Log analysis H HFC help

Player in my raid group.

Character: us.battle(.)net/wow/en/character/bleeding-hollow/Draconolis/simple
    Logs: warcraftlogs(.)com/reports/z1qxJkYGDmPHFnbN#fight=1
    warcraftlogs(.)com/reports/BPgyWMfQ3KFzbkJC#fight=1

is there anything he's doing wrong? What can he improve on. We're working on getting him more gear/better itemized but it's a slow process.
    Last edited by mahesvara; 2015-06-26 at 06:51 PM.

He was Sub on some pretty cleave-friendly fights (everything except Iron Reaver), but he seems to have gone Assassination anyways, so I'll just touch on Sub.
    Rupture uptime is low, should be as close to 100% as humanly possible.
    Hemorrhage needs to be avoided as much as possible, on things that die quick is ok, but he is using it on bosses too much. But this is what Marked for Death is for, anything that will live long enough to put a Rupture on and get some multistrikes in, is worth using MfD on.
    Find Weakness is super low, it should be around the 50% uptime mark, his is around 30%.

Hellfire Assault Combat:
    It appears he has no set bonuses? T17 4pc is really good for Combat, but as you guys seem to be working through HFC, get the man a freakin set bonus! I thought his Adrenaline Rush and Killing Spree were low until I noticed this.
    Revealing Strike uptime is low at 63%, should be 90%+
    Slice and Dice uptime is low at 82%, should be 95%+ at least, it's really easy to keep this buff up.
    Again, running Anticipation on an add-heavy fight, MfD is better single target anyways, but especially on add-heavy fights.

Seeing as this is the first week of Hellfire I'd be cautious about singling people out for dps just yet. It takes awhile for some players to get comfortable in a new raid, there's a lot of pressure on getting things right quickly cuz you don't want to get left behind.

That being said, I can see a number of mistakes your rogue is making in this particular log, specifically Hellfire Assault

Slice and dice uptime should be as close to 100% as possible. Your rogue's was 80%. He didn't use slice and dice until 16seconds into the fight, ideally he should get slice and dice up before he uses any cooldowns.

Edit - nvm as above hes got no 4pc tier 17, so his cooldowns usage is going to be poor due to missing the 4pc bonus eviscerates to reset cds.

Hes got his lubdub macro'd to adrenaline rush. Due to the variability of combat's cooldowns, I feel its better to manually control on-use trinkets rather than macroing them. This is probably not a big factor of his dps though.

He only uses one pot.

Revealing strike needs work. Bit hard with fights that have target switches often, but every eviscerate used that isn't empowered by RS is a huge dps loss.

Fixing his slice and dice uptime would make a huge improvement. After that, he needs to focus on using his cooldowns effectively. Holding cds for burst phases is a necessary factor of raiding, but holding them too long is a waste of dps.

Apologies if I missed the mark on understanding this particular fight, haven't done it yet nor watched any vids.
    Last edited by KiwifruitOCE; 2015-06-26 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quidamtyra View Post
    He was Sub on some pretty cleave-friendly fights (everything except Iron Reaver), but he seems to have gone Assassination anyways,
    He's very new to rogue and was sort of a last minute addition to our raid team so he's still working on somethings. would the downgrade from N/H HFC pieces to T17H pieces be worth it? What are the fights he should go combat on? HFA, Kormrok, council, Iskar seem to be the cleave friendly fights while Reaver, gorefiend, and dead eye seem more so a single target fight. the non hulk adds are generally dealt with before melee can get to them so far. I've only healed though so i'm just making guesses mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by mahesvara View Post
    He's very new to rogue and was sort of a last minute addition to our raid team so he's still working on somethings. would the downgrade from N/H HFC pieces to T17H pieces be worth it? What are the fights he should go combat on? HFA, Kormrok, council, Iskar seem to be the cleave friendly fights while Reaver, gorefiend, and dead eye seem more so a single target fight. the non hulk adds are generally dealt with before melee can get to them so far. I've only healed though so i'm just making guesses mostly.
    If he has 4pc t17, he should be wearing it, I would say heroic BRF 4pc is better than heroic HFC non-tier, but I didn't Shadowcraft or anything.

Even just cleaving off the single hulk makes it a combat-friendly fight.