild would've been fine nonetheless as in the end the player makes the difference not the class or the gear. I performed well over my item lvl countless of times and it just made me believe me more in that classes are just...there to define the abilities, but the role is the person who plays it.

Wish you best Healprincess, your guild hopefully respects you enough to one day understand you wanna go back to Priest. I however won't make that decision ever again, I am back a Priest and enjoying it every minute of it, this time I play for me not for others. I hope Hellfire Citadel will go great for you, I still wished on having downed Mythic Blackhand, but patch game in too early for us to benefit from it.

Awww that is the most cheering thing I have read in a long time! I am so glad you enjoyed my videos, I had a long time struggles until i realise how to get my quality to the best state :P The 6.2 videos will be better, still not sure what I will end up playing but oh well It will be, what it will be <3

Thank you a ton for what you said Really cheered me up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Healprincess View Post
    Awww that is the most cheering thing I have read in a long time! I am so glad you enjoyed my videos, I had a long time struggles until i realise how to get my quality to the best state :P The 6.2 videos will be better, still not sure what I will end up playing but oh well It will be, what it will be <3

Thank you a ton for what you said Really cheered me up.
    I'm happy that I managed to cheer you up a bit. I know the feeling.
    I don't even really comment on MMO-Champion much and once I did, while being truthfully honest I got a ban from it, that's what happens when a woman opens her mind. However I have been browsing here for years, and when I saw you writing this post I just had to comment on it and knowing it cheered you up is worth it.
    Last edited by mmoc2b06b27019; 2015-06-23 at 09:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyameow View Post
    I'm happy that I managed to cheer you up a bit. I know the feeling.
    I don't even really comment on MMO-Champion much and once I did, while being truthfully honest I got a ban from it, that's what happens when a woman opens her mind. However I have been browsing here for years, and when I saw you writing this post I just had to comment on it and knowing it cheered you up is worth it.
    It truly did cheer me up! Thank you hun.
    At the end, I decided to test both my Holy Paladin and Holy Priest and see what will suit us best. It will be hard time to play anything but healing priest as main, but if it has to be done - it will be

Once your Holy Paladin has 2-piece tier 18, your beacon overhealing will be through the roof. The usefulness of a second holy paladin is also fully negated by a resto druid with 4-piece (double lifebloom). I think you should stick with the throughput healer.

Deleted
    Okei guys, reporting from the oven. First raid day - it felt good playing holy priest. I was thinking as long as we wear our 4 set, which most likely will be for some times (since we get last priority on loot dps>healers, any other class tier/trinket>Holy priest - I think it is manageble going into mythic with a holy priest in your roaster. Anyone else to report their first day as Holy Priest?
    I also played my paladin, nothing to add there - they just bring more healing - but we did 2 split runs of the first 7 bosses today, and 70% ofthe time there was so much AoE healing to be done, that I was among top 3 at worst playing my Holy Priest.
    So I was thinking, we will certainly be useful in mythic, for heavy AoE fights and until other healers get 4 sets/trinkets. The more gear they get, the less useful we will be. Hoping for a reword of the trinket AT LEAST before mythic, my hopes are not high, but hey ho.. hope dies last...
    Last edited by mmocd20d58e44b; 2015-06-24 at 10:04 PM.

Deleted
    I was struggling the same question. I love my priest but our holy paladin is underperforming and we got a second priest. I know that I'm the better Disc priest and also the better Paladin if I'd had rerolled to my Pal. In the end, I figured to give the new priest a chance to prove himself as disc priest in the first weeks of progress. On top, playing holy was fun and it performed well on a lot of encounters that are more healing intensive (gorefiend and reaver for example). However, the disc and our pala didn't adopt mechanics so fast and we got some wipes on Iskar due to the disc not being able to dispell/interupt while holding the eye. I'd love if it works out and they improve, but I'm afraid I've gotta go back to disc any time soon Especially when the healers finally get their tier set with a big boost and holy priest is left alone on nothing but stats.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-06-25 at 05:18 PM.