Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think this is tragic. Doubly so, because it affects people who play games on Apple products. These people have already demonstrated a lack of ability to think critically, and this revisionist nonsense only serves to broaden the gap.

This is silly. Games and movies aren't even the places to learn history, so it all seems pointless to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    That pretty much defines the "liberal" and "tolerant" left-wing ideology: ban everything and everyone you don't like, including historical and scientific facts.

(Although such brainfarts aren't exclusively restricted to the political left, that's where the vast majority of them comes from.)
    This is rich, considering conservative school boards across the nation keep trying to block evolution and climate change from being taught in schools.

And then you have the shit in Colorado and Texas where they're trying to downplay inconvenient parts of our history. There's also a group of Tea Partiers in Tennessee who apparently don't know that founding fathers owned slaves, and want the state to teach that ignorance in schools.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

The objective is as any other white washing, to bury shame. This is fraud and allows history to repeat because you can't learn from mistakes. It also robs victims of their triumph over adversity. I guess black history month will clarify things.
    Last edited by dextersmith; 2015-06-25 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaganfindel View Post
    I think this is tragic. Doubly so, because it affects people who play games on Apple products. These people have already demonstrated a lack of ability to think critically, and this revisionist nonsense only serves to broaden the gap.
    Buying Apple products demonstrates a lack of critical thinking skills?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Buying Apple products demonstrates a lack of critical thinking skills?
    Not even worth engaging on. Just more of "stop liking what I don't like."
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwiez View Post
    In WWII games, it's not unusual for game designers to use an iron cross instead of the swastika flag. So what if a game designer decides to use a different flag than the klan flag in a civil war game? Using the same flag for every battle would be historically inaccurate anyways, the confederacy changed their flag a lot, and different regiments had their own flags as well. I'm tired of specious arguments to justify honoring a heritage of atrocity.
    This particular game was so painstakingly authentic that teachers would use it as a way to visualize history. They refused to change their game, and I commend them for doing so. The overreaction to this whole Confederate flag thing has been remarkable. It clearly shouldn't be on a government building, but do we erase it from existence now? I'm uncomfortable with just how far this is going.