Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

6.2 a bit anticlimactic and... well... crap?

I have to admit, as a returning player I expected more... its very lackluster, more grind, more garrison like boredom and poor implementation of Mythic Dungeons, my wife was looking forward to trying Mythic Dungeons out but she hasn't played since Highmaul. She has around 668 item level roughly (which is fine for Mythic Dungeons) and her main reason for renewing was the Mythic Dungeons/Timewalker and the Shipyard (which she loves I might add!), sadly she found nothing but negativity and childish behaviour from the 'premade' finder.

I'm quite disappointed personally, I was flabbergasted when my wife told me of her morning experience with the premade finder, curious about what my wife had told me I renewed my account some minutes later so I could poke around the new patch myself. I took my alt (who is ilvl 672) and started to look for a premade group, I got an invite immediately and the group demanded I link the achievement for the mythic dungeon along with my ilvl and spec, didn't have the achievement so I was kicked from the group, not before one of them called me a 'Fucking scrub' though.

Looking at this now, Blizzard should have just made it part of the random group finder and stuck a 660+ item level requirement on it for queueing because its clearly just promoting negative arseholes.

Thoughts about the system so far?

Deleted
    I don't understand how your subject title and your post match?

So ignoring the subject title, and trying to answer your post.

The solution to your problem is simple, make your own group, make it ilvl 660 and invite whomever responds.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    6.2 feels like Blizz has just gone ahead and thrown in the towel on WoD. They gave us the raid and the zone we were promised, threw in shipyards to claim that they added some new feature in the final patch, and then tossed it out there too early (holy bugs batman) to try and combat Heavensward.

For their sake they'd better show up to Blizzcon with something exciting or WoW is truly doomed.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Welcome to the meritocracy of blizzards great group finder.

Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    I don't understand how your subject title and your post match?

So ignoring the subject title, and trying to answer your post.

The solution to your problem is simple, make your own group, make it ilvl 660 and invite whomever responds.
    Well, the title is directed at the patch in general, the Mythic Dungeon thing was just a little rant I got into the make your own group thing is indeed an option but you're missing the point a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I have to agree with the above poster. Your experience has nothing to do with the content quality of the patch and everything to do with the toxic behavior of a few morons.

So far this patch has been extremely fun and I haven't even done the new raid yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Welcome to the meritocracy of blizzards great group finder.
    How is it mediocre? It does exactly what it claims it does, help people find groups cross realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    How is it mediocre? It does exactly what it claims it does, help people find groups cross realm.
    You are completely right.

Mythic Dungeons being like that has nothing to do with Blizzard and just how bad the gaming community has gotten. It isn't just WoW. And it isn't just Blizzard games.

They have also stated plenty that 6.2 may not be the final patch. I assume it depends on how far along with the expansion they are. The Climax for the patch and this whole expansion is in the raid. And you've yet to experience it so you cannot possibly claim the expansion is anti-climatic.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eon Drache View Post
    Mythic Dungeons being like that has nothing to do with Blizzard and just how bad the gaming community has gotten. It isn't just WoW. And it isn't just Blizzard games.

They have also stated plenty that 6.2 may not be the final patch. I assume it depends on how far along with the expansion they are. The Climax for the patch and this whole expansion is in the raid. And you've yet to experience it so you cannot possibly claim the expansion is anti-climatic.
    You mean the climax that has been leaked for over 24 hours that you can find linked to multiple times in these very forums?

Yeah, it's anti-climactic.
    disco inferno

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly..the people in the game now are rude,and just plain bad..they need to take out the kick system completely cause its being abused like hell to the point people cannot play learn raids..etc...

Yeah I have to agree with the above poster. Your experience has nothing to do with the content quality of the patch and everything to do with the toxic behavior of a few morons.
    Yup nothing to do with content, you are only not enjoying this expansion because of "toxic behavior". lol what will you apologist come up with next?

Something in wow is lackluster? Who could have forseen this shocking turn of events

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    You are completely right.
    Still didn't answer the question. Why is the premade group finder tool "mediocre"?

Still didn't answer the question. Why is the premade group finder tool "mediocre"?
    It is mediocre in the same way Invincible is not invisible.

Deleted
    No, it is great. Good that everyone is able to find their group no matter what ilevel he has.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am sure in a month or so MMO-C can provide a graph to show how many people out of 3.1 million accounts bothered to put groups together to do Mystic level dungeons. I would go so far as to say about as many people that actually raid above the LFR. This is the crowd those dungeons are focused to anyway. Blizzard is under some impression that those that did not bother to queue for these dungeons in heroic form are somehow going to want to do them now for higher ilvl gear. If they did not waste the time to do the PG to get into heroics, then they won't be trying to do them to do Mystics that they have to put groups together for.

OP, its always great when people want an achievement for content that has only been available for a few hours, it shows exactly the mind set of people playing this game and many wonder why people don't want to do group content or raid in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    I found it really boring, seemed like nothing was there to excite or entertain anyone and merely to tick boxes and fill space.

On the mythic dungeons, the excessive requirements are a necessary evil. Nobody wants to spend 20-40 minutes travelling, summoning, clearing trash and easy bosses only to realise a group member is holding them back from clearing the dungeon which is the sole purpose of the run. Even if the chance is low of you or your wife falling into that bracket why would they risk it when the chance could be lower with somebody else?
    On labelling them "negative arseholes", try to understand why they are that way. Generally it's from a long history and experience of people being unable to complete the basic requirements of the run, gear and achievements are not inherently important but they are the only prior measurement available of a players dedication and potential ability. If you don't like those kind of people you're free to run your own groups with your own standards, it's entitlement to otherwise expect others to host the pressure and challenges of a group leader and to accept your character for being "good enough" when there are better available. Your attitude of suggesting the solution to not liking other peoples premades being a finder which forces you into their group and protects you from being removed from it doesn't speak well of you.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It mediocre, because it really has not checks and balances for the idiots that think they are some kind of god or something. Like the LFR and the LFD before it, Blizzard just provides little to no actual structure to the feature, which allows them to end up being the the toxic toilets they should of never got to be in the first place. It pretty obvious Blizzard does not give two shakes or they would not continue to make more feature in the game where people can be judge, jury, and executioner all in one instance. We have enough things for people to get there god complex on, we don't need more.

The sight of another mission table makes me want to do bad things.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think folks are trying too hard to find a circlejerk here. With the right perspective, we can argue that all the final cinematics were of poor quality. This expansion has been as great and flawed as all that have come before it.