Deleted

How do i tank mythic dungeons as a monk?

I have a 650 ilvl monk and a 645 ilvl warrior. Both are tanks and they have around the same quality of gear.

My warrior steamroll tanks all bosses in mythic, but the first boss in Auchindon basicly 2 shots my monk. I just cant think of anything i can do that i'm not doing and i stil lget absolutely pummeled by that boss.

I start out with fort brew and guard up. Guard + 10% hp is gone in 1 hit. Second guard is gone next hit. After that i survive a few seconds on Fort brew but even that is jsut not enough to keep me going.

Deleted
    645 as well as 650 is quite low for mythics. I'm surprised you're actually doing those with your warrior, so I guess grats are in order for the healers that joined your group. I wouldn't advise anyone to tank mythics without at the very least 660. Preferably 675 and you'll still take some spiky damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable man View Post
    645 as well as 650 is quite low for mythics. I'm surprised you're actually doing those with your warrior, so I guess grats are in order for the healers that joined your group. I wouldn't advise anyone to tank mythics without at the very least 660. Preferably 675 and you'll still take some spiky damage.
    Havent been a bit problem so far on my warrior. Granted that i'm only going in premade groups

than props to the healer, prolly broke the keyboard keeping you up

well monks scale with gear like no other tank in the game, so just get some purples and you should be good

Healing elixers is very good in mythic dungeons, i think maybe 3times i swapped for diffuse magic on boss fights also i ran with serenity for free guards, bok and purifies. Even though it was shortened its still free chi. Also your ilvl is low for mythic dungeons, 660 is the recommended ilvl, id personally say run H-HM once to boost your ilvl then try again.
    Last edited by reapers101; 2015-06-30 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted
    That's just not how you play a monk. Monk gameplay changed quite a bit since the stagger nerf, you have to manage your guards charge and healing a lot, you can't just get carried by staggers

Using Fort Brew at pull is a waste, there is often not much going on at pull, it's a huge cd (around 50% physical damage reduction and a hp buff), you have to keep it for critical situations

Your guard charges are also precious, use them preferably when you're under 35% to benefit from the heal boost on expel harm, also never use them with a low resolve/without resolve, it's a waste.

I've been able to tank Auchindoun, Iron Docks and Skyreach on my 655-661 monk, didn't get any issue (the healer even died on the first and last boss of iron docks and i could keep myself up just fine)

Also you can use armor potions, they're really cheap and have a really high uptime on short fights, for a fair boost

-Use guard with good amount of resolve.
    -Consider to use the glyph of breath of fire to stop incoming dmg and mass interrupt
    -Smart use of leg sweep
    -Armor potion and hanz&franz trinket
    -Abuse the ox statue and touch of death (kill the most threatening enemy)
    -In case of emergency situation, consider kiting mobs with Dizzying Haze and roll/Transcendence to buy time on your guard/expel harm CD.
    -GG

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    I have a 650 ilvl monk and a 645 ilvl warrior. Both are tanks and they have around the same quality of gear.

My warrior steamroll tanks all bosses in mythic, but the first boss in Auchindon basicly 2 shots my monk. I just cant think of anything i can do that i'm not doing and i stil lget absolutely pummeled by that boss.

I start out with fort brew and guard up. Guard + 10% hp is gone in 1 hit. Second guard is gone next hit. After that i survive a few seconds on Fort brew but even that is jsut not enough to keep me going.
    6.2 changed a lot about our play style.
    - Get a resolve meter and use guard with high resolve I get 500k+ guards with high resolve in mythics.
    - Purify when stagger is yellow now
    - Guard and Expel Harm are now where your play style revolves.
    - Healing Elixirs is a very very strong talent choice also if you're not using it.
    - Also start with Expel harm before you pull for the Chi - popping Fort Brew off the pull is a waste and really shouldn't be needed.

Self healing is pretty crazy at the moment, I'm at 677 ilvl now I started at 655 and I'm doing around 30k hps on a lot of pulls.