Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Err, is disguise a criminal act these days? Kinda bullshit IMO, even though I despise burqas and other religious bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pie Eater View Post
    Have you read the planned frost mage "nerfs" ?!? It's like nerfing a hangman's rope by coloring it blue.
    Mr. Smith about the cost of Triple-spec
    3k gold right off the bat, about 5 silver a week later.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If you made it a law you know who it will affect? Not the criminals that's for sure, just the people following their beliefs.
    Yes, but it may help the ever increasing population of immigrants to assimilate in Europe. The easy road for assimilation is not one where you try to force others to accept your immigration customs, but one where you adjust to customs of the country you immigrate to.

Burka vs hijab for example. Hijab is nice compromise, it may not be advantageous to wear it in every employee position, but it's something that most Europeans can accept. Burkas on the other hand are simply a no go. Part of human communication is expression of their face, if you choose to conceal it ... that's a pure loss. You choose not to fit into the society and being an immigrant, you should make an effort.

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Yes, but it may help the ever increasing population of immigrants to assimilate in Europe.
    At least your honest, the problem is law makers can't say this. They have to say it's "for security.."

I'm kinda interested to see how this ban will affect cosplay conventions...............

In fact there are a shitload of things that it will affect.

Either this law is going to be poorly written and have a whole boatload of unintended consequences or it's going to have to explicitly state - "we don't trust Muslims".

Because it has nothing to do with people hiding their faces.

It has everything to do with Muslims hiding their faces.

Quote Originally Posted by klogaroth View Post
    poorly written and have a whole boatload of unintended consequences
    Because it has nothing to do with people hiding their faces.
    It has everything to do with Muslims hiding their faces.
    It's a mockup of the French one, so it'll likely have plenty of exemptions.
    Those 100 to 400 Muslim women in the Netherlands that are subjugated into dehumanizing themselves might get upset, or might finally start to be actual citizens with whom to interact with. Otherwise, they'll eventually fade into irrelevancy as they embrace the open-minded society that hosts them.