Thread: Prot Trinkets?

Prot Trinkets?

some of the trinkets in HFC seem pretty unique.

how good or bad are the unique ones like Tyrant's Decree

Anzu's + Warlord's eye is what you want.
    sure these are best in slot. but when progressing and a trinket drops. what are upgrades and which are garbage?

Quote Originally Posted by efowler4 View Post
    sure these are best in slot. but when progressing and a trinket drops. what are upgrades and which are garbage?
    Class trinket is sketchy, so not worth over other token users, tyrants is shit, and only other option left is the static stam one, which is more up to the person.
    So yea... you basically only want those 2 (imo)

Tyrant's Decree
    Item Level 700
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +397 Bonus Armor
    Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Monk, Druid
    Equip: You gain 48 Stamina per second, stacking up to 30 times. If you fall below 60% health, this effect is lost.

Anzu's Cursed Plume
    Item Level 695
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +379 Bonus Armor
    Classes: Warrior, Paladin, Death Knight, Monk, Druid
    Equip: Your attacks have a chance to grant 1390 Mastery for 10 sec. (Approximately 3.00 procs per minute)

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe warlords

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think I like tyrant though, only good if it stacks quickly.. But could drop you down quickly

Just looking for some opinions, but Right now I have:

Warlord's Eye (Heroic - 710)
    Blast Furnace Door(Mythic - 700)
    Turnbuckle (Mythic WF - 706)
    Imbued Stone Sigil (Heroic - 705)
    Battering Talisman (Heroic - 685) - This was what I was keeping around if i wanted to stack more Stamina, but I think Sigil may take that slot.

I'm thinking I should be using Blast Furnace Door and Warlord's eye? If I ever wanted to use EmpS though, My Haste would be through the roof, so I'd probably use BFD and Stone Sigil in that situation.
    Tank Extraordinaire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quietmode View Post
    I'm thinking I should be using Blast Furnace Door and Warlord's eye?
    Yes, until you get Anzu's. Tablet can also be nice if you need the active for something specific, I'd swap between it and BFD depending on the fight personally, but I've yet to test Warlod's or Anzu's.

Is Warlords eye any good for any other tank besides Pala's? Just wondering since my Co tanks are druid and a warrior.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopjesvla View Post
    Is Warlords eye any good for any other tank besides Pala's? Just wondering since my Co tanks are druid and a warrior.
    It's good for BrM with 4pc and good for everyone on Tyrant Velhari, but other than that haste is relatively lacklustre for most other classes.

Wow if you have Tyrants and the class trinket you would be avoiding loosing your stacks of stamina with the heal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Wow if you have Tyrants and the class trinket you would be avoiding loosing your stacks of stamina with the heal.
    In an ideal scenario, yes. In reality, no.

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    In an ideal scenario, yes. In reality, no.
    Yeah you're right, the normal class trinket heals you at 60.3% health or some such thing. In reality it would be a burst hit that would take you either much higher than that number or much lower. However, The mythic and heroic version of class trinket procs at like 69.4 and 80 percent, it might work with that.
    Last edited by Seani; 2015-06-29 at 06:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    Yeah you're right, the normal class trinket heals you at 60.3% health or some such thing. In reality it would be a burst hit that would take you either much higher than that number or much lower. However, The mythic and heroic version of class trinket procs at like 69.4 and 80 percent, it might work with that.
    but as a result they proc more frequently and you could end up being on ICD at a crucial point when you need it to save your Tyrant's buff. Tyrant's just feels meh in general for that sort of reason, "you've just been smashed by a truck, also that truck has nerfed you for the next 30s or so".

Going from BRF Mythic to HFC Heroic, I was asking the question: which trinkets are the best for me? Not being able to find satisfactory answers I ran some sims on what was on offer and what I have.

These sims were run with a HFC Heroic BiS gear set and Anzu's Cursed Plume (which I think we can all agree is the best trinket for us in HFC). Standard talent selection was also Holy Shield and Divine Purpose.

Here are the results for second trinket options, sorted by TMI (lowest first because obviously lower TMI = smoother damage intake):

Code:
    Trinket                 TMI     DPS
    Warlord's Unseeing Eye  82.3k   34117
    Imbued Stone Sigil      96k     34164
    Mythic BT               96.2k   32596
    Mythic BFD              97.3k   35601
    Rumbling Pebble         98.2k   35224
    Mythic Tablet           98.8k   35361
    Tyrant's Decree         99.3k   34005
    Discordant Chorus       101k    37159
    Libram                  104.3k  32106
    Based on this, it seems we can conclude the following:

1. Anzu's Cursed Plume + Warlord's Unseeing Eye is the best combo for pure smoothness.

2. The Archimonde class trinket is garbage. It seems strange that a class-specific tank trinket could be so bad compared to everything else in the raid, especially since the tank trinket drops off the last boss. I guess the trinket is, by its nature, prone to spikiness (with no passive DR and a sudden heal). I guess it could redeem itself if that spiky heal reliably saves you from death, but for the most part I don't see any reason to prioritise it as a prot paladin.

3. Imbued Stone Sigil, Mythic BFD, Rumbling Pebble, Mythic Tablet, and Tyrant's Decree all sim pretty close to each other, and all seem decent options.

4. All of this, of course, must be interpreted as guidelines only, considering the limitations of simulations in general.
    Last edited by Unspeakable Elvis; 2015-06-30 at 03:53 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Elvis View Post
    Going from BRF Mythic to HFC Heroic, I was asking the question: which trinkets are the best for me? Not being able to find satisfactory answers I ran some sims on what was on offer and what I have.

These sims were run with a HFC Heroic BiS gear set and Anzu's Cursed Plume (which I think we can all agree is the best trinket for us in HFC). Standard talent selection was also Holy Shield and Divine Purpose.

Here are the results for second trinket options, sorted by TMI (lowest first because obviously lower TMI = smoother damage intake):

Code:
    Trinket                 TMI     DPS
    Warlord's Unseeing Eye  82.3k   34117
    Imbued Stone Sigil      96k     34164
    Mythic BT               96.2k   32596
    Mythic BFD              97.3k   35601
    Rumbling Pebble         98.2k   35224
    Mythic Tablet           98.8k   35361
    Tyrant's Decree         99.3k   34005
    Discordant Chorus       101k    37159
    Libram                  104.3k  32106
    Based on this, it seems we can conclude the following:

1. Anzu's Cursed Plume + Warlord's Unseeing Eye is the best combo for pure smoothness.

2. The Archimonde class trinket is garbage.

3. Imbued Stone Sigil, Mythic BFD, Rumbling Pebble, Mythic Tablet, and Tyrant's Decree all sim pretty close to each other, and all seem decent options.

4. All of these must be interpreted as guidelines only, considering the limitations of simulations in general.
    Your sims are problematic for a number of reasons, even if they are not completely misleading.

1. SimC underestimates boss damage by roughly a factor of 400%. How this skews results, I cannot say for certain, but I can say with absolute confidence that sims done with the current SimC module have absolutely no bearing on reality.

2. Libram is undervalued (not that I disagree that it's fundamentally a shit trinket) because it triggers no combat log events. Your LoV sim is effectively only wearing one trinket. LoV unquestionably does more DPS than any other trinket in a situation where it is triggering every time it comes off ICD, but given that the trinket is utterly and hopelessly bugged, sims including it will not reflect any of its intended behaviour accurately.

3. Sims, as always, massively overvalue stamina (and thus Decree and Sigil) relative to its actual worth in real-world scenarios. While the trinkets are by no means bad, they are only good in the case where they are actually giving you survival-relevant HP - e.g increasing your "death to unmitigated AAs" threshold from 2 to 3 on a boss like Blackhand. I am also uncertain as to whether Tyrant's Decree can even be simmed properly with the current TMI module due to the way it handles health.

I am generally extremely loathe to give any sort of import to stack rankings based on the hopelessly outdated concept of a "TMI standard boss". Until the issues with SimC and TMI simulations have been fixed, SimC data is bad data.
    Last edited by mmoc312bb4353b; 2015-06-30 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Using latin abbreviations wrong WutFace

Quote Originally Posted by PraisetheSun View Post
    Your sims are problematic for a number of reasons, even if they are not completely misleading.

1. SimC underestimates boss damage by roughly a factor of 400%. How this skews results, I cannot say for certain, but I can say with absolute confidence that sims done with the current SimC module have absolutely no bearing on reality.

2. Libram is undervalued (not that I disagree that it's fundamentally a shit trinket) because it triggers no combat log events. Your LoV sim is effectively only wearing one trinket. LoV unquestionably does more DPS than any other trinket in a situation where it is triggering every time it comes off ICD, but given that the trinket is utterly and hopelessly bugged, sims including it will not reflect any of its intended behaviour accurately.

3. Sims, as always, massively overvalue stamina (and thus Decree and Sigil) relative to its actual worth in real-world scenarios. While the trinkets are by no means bad, they are only good in the case where they are actually giving you survival-relevant HP - i.e increasing your "death to unmitigated AAs" threshold from 2 to 3 on a boss like Blackhand. I am also uncertain as to whether Tyrant's Decree can even be simmed properly with the current TMI module due to the way it handles health.

I am generally extremely loathe to give any sort of import to stack rankings based on the hopelessly outdated concept of a "TMI standard boss". Until the issues with SimC and TMI simulations have been fixed, SimC data is bad data.
    1. Of course I'm aware that sim results aren't The Bible (see my post conclusion #4 )

2. I personally think stamina is great, particularly because those unmitigated auto-attacks are exactly when you are most in danger of dying (if you're dying to a special attack or a spell then you're tanking wrong). Also I'm not sure how boss damage underestimation is relevant, as long as it's a factor that remains constant in testing.

3. I'm definitely not up to date with the accuracy of SimC's insides, so perhaps the jury is still out on much of this data.

4. Amidst a dearth of input from theorycrafters, I decided to trailblaze some kind of priority for myself for trinkets, flawed as it may be. And I thought I'd share with other interested paladins who have the same questions in mind, until more informed parties answer them definitively
    Last edited by Unspeakable Elvis; 2015-07-01 at 06:14 AM.