Poll: What would most drive you to re-sub, or maintain your sub in 7.0?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by 3intrah View Post
    I do agree that skipping mobs and the ground terrain is really lame. You should have to fight to get to where you're going. But! I see this only really relevant from a leveling perspective. that's when you absolutely need to be grounded, when questing. If you want to get to a dungeon at max level, then you aren't focused on those ground features anymore anyways. At max level you're doing the dungeons and raids. Having said that however, I think you should still be grounded in max-level zones like Tanaan and Timeless Isle
    Well on a PvP server its different. When leveling, you dont really want to deal with max levels from the opposing faction. With flying enabled, they will be hovering above.. and might swoop down any moment without you even noticing them before its too late and you dont really stand a chance against them anyway.

Now with flying gone, everything chances completely. You still got gankers, sure, but most of them arent just looking for lowbies to kills, most players are actually either doing dailies, quests or whatever in those zones and if theyre grounded, theyre no longer untouchable. If they attack and kill low levels leveling there, theyll probably attract too much unwanted attention cause mains and guildies show up to hunt them down which will then either result in some real PvP or they get hunted down and killed they leave the area.

So I guess the tldr; version would be it would make ganking a strategic choice. Instead of swooping down and whacking that lowbie, it would make most players make that choice of "do I want to kill them? I need to mine here for a while and complete my daily and this could really slow it down for me".

10+ Year Old Account
    They should bring back multiplayer scenarios, but experiment with them more. Not just 3 player dungeons without a tank and a healer, I want experimentation! Throves of the Thunderking showed that they could do something different. So why not continue with this? Make a racetrack, make a multiplayer version of Throves, make a scenario with choices, make a sort of tower defense - just experiment with it! It could be a great place to just test out some stuff and also add a bunch of content for players outside of raids and dungeons.

Deleted
    Other:

Timewalker feature expand to all current and past content (dungeons/raids/scenario's - maybe even the outside world)
    Make the hole world relevent, and stay relevent outgearing is not possible anymore.

Attunements

Remove all the menuville crap.
    Actually make the game a "world" of warcraft.
    Maybe just maybe have people with passion, flair and creativity working on the game.

Bring back diversity, character customisation, professions need to return to there former glory - have people work hard for them with great rewards.
    Get out of the timegating, restricted garbage - it's like they are treating this game like an android app.

Have an amazing character progression with good enough rewards, with lots of variety inbetween.
    Realise we are in 2015? Look at FF and GW2 and maybe learn some things.

Although it's a business, maybe get your hand out of the greedy pot of dollar and put some energy and love back into your product.
    Look at call of duty, cough, activision suicide cough.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    i dont think it can be narrowed down to just one feature. there are many aspects of the game that need to be addressed. this topic is a bit too subjective as everybody has a different idea of what is broken.

totally depends on what you play wow for.
    Agreed. For me, the most likely draw back to WoW would be the removal of 4 different difficulties in the game, coupled with the removal of LFR / LFD. I want this game to return to its roots, where if you didn't have the skill or made the minimum effort, you didn't get to see the content, and it was as simple as that.

The old way, You had normals, which you had to do to be strong enough to go in to Heroics, which you needed to go in to raiding, which you needed tier 1 to go into tier 2 and so on. The game was a hell of a lot better when you actually had something to strive for. Today, You log in, put in absolutely no effort, and end up seeing and getting everything with no effort. If you join late or fall behind, you likewise are just handed gear to push you back up with everyone else. A game like that can not last, which is what we're seeing now.

Make this game have its difficulty curve back. Make people actually play the game to get the stuff, not just sit behind a table and tell imaginary followers to go get the gear for you. Make them go earn the gear, not grab it off of a vendor. If people fall behind, too bad, either their guilds can run them through "old" content or they can join a new guild that is on the current level they are.

Like I said though, it's more than just one feature that is going to have to change to make me rejoin this game like I used to be joined. There have been far too many changes to this game since WotLK and before, and frankly, WoW as it is now isn't the game for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre View Post
    Well on a PvP server its different. When leveling, you dont really want to deal with max levels from the opposing faction. With flying enabled, they will be hovering above.. and might swoop down any moment without you even noticing them before its too late and you dont really stand a chance against them anyway.

Now with flying gone, everything chances completely. You still got gankers, sure, but most of them arent just looking for lowbies to kills, most players are actually either doing dailies, quests or whatever in those zones and if theyre grounded, theyre no longer untouchable. If they attack and kill low levels leveling there, theyll probably attract too much unwanted attention cause mains and guildies show up to hunt them down which will then either result in some real PvP or they get hunted down and killed they leave the area.

So I guess the tldr; version would be it would make ganking a strategic choice. Instead of swooping down and whacking that lowbie, it would make most players make that choice of "do I want to kill them? I need to mine here for a while and complete my daily and this could really slow it down for me".
    You certainly make a good point about ganking, but do we want our game designed around a handful of jerks? And isn't that type of action considered griefing or something?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Other:

Timewalker feature expand to all current and past content (dungeons/raids/scenario's - maybe even the outside world)
    Make the hole world relevent, and stay relevent outgearing is not possible anymore.
    That's certainly worthy of implementation. I suppose Timewalking will expand to that extent eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Other:

I like this. Dungeons 1 week, scenarios the next, raids the 3rd and let them rotate.

Personally I want LFR level tier sets back. I hate these half-assed sets we have now. Give us shit recolors, little to no sparkles, I don't care if I look like I'm wearing damn footy pajamas... I want the tier set bonuses that change play style back.
    Last edited by Lightwysh; 2015-06-27 at 01:22 AM.

Other: Remove every change and addition that was introduced in WoD.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    I like this. Dungeons 1 week, scenarios the next, raids the 3rd and let them rotate.

Personally I want LFR level tier sets back. I hate these half-assed sets we have now. Give us shit recolors, little to no sparkles, I don't care if I look like I'm wearing damn footy pajamas... I want the tier set bonuses that change play style back.
    Amen to tier sets in LFR! I used to run all my alts in LFR for the tier sets, now only run my main through for the legendary questline. Like I mentioned, transmog is very important to me, and Cata and especially MoP's LFR style was much better IMO. They were slightly more difficult and they rewarded nice looking gear. Bring it back yo

Solo endgame content at #1 priority.

Actual competent PvP team: #2 priority.

Making professions useful to gearing instead of this trash we have: #3 priority.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Solo endgame content at #1 priority.

Actual competent PvP team: #2 priority.

Making professions useful to gearing instead of this trash we have: #3 priority.
    There are clearly many things they need to improve, but I'm starting to realize none of them actually matter without the content to keep us moving forward

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Timewalking is an incredible feature for WoW as a whole, as a game. I'm very thankful it exists, but for me I've worn those dungeons to Hell a long time ago and don't care to return to them. Still, it's definitely a feature worth expanding, probably until it encompasses all past expansions

Mythic 10s

I don't like raiding with a herd, and I don't like lower difficulties.

Been subbed continuously for 8 years now, but I play to raid & mythic 20s do not interest me so I'm starting to fade out atm. If something doesn't change, I'm probably gone next expac.
    Toast, being an inanimate object, obviously lacks both the ability and the desire to right itself.

You know, I liked a lot of things about every expansion until we got to this one. Yes, every expansion had issues, but they also had things I liked...lots of them. Then comes WoD and, honestly, I don't like ANY of it, really. The leveling was only good compared to the awful rest of it. I don't raid beyond LFR, so that's hosed. The dungeons seemed okay but they were done in a flash. It is just, plain awful. And I truly can't understand how Blizzard could mess up so badly.

Because I can't understand how they could get just about everything wrong . . .I don't have a lot of confidence that they can turn this game around.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I would want garrisons to improve a lot. There is really zero reason to be so cookie cutter.

Changes I would want to see:
    1) Garrisons are place-able in any zone in the expansion that allows it. Each of these areas have minor differences, say the mine for one is richer (more nodes) than those in other areas. Herbs grow more readily in another. One is closer to a game trail so the animals are closer.
    2) Certain buildings are made special, a kin to the Fishing Shack. These are: Barracks, Stables and Barn. Stables would be a place to display your mounts, you can pick a certain number that would appear rather than random and no mount training. Stables basically becomes a "show off my cool mounts" place. The Barn is the only collection profession building to be non-special, which I don't get. And who really doesn't keep their Barracks?
    3) New Buildings that are optional, such as a Barber.
    4) Building customization as well as entire layout. Guards of X race are reduced to being Honored with Faction while unlocked style for plot buildings is Revered. The non-plotted stuff the walls and central building is able to be changed at Exalted with the faction. Also at exalted you can replace the standard characters, ie Goblins in the engineering hut with another race.
    5) Garrison PvP that is 10v10 ... fun PvP events at random garrisons in the group. Essentially garrison invasion verses other players. 2 rounds, once defending and once attacking and you can gain and lose points through objectives that are randomized. (yes, I know this is highly not likely, but I think it will be fun)

Re-do all the professions is my second one. Its just terrible now.. reboot it already. Every other mmo has a better system.

Other.
    if you wanted to drag me back with a one trick pony it would be playable Arakkoa.
    But if you wanted to ensure that I was a more permanent and happy sub, you would have to change whole lot more than just one thing when the whole game is suffering from so many problems all at once.

Bring back reforging that was actually a pretty cool feature dumb they got rid of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybach View Post
    Wheres mendenbarr when you need him ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Reversing 4.0.1+ class changes.

My gripe for 5 years since -- 4.0.1+ changes weren't good for the game. Alienates. Brought inequality and social decay (Cata groups were like this -- https://www.yahoo.com/health/fratern...286510207.html -- from kids who had zero clue how to even act in public). Plus stratification and general game malaise.

Classes are unique. Sure have some general abilities so groups can function together (e.g., a real CC that Paladins didn't even have for the "l2p" expansion to begin with), and share among the class itself (e.g., consecration isn't just a tank ability). But a Holy Paladin isn't a Priest (even though it is a cleric in plate) -- each class brings something uniquely their own to a group.

Yes, there will be problems with min/maxers who'll bench classes, but most players don't raid or PvP, anyway.

The 4.0.1+ changes even took the RP value away.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Dungeons. The time walking dungeons are awesome and I really hope they expand on it instead of just keeping it this event type thing.

Keeping dungeons relevant throughOut the expansion via gear upgrade paths and emblem type system again.

Dungeon tiering. Some max level heroic dungeons should require a higher ilvl at the start of the expansion.

More interesting mechanics. Expect players to improve instead of catering to the lowest common denominator. Yes, that means in LFD too.

Upgrade tol barad and wintergrasp to max level with appropriate rewards. That means being able to earn honor and conquest equivalent to the rate at which ashran does. Make it so that you can cap conquest by doing weeklies in these three places if you don't want to do organized pvp but of course make the weeklies like they are now requiring patience and time.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2015-06-27 at 10:53 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15