Poll: Worst Xpac

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 48 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Whoops, thanks for the correction. It made you fill out whichever tree you put your first point in to, which was pretty terrible too.
    Cataclysm talent trees were the worst, compared to that I'll take the new ones anytime. A bunch of absolutely forced talents masqueraded with a convenient veil of "choices" that weren't choices at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    people always say the latest expansion.
    It's been pointed out many times in this thread that your statement there is utterly false. Please stop lying, mkay?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Voted Catacylsm.

It was a very tough call between that and WoD, but Catacylsm destroyed the original Azeroth and damaged talent trees.

2 massive blunders that I'll never concede were beneficial for the game going forward.
    If by "destroy" you mean "massively improved zones to make them interesting and give them good stories" then sure. Pre-Cata, Forsaken architecture was ransacked shacks and rotting wood, trolls and gnomes didn't have their own starting zones, quests were either kill x mobs or loot x items with barely any story attached to it. Now we've got warzones, inner conflict, fleshed out characters, in our 1-60 experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    If by "destroy" you mean "massively improved zones to make them interesting and give them good stories" then sure. Pre-Cata, Forsaken architecture was ransacked shacks and rotting wood, trolls and gnomes didn't have their own starting zones, quests were either kill x mobs or loot x items with barely any story attached to it. Now we've got warzones, inner conflict, fleshed out characters, in our 1-60 experience.
    You must play Horde. If you play Alliance all you see is destruction and loss everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Knight Reyson View Post
    Odd I didn't find any of that leveling my alliance alts. I found crappy Rambo in Redridge, an even worse story in Westfall, and a whole lot of " we got our butts kicked, oh well" in several other zones. The 1-60 leveling experience isn't any better than it was, other than it is easier and more streamlined and looks different in places. Its extremely dated now especially when you consider the order of leveling content now. Cata, Outlands, Northrend, of hey remember those Cata problems?, Pandaria, and oh look back to Outland that isn't Outland.

That doesn't even bring up how ticked you get when you realize the Horde got more Worgen content than Alliance players did.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    I'm sorry, but you are beyond medical help, my friend. But at least I can offer a mask to help cover up the damage?

EDIT: I also find much amusement when reading posts of people claiming that WoW was 'hard back then', when WoW has always been the most accessible MMORPG in the market, even in its first days.
    Its more amusing when people are comparing a game within itself and then someone tries to compare it to Everquest, which is completely beyond the point. WoW was hard back then........compared to WoW today. Hell compared to most MMOs today. Most of them copied WoW and now we have 100 joke MMOs to choose from.

Another thing to note is that Warcraft wasn't that easy compared to Everquest, I mean, it was in certain ways. Grouping and playing with people was encouraged, outside of Necros and Mages, from very early on in Everquest. So yeah, you couldn't solo level, unless you picked the right class, but at the same time you were limited to 9 abilities. My Warrior only had kick, bash, taunt and auto attack for most of his 200+ hour lifespan as actual abilities you could use in combat. Compare that to managing 3 stances, each with 8+ stance specific abilities + global abilities you could use in any stance and combat in WoW was actually harder and more in depth. You also couldn't cheese raids in WoW. I downed raids in Everquest, mostly because we had 100+ people downing a raid made for 50. In WoW you either did it properly or you didn't do it. Each had their pluses and negatives, but WoW was still pretty hard comparitively depending on exactly what you are talking about in the each game.
    Last edited by PuffyPussy22; 2015-09-16 at 09:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    people always say the latest expansion. cata was by far worse than WoD.
    Proven false so many good damn times. Stop with this shit already.

For me its WoD and Cata, while MoP may have been a Pandafest it was never lacking things to do at max lvl.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    For me its WoD and Cata, while MoP may have been a Pandafest it was never lacking things to do at max lvl.
    Agreed.

And I never get why people can't look passed the "panda" stuff in MoP. It had some of the most engaging content ever in WoW and the last patch took too long but the endgame always had something to do for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Proven false so many good damn times. Stop with this shit already.
    It was? By whom?

I agree with Lora.
    Especially the part about people always hating the current expansion.

Dunno about BC, I started in Wrath. People complained then about T9 and Ruby Sanctum being nothing but filler content, ICC being drawn out and the expansion catering to casuals way too much, it was even nicknamed "Wrath of the Casual King" (little did we know back then...).

Cata had flying everywhere, yay, but the raid content was also partially lackluster (maybe except for Firelands) and Deathwing's end a giant letdown.

I don't even wanna start with the hate wave that MoP had. Pandas, childish, Pandas, too many dailies, Pandas, the chinese style doesn't fit WoW, Pandas, Expansion is too Orc-centric with its focus on Garrosh aaaaaand... Pandas.

And now it's WoD, so no surprise that people hate it and of course it's the worst expansion ever. Until Legion comes out. It'll be less than a week in until people start complaining.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2015-09-16 at 08:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    It was? By whom?

I agree with Lora.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    This poll from Nov '13 has Cata as the worst expansion

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orst-Expansion

as does this one from April '12

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...orst-WoW-Expac

On a slightly different note this poll from March 13 has Cata as the least favourite expansion

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...raft-Expansion

So I think we can dismiss the people always vote for the current expansion as the worst argument
    I have linked that post probably every 2 or 3 pages. You can of course do what everyone has done and not read the thread (or even the last 2 god damn pages) and regurgitate this tired bullshit argument all you want, you'll be objectively wrong though.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2015-09-16 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    It was? By whom?

I agree with Lora.
    During MoP we've had plenty of polls of which expansion people find the worst and Cata always won by a landslide, all threads were posted in the past but its not worth my time looking them all up again just to prove it to one person.

EDIT: Thanks draykorinee for already posting it before me.

Yet people never listen and will always continue this nonsense...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    During MoP we've had plenty of polls of which expansion people find the worst and Cata always won by a landslide, all threads were posted in the past but its not worth my time looking them all up again just to prove it to one person.

EDIT: Thanks draykorinee for already posting it before me.

Yet people never listen and will always continue this nonsense...
    Most post it and run, not seen one actually come back and offer a rebuttal yet.

Another one.

Another one.

Another one has Cata as the least favourite.

Another, of the first 30 votes only 3 had MoP as the worst, I din't go much further because, well, its pointless, but the theme continues.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2015-09-16 at 09:32 AM.

Deleted
    You can't present logic to half of the MMO-Champion's userbase. They'll just ignore it and continue spouting their non sense to someone else.

Lol at the current is always the worst crap, I posted a number of links to old threads during MOP myself awhile back that showed Cata was still hated during MOP.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post32648928

(granted IMO WOD is the worst but not because it's current but because it sucks).

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    From best to worst:

1 - MoP
    2 - Wotlk
    3 - Cata
    4 - BC
    5 - WOD

Yea. I like Cata more than I like BC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Lol at the current is always the worst crap, I posted a number of links to old threads during MOP myself awhile back that showed Cata was still hated during MOP.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post32648928

(granted IMO WOD is the worst but not because it's current but because it sucks).
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/poll.php...do=showresults

Is this an expansion being voted the best while it's current? Madness, everyone knows current ones are always the worst.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    From best to worst:

1 - MoP
    2 - Wotlk
    3 - Cata
    4 - BC
    5 - WOD

Yea. I like Cata more than I like BC.
    That's a subjective opinion so it's fine no shame in preferring something someone else didn't.

Deleted
    332 MoP votes makes me sad. It was an amazing expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    While I've personally had quite a lot of fun so far in WoD, I've tried to answer as objectively as I can.
    Voted WoD as it has had the least amount of stuff to do outside of raiding. Garrisons and Shipyards were made far too intrinsic to the expansion - I still think they should have been handled as optional extras and not linked to things like the legendary questline.
    Reputations were also handled pretty poorly up until 6.2
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

I had a lot of fun in panda land expansion,

1. BC - First expac. I did any real raiding in. Also was in a great guild that enhance the experience.
    2. MOP - First expac. I did serious raiding in. ^^ same as noted above
    3. Wotlk - This would've been higher, but I was guild hopping so much. Found a home towards the end. The content of this expansion was great though.
    4. Cata - The content in this expansion didn't bother me, but it was very Meh......, but had fun anyhow due to the guild i was in.
    5. Vanilla - Too slow for me at the time, I played till 60 but I was young and had a short attention span, also I was not in a single good guild the entire expac.
    6. Go fuck your self WOD. << well yea, my guild from the previous expac. exploded due to stupid decisions and also this expansion did too many things wrong.

The people you play with will have as much an impact on your experience as the content does. Sometimes one or the other will carry you through or sometimes neither will. Sucks when that happens.
    Last edited by Bigvizz; 2015-09-16 at 01:40 PM.