Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    We got it down with 14 players ilvl 691.
    just stop aoe'ing and single target dps. We had 1 melee dps targeting the fellcaster and me the tank mark up the big boys. And I shouted on vent what to dps

- - - Updated - - -

Did take us 3 hours to get it down
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by Chrno View Post
    We got it down with 14 players ilvl 691.
    just stop aoe'ing and single target dps. We had 1 melee dps targeting the fellcaster and me the tank mark up the big boys. And I shouted on vent what to dps

- - - Updated - - -

Did take us 3 hours to get it down
    We only finally got it after we got over the whole "Don't AoE Ever" thing. We weren't doing enough DPS to keep up with the stuff that spawned that way, and eventually just the regular felcasters and berserkers were overwhelming us, even without morphing the casters into terrors. Letting people AOE and trusting people to target switch correctly won us the fight, because it works out to so much more DPS overall.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demeia View Post
    In a week, there's been about 1000 new guilds kill it. Five thousand guilds is roughly equivalent to the number of guilds who did a few mythics... Clearly, despite whatever assurances we may or may not have otherwise, they intend ups to grind normal for extremely minor upgrades before doing assault heroic. It's a great way to make attendance worse, thanks blizzard. :P
    If you consider hfc set-boni and trinkets "small upgrades" that in itself already shows that you are rather poorly informed and I'd say a certain degree of independent research (regarding your class/gearing) can very well be expected of guilds/players who intend to do heroics. Just so you know, for most classes, certain normal mode trinkets are better than wf brf mythic trinkets and the same can be said about set boni. I assure you, with a raid half-geared with normal hfc loot, you'd destroy hellfire assault like the ridiculously easy trash mob pull it is.

Also, the assumption normal brf -> normal hfc, hc brf -> hc hfc, mythic brf -> mythic hfc is just totally wrong. Multiple developer interviews since WoD launch already explained how the "model" works. It's 1st tier normal -> 1st tier hc -> 2nd tier normal -> 2nd tier hc.

mythic is considered somewhat out of the scope. the first mythic bosses are tuned for heroic gear and raids that cleared the previous tier's mythic mode are expected to be able to have close to none difficulties clearing the new tier's heroic mode.

from what I can see, the tuning is pretty much in line with exactly that. we killed archimonde heroic in like 4-5 pulls with full brf mythic gear + hfc loot (~avg 704) and the tuning for that ilvl was pretty solid. from my experience, I'd say the first bosses are tuned around ~695, upper citadel bosses ~700 and archimonde ~705. consequently, 690 for hellfire assault is not a problem at all as long as the execution is "above average".

I can certainly see how Assault would be terrible with low-cleave compositions; generally the easiest way to do it is leave your melee in the big clump to cleave all the things at all the times, just changing who they cleave off as required; Metamorphosis > Hulks > Felcasters > Dragoons, whilst ranged handle the siege engines when up and just follow the cleave order the rest of the time.

The major thing is having sufficient cleave to allow you to basically ignore the Felcasters and Dragoons the majority of the time, and actually target switching to what needs to die at the time. If you have a balanced group of DPS between Ranged and Melee you shouldn't need to have the melee be moving around at all to assist with the Siege Engines, and that helps a lot with having the adds dropping consistently.

Roll Healing CDs if a few Casters metamorphosis at once, and use Pots towards the end if you start to accumulate too many adds.