Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

WoW slips from 2nd to 5th in Raptr monthly stats for May

http://caas.raptr.com/most-played-ga...raft-stumbles/

"Speaking of World of Warcraft, the MMO slipped out of second place for the first time since it overtook DOTA 2 in August 2014. While we noticed a declining trend in gameplay for the past few months, a rank change did not occur until now. Though hot fixes and new mounts were released in mid-May, the 11-year-old MMO slipped to fifth place, losing 13.58% of play time."
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    never heard of raptr before.. so yeah

Raptor? People actually use that piece of spyware? And meanwhile people whine about the WoW launcher checking the memory for bots. LOL

15+ Year Old Account
    Warcraftrealms (which relies on player submitted data) is also showing a decline. Numbers are getting close to end of SoO.
    Junglebeast @ Stormscale EU |

10+ Year Old Account
    i have time and money to sub yet i don't.

because there is nothing worthy for me to sub again.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

"Speaking of World of Warcraft, the MMO slipped out of second place for the first time since it overtook DOTA 2 in August 2014. While we noticed a declining trend in gameplay for the past few months, a rank change did not occur until now. Though hot fixes and new mounts were released in mid-May, the 11-year-old MMO slipped to fifth place, losing 13.58% of play time."
    Among people who play wow and use raptr.

A mega ton of people don't use raptr...

It is rather like saying wow lost places among left handed people who play with their pinky and booger finger only.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post

It is rather like saying wow lost places among left handed people who play with their pinky and booger finger only.
    I don't know about that, it came for free with my updated graphics driver so I'll assume most AMD users with new drivers has it.

10+ Year Old Account

To be honest, with the problems with connections with AMD users (Raptr is an game profile+ addon that comes with our video drivers) keep that in mind, too. The blues on the tech support forum seem to be focused on the Raptr .dlls as a problem.

So don't read too deep in that (I'm not running Raptr as it's third party bloat I don't need, for example ... and I've played WoD longer than Cata and MoP combined now).
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted

Do you know how statistics are made? Since you can't ask millions of people, you use a certain number. When you're dealing with millions, a number over 100 questioned in the statistic is mandatory.

Now, in this case, I'd assume that more than 100 people use Raptr. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'll assume that. So, a decrease in players here shows a decrease per total. Because the target group is a representation of the whole bunch as a whole. Sure, while statistics are not perfect, and there is an error of about 5% or even 10% at times... I think it would be safe to say that WoW player numbers is indeed declining again.

Quote Originally Posted by devonizer View Post
    never heard of raptr before.. so yeah
    This.

/10char
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    . I think it would be safe to say that WoW player numbers is indeed declining again.
    It's safe to say most informed people who have any common sense knew this. It's not like we need statistics to prove the bloody obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    It's safe to say most informed people who have any common sense knew this. It's not like we need statistics to prove the bloody obvious.
    On the other hand, those not satisfied with crude binary knowledge want to be able to quantify things.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Raptr is fairly large or at least was. Their rewards haven't been refreshed in like a year so people are ceasing to use the service. Also keep in mind they track gameplay across their service by hours played.

WoW's community is 3million players on raptr. It's active community is 977 thousand.

So yes I assume the service is heavily used.

Got a source for this random bullshit or what?

Deleted
    I quit wow 2 days ago too. Deleted wow and battle.net from my computer. I'M DONE with this shit. Maybe I will return next expansion, I dunno.

Deleted
    Never heard of this raptr, ever.

Deleted
    I assume the people who have "never" heard of Raptr, all have NVIDIA GPU's right?

As said above, the active community count (logged in within 30 days) to WoW, is just under 1mil. The statistical amount of that, is quite significant.

On the other hand, those not satisfied with crude binary knowledge want to be able to quantify things.
    People who need statistics, no matter how arbitrary to quantify things lack common sense. You're like a dude that hears thunder, someone walks through the door soaked wet through and then logs onto the web to check the weather forecast.
    I'm satisfied my common sense told me it was raining :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    People who need statistics, no matter how arbitrary to quantify things lack common sense. You're like a dude that hears thunder, someone walks through the door soaked wet through and then logs onto the web to check the weather forecast.
    I'm satisfied my common sense told me it was raining :P
    I check the weather forecast if it starts raining.. to ya know check for severe weather or how long it is going to last.