Thoughts about Enhanced Baleful items.

I was upgrading a couple 685 ilvl pieces when I actually received a single stat belt (201 haste at ilvl 650), would getting single stat crit items be really competitive for Heroic equivalent raid gear?

I looked everywhere trying to work out the math of how many stats you get per 1 ilvl (to calculate the stats it would have at ilvl 695) but Google can't find any information. Even Wowhead doesn't say anything about it procing a single stat.....

Really interested in any information, strongly considering spamming some Baleful gear if it is competitive when singling out crit stat.

Thoughts guys?

If you manage to get it to roll that way, yes it would be fantastic. I'd imagine it'd be worth a few ilvls downgrade, 10-15 maybe. Much more than that and the Int would outweigh it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestar View Post
    If you manage to get it to roll that way, yes it would be fantastic. I'd imagine it'd be worth a few ilvls downgrade, 10-15 maybe. Much more than that and the Int would outweigh it.
    The thing is I need numbers, I don't like guessing, no point spending tons of Apex on a guess.

Well, you've got a few choices, first is grabbing stat weights and doing simple math, crit = x. 170 crit is worth y. do the same for int/haste/multi/mastery/vers and add it up, whichever item totals higher will be better. Ofc this isn't perfectly accurate so if you want better than that, you'll need to actually sim the gear.

What I like is that the stat weights are determined at 650 blue, so you can be picky where you spend your crystals.

Well, you've got a few choices, first is grabbing stat weights and doing simple math, crit = x. 170 crit is worth y. do the same for int/haste/multi/mastery/vers and add it up, whichever item totals higher will be better. Ofc this isn't perfectly accurate so if you want better than that, you'll need to actually sim the gear.
    I want to know how much stat x increases per ilvl increase though, I know the stat weights

Realize that most stat weights are exponential.
    For example, the top stat is usually about 2x better than the next stat;
    Crit - 2.1
    Mastery - 1.3

So if you get 100 Crit and 100 Mastery
    Crit 100 x 2.1 = 210
    Mastery 100 x 1.3 = 130
    Total = 340

But if you just got 200 Crit
    200 x 2.1 = 420
    Total = 420

See? The stats would pretty much have to be identical in weight for it to NOT be this way, but this is typically how it breaks down.
    If you can get a single stat (provided these work like the garrison - simply the entire weight on one stat - not like the Timeless peices - 75 percent of the weight as a penalty)
    Then it will always be better.
    You can do the math yourself.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Grath View Post
    I want to know how much stat x increases per ilvl increase though, I know the stat weights
    If the wowhead tooltips are accurate and its not gimped (the 75% value that Noobist mentioned). This is what I would expect from a single stat belt. (other slots will vary)

Int : Secondary
    650 = 151:191
    675 = 190:241
    695 = 230:291

If the wowhead tooltips are accurate and its not gimped (the 75% value that Noobist mentioned). This is what I would expect from a single stat belt. (other slots will vary)

Int : Secondary
    650 = 151:191
    675 = 190:241
    695 = 230:291
    Yeah. You did the same thing I did (adding the 2 figures together to determine a single stat) but my 650 belt has 201 haste and wowhead suggests 191, I think I might just waste 20k apex for research purposes.