Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    You essentially have infinite energy in any meaningful AoE situation with assassination, it simply just doesn't have the tools to do AoE. The Crimson Tempest perk was clearly meant to be some kind of solution for this but it's lacking in both duration and modifier.
    I fully agree with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zuliane View Post
    Some of your suggestions won't even "fix" Sin AoE. The problem is, even with infinite energy FoK and the poisons that proc with it, just don't do any damage that would be considered as decent AoE damage. If you buff poisons, you would need to tone down the specials again, which they just buffed. So I agree with your sentiment, that the buff went into the false direction. A Poison Bomb would be kind of interesting and also something, that could be included into other rogue specs. Using poison vials to do certain things to your enemies. CT proccing Venomous Wounds would be a solution without generating energy of course. Though I think Blizzard is fairly happy with the current niche of Sin, placing it in the top third of ST damage and making it probably the worst AoE spec there is. Nothing else would make sense taking into account the buffs the spec just received.
    I agree with you : more tools are required to get a decent AOE but HC is full of mix fights with ST/AOE phase alternance. My post was not an attempt to fix the Assassination AOE but just to show that possibilities to improve things are numerous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isotopes View Post
    How about the Rogue community dosnt run about posting shit like this that encourages nerfs? Seriously its like you want it to happen. We have had a desperately mediocre time until now this expansion, isn't it our time to shine?

I think a very important fact to take into account about Rogue's is that we have been screwed with so much that only the very hardcore of the hardcore are left playing the class and as such our minimum parses are going to be consistently higher than the average class because all the baddies re-rolled to flavor of the month long ago. You have to be pretty dedicated to still be playing this class at this point.
    I completely concur !

I'm still fucking crying over CoS - blizz cunts.

Deleted
    As being one of the classes lower down in the pack I don't expect any nerfs honestly. You should be taking simcraft results with a pinch of salt.

Deleted
    Being honest, without any new tier or arch trinkets I have been destroying our assassination rogue on every fight as sub, I understand that the Arch trinket is amazingly strong for assassination but in the sim thread isn't sub only JUST behind assass? Taking that into account and the fact that sub has more AoE potential in a lot of scenarios (cleave may be possible but in our kills adds have dies so fast a rupture isn't worth it) than assass they can't justify nerfing assass or if they do people will just switch to sub?

I also feel that the logs may be slightly misleading as everyone seems to have switched to assass thinking it will be better than sub in most scenarios and thus less of the top rogues are going to be aiming for high sub logs.

I'm still fucking crying over CoS - blizz cunts.
    +1

Please don't make me play sub again Blizz. rofl

Quote Originally Posted by Sprizzmode View Post
    Being honest, without any new tier or arch trinkets I have been destroying our assassination rogue on every fight as sub, I understand that the Arch trinket is amazingly strong for assassination but in the sim thread isn't sub only JUST behind assass? Taking that into account and the fact that sub has more AoE potential in a lot of scenarios (cleave may be possible but in our kills adds have dies so fast a rupture isn't worth it) than assass they can't justify nerfing assass or if they do people will just switch to sub?

I also feel that the logs may be slightly misleading as everyone seems to have switched to assass thinking it will be better than sub in most scenarios and thus less of the top rogues are going to be aiming for high sub logs.

+1
    YOUR Assassination rogue is probably garbage if you're destroying him, but it's not like I have any logs to refer to in order to determine this. I just got the US 1st heroic Archimonde kill as Assassination with the normal Archimonde trinket and literally no other pieces of HFC gear, and I can confidently say that Subtlety wouldn't really be able to even come close (on that fight in particular). Most of HFC is sort of similar to Archimonde as far as I can tell, because several fights have adds prioritized over the boss, and Subtlety doesn't offer nearly as much of the necessary flexibility that Assassination does (so it doesn't really matter how Subtlety sims if the fights aren't patchwerk).

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Combat atm is out of the charts. When leg ring+bf+mirror of the blademaster+soul capacitor (trinkets) gl to anyone who tries to be over u in cleaves/aoe.

As for single target ill stay sub. It still doing very high. At least im doing aproxx 65-70k dps with 706 ilvl
    Assassination is the go to single target spec for 6.2 once you get the four set and trinket. The new buffs to combats mastery and the trinket for sass make mastery exceptional.

Deleted
    YOUR Assassination rogue is probably garbage if you're destroying him, but it's not like I have any logs to refer to in order to determine this. I just got the US 1st heroic Archimonde kill as Assassination with the normal Archimonde trinket and literally no other pieces of HFC gear, and I can confidently say that Subtlety wouldn't really be able to even come close (on that fight in particular). Most of HFC is sort of similar to Archimonde as far as I can tell, because several fights have adds prioritized over the boss, and Subtlety doesn't offer nearly as much of the necessary flexibility that Assassination does (so it doesn't really matter how Subtlety sims if the fights aren't patchwerk).
    I find it'll depend, my argument was more for the sake of - if the nerf assass it won't matter too much as sub will still be strong and capable of pulling off very similar numbers, and I found outgearing HC meant every add that spawned died so quickly assass cleave wasn't much of a benefit (haven't killed archimonde of course).

The same thing happened in MoP. Rogues were terrible in 5.0-5.2, then at 5.2 they were great.

I still enjoyed playing my rogue, but I was doing out world stuff only.

I haven't played rogue at any relevant level this expansion, but multidotting rupture, keeping up tempest dot and depending on number of targets spamming tempest or evis works. Assa is the middleground spec. And I like it for comfort. The new talent DoA should help a lot here...
    Last edited by Raqubor; 2015-06-30 at 12:41 PM.

They just buffed the Arch trinket for Sub and Combat. I made a separate thread.