Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Tanaan Jungle feels very undynamic

Maybe undynamic is a bad word to use here, but I couldn't think of a better one.

So here's what I mean.

I was out doing my first apexis area of the day. I had the quest. I went into the Arakkoa area. I got 100%, and I popped my Aviana's feather to get back and hand the quest in. I flew over the Bleeding Hollow area and I saw the event icon. So I landed there, got into a group and we summoned the Remnant of the Blood Moon. The moment we killed it, my apexis bar was at 78%. In a way that was great. Problem is, I didn't have the follow-up quest, so bringing the bar to 100% would not have done anything for me. I had to leave the group at that point in order to fly back, hand in the quest, get the follow-up quest and then fly back there to finish the area.

That is terrible. I do not understand why they did it this way. Forcing me to disrupt the flow of that apexis area is totally unnecessary. Why can't there be one quest that has us complete 3 apexis areas, so you pick up the quest at the beginning and you can do 3 apexis areas without having to run back? Or why do there have to be quests for this at all? The apexis area awards the apexis crystals directly on completion. Why can't it also award reputation? This doesn't make any sense to me.

wow.

your title has absolutely nothing to do with your issue.

Deleted
    And also, getting a quest like gathering 20 vials of fel blood, why don't I get that quest right away? That means that if in my first apexis area there are enemies that would normally drop the vials, I won't get them, because I don't have the quest yet. This only limits people in what apexis areas to choose in what order, and at worst, punishes people for picking the wrong area first. If I go into an area that has mobs with vials of fel blood first, I have to later pick up the quest, and again go into such an area and kill the same mobs again, although I've already done plenty of that.

y quests open after you do like kill 25 iron horde then you need to go back again and kill 20 vials so cant do it both same time which is crap

I did almost the same thing. Completed the apexis daily. Flying back to hand it in and saw the bonus objective pop up on the burning legion? area. Stopped to do it.

Go hand in apexis daily quest only to get two new quests (Complete 2 bonus objectives and get fel blood) both from the area I just stopped off at.

Also not sure what the correct term is but its like doing something spontaneously just gets you frustrated because you dared to walk off the path.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    I did almost the same thing. Completed the apexis daily. Flying back to hand it in and saw the bonus objective pop up on the burning legion? area. Stopped to do it.

Go hand in apexis daily quest only to get two new quests (Complete 2 bonus objectives and get fel blood) both from the area I just stopped off at.

Also not sure what the correct term is but its like doing something spontaneously just gets you frustrated because you dared to walk off the path.
    That's exactly what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    "Railroaded".
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    "Railroaded".
    This is even worse than the normal "on rails" questing experience. There you just often don't have the choice to walk off and explore and don't get rewarded. But here you actively get punished, because 1) if I'm flying with my feather and I have to land, that means that when I'm done on the ground I have to ride back to the quest hub, or I decide to keep flying and miss out on what's on the ground, all because I can't fly with the flying mounts I already posses. And 2) if I decide to stay and do the area completely and finish it, I have to pick a different area after that and start from 0. So they are actually forcing me out of the group if I don't want to start over.

Yesterday I had to do 4 apexis areas, because the 1st one gave me 5/20 demons, the second one gave me only a couple of fel blood vials (it was the one where I landed to do the event), the third one I finished before I collected all the vials, because I got to 100% from just doing banners and healing fallen soldiers, but I still ended up having to kill 10+ orcs after I got to 100%, just to get the vials, and then I had to go to a 4th area to kill the rest of the demons. And I didn't even get rep for the 4th area. For some reason the game couldn't give me another measly 300 rep for the work I had just done. Maybe then players would enjoy the experience too much, and we can't have that.
    Last edited by mmoc88edaebd94; 2015-06-28 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoryana View Post
    And also, getting a quest like gathering 20 vials of fel blood, why don't I get that quest right away? That means that if in my first apexis area there are enemies that would normally drop the vials, I won't get them, because I don't have the quest yet. This only limits people in what apexis areas to choose in what order, and at worst, punishes people for picking the wrong area first. If I go into an area that has mobs with vials of fel blood first, I have to later pick up the quest, and again go into such an area and kill the same mobs again, although I've already done plenty of that.
    It makes you stay logged in longer. If they gave you all of the quests right away, you'd be done much faster. This way it slows down the way you play.

- - - Updated - - -

For some reason the game couldn't give me another measly 300 rep for the work I had just done. Maybe then players would enjoy the experience too much, and we can't have that.
    What happened to just playing the game for fun?

Deleted
    I'm actually enjoying Tanaan alot more than Timeless Isle. Compared to Tanaan I think Timeless Isle was done very poorly.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised you can FEEL Tanaan jungle. There's nothing to feel about it. It's just a 2D plain with obstacles.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    I'm surprised you can FEEL Tanaan jungle. There's nothing to feel about it. It's just a 2D plain with obstacles.
    Aw, c'mon, it's not THAT bad. It sure is a lot better than apexis dailies.

Had they replaced the 'bonus zones' with daily hubs with the same choice "one of these two, plus two others of your choice" and spread the reputation throughout those daily quests, it would be mostly the same as Isle of Thunder. What it lacks, in my opinion, is a meta progression beyond the three reputations.

The campaign quests are just weekly, you can ignore the dailies and still get them. Apart from those, there is no plot development, you're sieging Hellfire without any sense of progress. The three reputations could as well be one, there is no background to them, and they have very little to do with fighting against the Legion.

Our characters are also in a very strange situation where we're commanders of the main hub, but we just follow Yrel around and run errands for everyone else, the only sense of authority is being able to use one of the three outpost abilities. In the future, they should isolate the player from their faction like they did with Pandaria (before 5.1), force a 'commander' to become an adventurer because there is not enough people around for you to sit and give orders. Otherwise, the fantasy of being more than a mercenary clashes with the MMO questing.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2015-06-28 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    It makes you stay logged in longer. If they gave you all of the quests right away, you'd be done much faster. This way it slows down the way you play.
    Right. And that makes sense when there's a form of progression in a questline, but with these type of quests, it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    What happened to just playing the game for fun?
    Tanaan Jungle happened. Warlords of Draenor happened. Blizzard happened. This was fun for a day, but after I've seen everything after a day, I was good. Now I just want to get my flying achievement. Then all I will do is do Kazzak on all my toons every week to get insane amounts of gold.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thedead241 View Post
    I'm actually enjoying Tanaan alot more than Timeless Isle. Compared to Tanaan I think Timeless Isle was done very poorly.
    Tanaan Jungle is just a bit bigger than Timeless Isle, other than that, it's the same thing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Aw, c'mon, it's not THAT bad. It sure is a lot better than apexis dailies.
    ???

Tanaan Jungle has apexis dailies. The main content there are apexis dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    They said it's suppose to be like another Timeless Isle, which I was excited about, but it's not like it at all. It makes me wonder why they had to go and change a good idea. I enjoyed Timeless Isle - I was hoping Tanaan would be similar, but it's not.

Another thing in WoD that gets a thumbs down.
    its pretty similar to Timeless isle...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by birdyy View Post
    its pretty similar to Timeless isle...
    It's nothing like it. Yeah events pop up, but they're essentially bonus ways to do your two dailies.

There's no repeatability.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It's nothing like it. Yeah events pop up, but they're essentially bonus ways to do your two dailies.

It's pretty much like a big Timeless Isle. Minimal amounts of quests, rare spawns that you can kill for quest items, catch up gear and other rewards. And dynamic events.

If you say there's no repeatability, then you haven't done a lot of it yet. Every day is pretty much the same stuff.
    Last edited by mmoc88edaebd94; 2015-06-28 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post

So it has things beyond what Timeless Isle had, and therefore is less replayable? And last i counted, i got 6 dailies every day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    In my opinion the biggest problem is they made the rep grind mandatory. As a result I'm going in there on my main and roflstomping everything for meaningless rewards every day. It's really boring.
    You know what the worst thing is? I mean I only want to get flying, and flying only takes around 11 days of doing dailies, but for the people who want exalted, it's really gonna be one hell of a grind. I'm glad I'll just stop at revered.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You know what the worst thing is? I mean I only want to get flying, and flying only takes around 11 days of doing dailies, but for the people who want exalted, it's really gonna be one hell of a grind. I'm glad I'll just stop at revered.
    I stopped on the day 2 and unsubbed.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I do not even think I can get to revered. I'm already bored and I'm barely into honored. The Shipyard is not attractive to me and the gold missions have been nerfed to oblivion, before I could get 1k per char, now I get 1k from all of them if lucky. Honestly raiding is only what's left and that's if you think raiding in this game is still valuable, in my case it isn't. This is game over for me.