Tanaan waygate requires level 3 Mage Tower/Spirit Lodge?

I only have one portal active in my lvl 2 spirit lodge, but I couldn't open the Tanaan portal, it says I need to have a level 3 spirit lodge. This is serious? What a complete stupidity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    I only have one portal active in my lvl 2 spirit lodge, but I couldn't open the Tanaan portal, it says I need to have a level 3 spirit lodge. This is serious? What a complete stupidity.
    How do you have a spirit lodge and not have level 3 already? >.>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaldreno View Post
    Maybe because he doesn't want a level 3 one? The portals take way longer to reach in the level 3 one, as they're on the upper floor, while in the level 2 one they're on the ground floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Maybe because he doesn't want a level 3 one? The portals take way longer to reach in the level 3 one, as they're on the upper floor, while in the level 2 one they're on the ground floor.
    Yes, this. I upgraded to level 3 and downgraded back because of those stupid stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaldreno View Post
    Well, until 6.1, ogre waystones were unique (50) and you couldn't do anything with them once you'd opened the portals, which made collecting them a pain. Even after 6.1, it still requires slaughtering a ton of ogres. If you haven't been doing so, you won't have gotten enough waystones to get the level 3 building.
    Last edited by DarkTZeratul; 2015-06-24 at 01:44 AM.

How is your Spirit Lodge not level 3 by now? O.o

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kharum View Post
    Yes, this. I upgraded to level 3 and downgraded back because of those stupid stairs.
    That's your own problem. No one to blame but yourself, that's just pure laziness.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    How is your Spirit Lodge not level 3 by now? O.o

- - - Updated - - -

That's your own problem. No one to blame but yourself, that's just pure laziness.
    Or maybe someone just built one recently, and only cared about having 1-2 portals?

Regardless, has anyone confirmed that it is specific to the Tanaan waygate, or is it a general change with level 2 towers/lodges? Or a bug?
    Resto Druid - Temerity - 7/7M @ 3 Days / Week

The Tanaan Jungle portal appears at the bottom of the stairs in the level 3 Mage Tower. I believe each zones' portal is in set locations in the tower. So maybe there was no more room in the level 2 tower? Just a guess, could be completely off.