Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    so far I havent seen insane reqs

some 660, some 670, 1 or 2 I think were 685(+), but I expect it was other 685 people looking for a faceroll run

think there was 1 or 2 where I saw "link your best achi" or something .. so far no "link curve"
    hah, thats good, like i said i only did 1 with pug and they were requiring 670+ i think, but i saw some 680 and even 690+ in group finder

Mythic Dungeons feel perfectly placed in terms of their difficulty to me. They're not totally different so it feels like you're going into a Challenge Mode, but they're different enough so you won't be pulling entire rooms with 4 DPS & 1 Tank like you normally do.

Mythic Dungeons though I feel, are exactly where Heroic Dungeons should be.

Remove Mythic, keep that level of difficulty reserved for Heroic, and have Challenge Modes & Normal Modes as the other options. That's just me though, I know that's not for everyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by racsow View Post
    havent got any luck so far, joined 2, wipe at trash wipe at boss, disbanded. Not sure what the idea behind the mythic dungeon is..
    I did 2 with guildies this weekend, whiped once at the fire elementals leading to the big one in bloodmaul slag mine, but that because we pulled everything at the bog one which isnt a good idea it seems. Iron docks was easy one. It was nice doing the dungeons again as they were meant to be, without ignoring mechanics. We had fun and i got a 705 item, so i know what Mythic dungeons is meant for, organised groups of alts around 660-670 that want some upgrades without having to deal with the idiocrasy thats called LFR. Thanks blizz

Might be because of my ilvl (701), but they seemed like heroic but the bosses had a bit more hp, wasn't very enjoyable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some bosses are easier then trash. Thats the only thing i would like diffrent

other then that it's allways fun with something new and shiny!
    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work
    www.twitch.tv/mcitra

Quote Originally Posted by sqq View Post
    Might be because of my ilvl (701), but they seemed like heroic but the bosses had a bit more hp, wasn't very enjoyable.
    The bosses had a LOT more hp. I'd recommend doing them on alts, not your mythic main.
    Have you done CMs? The differences are identical to what they added in CMs, but are much harder because people can actually be undergeared and unskilled for them.
    90 percent of the people you find wanting to do them (ie not mythic raiders doing them for no reason but to complain about them being not enjoyable) have no clue how to rotate cds for AOE and probably don't even know what a potion is, let alone how to use it prior to combat in order to get 20+ used in the entire dungeon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    so far I havent seen insane reqs

some 660, some 670, 1 or 2 I think were 685(+), but I expect it was other 685 people looking for a faceroll run

think there was 1 or 2 where I saw "link your best achi" or something .. so far no "link curve"
    665 imo should be the requirement. Its far from insane. It drops 685 with potential to drop 700. Were you trying to do heroic Foundry at lower than 660 and upset you weren't included?

660 is actually really easy to obtain now as well with a combination of timewalker dungeons, the apexis gear you can buy with gold, and the baleful peices. Just do all the bonus objectives for two days in a row and you will get a full set of 650 with a good chance of having at least one of them upgrade naturally.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because without the nerfs mythic dungeons will be ignored content just like chalenge modes.
    Challenge modes have an intense community that takes them serious and loves the competitive notions of them.
    The daily is ignored, unfortunately, for the same reason you are complaining now.

People are too unskilled to be able to play their class not only at a high level on AOE situations, but to an extent that surpasses simply DPSing.
    You have no idea how many hunters I go through weekly who have no idea what Mirrored Blades is, let alone how to use it.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What rewards do mythic dungeons give other than lackluster 685 gear? Am I missing anything by not doing them?

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    Varying ilvl groups.

My prot warr & resto shaman are around the 685 mark. My hunter is 693. I'd suggest that a group with an ilvl lower than 660 is going to find some bosses impossible, 670 will be a challenge, 680 should be ok with a few wipes & panic moments. Anything 690+ should be breezing through these.

Yalnu is the only one that actually felt badly tuned. Just too much HP on boss & some adds. 160k group dps was barely enough. We finished boss with druid tank & ret pala dead, the other hunter was deterrence tanking boss while I finished his last 2-3%. Disc priest was seriously struggling with the group-wide damage. Holy probably would have been a better fit for this fight.

I didn't experience the bug Zaxio was talking about on Grimrail 2nd boss.

Edit: Side-note, MM hunter is OP for dungeons.
    BM hunter is op for dungeons. Its all about AOE. All you need is stampede for bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What rewards do mythic dungeons give other than lackluster 685 gear? Am I missing anything by not doing them?
    They are tripling the chance Mythic Dungeon loot comes Warforged. When the gear becomes warforged it immediately goes to 705 or something crazy.
    You are missing a very solid catch up mechanic for alts especially, but also some very good peices for your main unless you are already full Mythic brf.

The gear isn't lackluster either - only the trinkets are heavily under budget. The gear and especially weapons can be BIS stats since they can roll multiple permutations, not just two set ones.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    BM hunter is op for dungeons. Its all about AOE. All you need is stampede for bosses.

- - - Updated - - -

They are tripling the chance Mythic Dungeon loot comes Warforged. When the gear becomes warforged it immediately goes to 705 or something crazy.
    You are missing a very solid catch up mechanic for alts especially, but also some very good peices for your main unless you are already full Mythic brf.

The gear isn't lackluster either - only the trinkets are heavily under budget. The gear and especially weapons can be BIS stats since they can roll multiple permutations, not just two set ones.
    I hate dungeons as a rule, if gear is the only reward then I'm better off sticking to apexis gear. Sure it can't get to 700, but it's higher than 685 by 10 item levels, plus i can just keep using baelful gear to make sure I get the right stats before upgrading them.

Don't let anyone lie to you Mythic Dungeons are pretty tough. Yes it's easier when you stroll in with 685 to 700 gear. We struggled with 650 to 665 gear group. Figuring once we get to 675 itl should be a bit easier.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because without the nerfs mythic dungeons will be ignored content just like chalenge modes.
    If you want "nerfed mythic mode", go and do regular dungeons.

Because mythic is literally the exact same thing as normal/heroic dungeons, it just has higher numbers. That's why it's called "mythic", because it's SUPPOSED TO BE harder than normal/heroic.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i did a few mythic dungeons a couple of days back, and it caught me with my pants down how hard they actually is . i tried with my undergeared rouge alt, and it didnt go that well. its supposed to be harder than heroic dungeons, so to be fair its dosent really make sense to complain about mythic dungeons being to hard, as they are supposed to be much harder. its pretty rough, but i feel like it makes it more interesting to run them because they are not a faceroll fest compared to normal/heroic, and feels rewarding to complete.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    If you want "nerfed mythic mode", go and do regular dungeons.

Because mythic is literally the exact same thing as normal/heroic dungeons, it just has higher numbers. That's why it's called "mythic", because it's SUPPOSED TO BE harder than normal/heroic.
    it doesnt matter what label you put on it - at the endof day ony thing which matters is effort to reward ratio - atm those dungeon require you to put huge amount of effort for low chance rng random rewards - compared to mage tower&apexis dailes combo which offer you +/-10k crystals a day giving you 695 upgrade every 2nd day which you can choose bis or close to bis stats on - rng is very low and only on baleful gear part - and once you get to 690 itlv from baleful/nerfed brf hc you can jump straight to normal hfc ignoring dungeons completly.

atm mythic dungeon dont cater to anyone but top 5 % liek everything in this game - which proven by blizzard lossing 1 mln subs each month is dreadful buisness plan.

for mythic dungeons in current implementation to make sense they should be droping 695-700 itlv gear as baseline then doin then would make sense - 685 makes them not worth the time invested into them.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2015-06-29 at 11:12 PM.

^ while thats true, it isnt true for everybody

for example I am saving my apexis for the 150k mount (cool flying mount + flying returns = no brainer), knowing that I will unlikely need the 695 items due to the mythic drops

and I dont plan on PuG raiding HFC at all, since raiding is kinda meh, not as fun as 5-man and the PuG Group Finder is toxic/bad and I think its even worse as a tank .. 5-man tanking PuGs >>>> raid tanking PuGs

so for someone like me the mythics truly are an alternate progression path

another option is alts of skilled players who can chain run 5-8 mythics ASAP after getting to 100 so they get full 690+ gear day 1/2 after dinging instead of waiting and grinding all that apexis (1 item per 2/3 days)

Deleted
    Only had 1 truly bad experience thus far (a hunter who wouldn't take responsibility for numerous bad pulls with barrage in Grimrail Depot). Those players annoy me particularly because I main hunter & they give hunters a bad name.

I have tanked, healed & dps'd them (all on 685+ chars) and found them to be a good challenge.

Side-note; Don't try to carry 2 dps. Did Shadowmoon Burial Grounds with a guildie group, the other 2 dps were much lower ilvl. We did it but it was a major ballache. I had to pull almost 60k dps on last boss to get the kill. If you're boosting a guildie's alt for gear, go with a strong supporting group.

Personally, from the difficultly level I'm hearing, I'd honestly of rather of just had 5-man versions of raids if I'm gonna have to put that much effort in for a super-version of a Heroic dungeon. That'd be way more appealing to me anyways.

Note: I haven't tried one of these, and the way people talk is scaring me off of it.

Anyways, the way it sounds to me, is that they're too difficult for non-raiders, and raiders will outgear them anyways. So, it sounds to me that the only thing they serve as, is a quick gear catchup for raiding alts. That's sort of disappointing. But I really don't know what you can do about that.

Though, I guess it'd be good content for guilds that are too small to raid, but if they're that, I really doubt they're going to be doing this anyways. So, I really do wonder, like others have said, ultimately, who are these things really intended for?

Would be nice, though, if they'd go back and offer incentives to continue to run heroics (Some apexis, or having them drop 675 gear on the final boss would be nice) . There's really not a lot to do that's not a pain in the ass, that involves playing unguilded. (Clearly, Mythic Dungeons are aimed at organized groups, and not strangers, or at least very skilled strangers.)
    Last edited by Otimus; 2015-06-30 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    Personally, from the difficultly level I'm hearing, I'd honestly of rather of just had 5-man versions of raids if I'm gonna have to put that much effort in for a super-version of a Heroic dungeon. That'd be way more appealing to me anyways.

Note: I haven't tried one of these, and the way people talk is scaring me off of it.

Anyways, the way it sounds to me, is that they're too difficult for non-raiders, and raiders will outgear them anyways. So, it sounds to me that the only thing they serve as, is a quick gear catchup for raiding alts. That's sort of disappointing. But I really don't know what you can do about that.

Though, I guess it'd be good content for guilds that are too small to raid, but if they're that, I really doubt they're going to be doing this anyways. So, I really do wonder, like others have said, ultimately, who are these things really intended for?

Would be nice, though, if they'd go back and offer incentives to continue to run heroics (Some apexis, or having them drop 675 gear on the final boss would be nice) . There's really not a lot to do that's not a pain in the ass, that involves playing unguilded. (Clearly, Mythic Dungeons are aimed at organized groups, and not strangers, or at least very skilled strangers.)
    Non-raiders won't have to commit themselves to a schedule and can instead look to attempt to progress on mythic dungeons if they pose enough of a challenge. As long as everyone does their role properly mythic dungeons are easy enough.

I was a bit scared when I first entered a Mythic, but after a few runs, I can say that I simply love them. And I did all of them only with PUGs.
    I actually have to talk to people now, makes the run more interactive, and it's very rewarding for those in 660-670 brackets. Started with 670 ilvlas MM hunter, but when I hit 683 after 7 runs, it has lost its challenging effect. Especially if you have in your party 3 DDs with consistent 30k+ dps, then it becomes a joke. Still there are some bosses which are tough, like Yalnu in Everbloom where we needed 170k group dps to down him. Or Ragewing in UBRS who was a challenge for a 700+ ilvl healer (had 660 tank). Overall, I'm more than happy with it, since it's a good way of gearing for someone who doesn't have time for raiding.

5-man versions of raids
    I think its literally impossible to scale existing raids to 5 man and keep all the mechanics

you will get a neutered raid with what is essentially 5-man mechanics but tuned much tighter then 5-man heroics .. which is essentially what the mythics/CMs already are

I suppose they could do that to raids somehow so 5-man groups could see the raid content/zone/lore etc. while still having a challange, but tbh thats too much work for them and you can "see" the raid in LFR anyway already

Deleted
    With Tanaan 650 blues + upgrading a few to 695 + timewalking 660s with a few 675 warforged upgrade items, all players should be able to easily achieve 665-ish ilvl without ever setting foot in a raid. That wasn't even counting 715 craftables.