Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically they wanted other classes/specs to get trinket prio?

It's still going to be better than PoF, and probably at least heroic Gaze. Mythic Gaze will probably overtake heroic SoC though. Granted I have no sims to back any of this up, just guessing. I tend to agree with Alame though that GSR could be BiS for progression on some fights.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sims show no change - Heroic seed outperforms the Mythic trinkets except for DSI.

Deleted
    As much as the numbers on the trinket were stupid, i just really do not see why they nerf balance trinkets, when all the flavorfull trinkets in there, are so shit for balance druids. It's not like we are cruising at the top...

makes 0 sense, shitty trinket got buffed to get nerfed again. still shitty, thanks blizz

being BiS does not make the trinket real good, still crap, its just that the other trinkets are even more shitty for our class.

You gotta love blizz, they know what they doin

can't help but feel that they nerfed it only because it sounded bad for it to be higher than 100%.

Just adding one slight new effect to the trinket should be enough.. like the BM Monk, the trinket gives you free brew charges, but also increases your dmg done while those are up

Why are we so fucked up? they could add a SLIGHT buff like; (dunno, first thing across my mind)

X% Increased damage done while Starfall is up (with a 3% im damn Happy)

If you dont like it, dont use it. No use to cry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    can't help but feel that they nerfed it only because it sounded bad for it to be higher than 100%.
    They could of easily added some intellect to mythic version while keeping it 100%

Quote Originally Posted by kryptik93 View Post
    They could of easily added some intellect to mythic version while keeping it 100%
    but why if its still gonna be used with no int?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    but why if its still gonna be used with no int?
    Because by 'buffing' the mythic version, they wouldnt have to tone down the hc version which lets be honest is what ppl are complaining about.

Everyone was saying the mythic one was over budget, and were happy in the knowledge that a WF HC one was as good as bis. When you think about it, thats kinda unrealistic. Not shocked it got nerfed, just disappointed.
    Vexxd

LFG to push 15+ m+,
    maybe streaming @ http://www.twitch.tv/vexxee

7+ Year Old Account
    I was very vocal that it was stupid & embarrassing the way the mythic trinket scaled - but I was also an advocate for capping the proc chance at 100% and adding a secondary effect to those trinkets whose budget eclipsed 100%.

Flat nerfing all the trinkets so that only MWF achieves 100% is even stupider. How many druids killed Mythic Blackhand? There's 1379 kills by unique players on WCL. Raid numbers on the first week of HFC look to be lower than BRF too.

The warforged droprate is what, 20%? So of the ~1000 players that will actually kill Mythic Archimonde around 250 will actually get a MWF trinket.

Then lets talk about how having sub-100% forces you into these weird rotational qualms where you need Starfall up but you aren't comfortable trusting the trinket to proc. So you hit Starfall and you might as well not have a trinket in that slot at all at that point.

It would be totally okay if regular Mythic was 100%. In fact I think they should revert the nerf to this state because that's the happy medium that makes the most sense. The incredibly small portion of raiders that will receive a MWF trinket deal with the over-scaling (which in all reality is a non-issue, it just looks bad) but the mythic raiders who DO kill Archimonde are rewarded with some predictability and reliability out of their trinket without having to pray for warforged rolls.

This is a very, very silly decision by Blizzard. The balance set bonuses & trinket have felt like afterthoughts for the entire duration of the 6.2 PTR cycle, and this nerf just screams "we didn't come up with a solution and people are starting to get the trinkets."

Sims may show SoC still being the best trinket, but I'm pretty sure I won't be using it on things like Hellfire High Council & Xul'Horac. The additional complexity and RNG it adds to the priorty-target cleave rotation is stupid, and especially for progressions sake I'd rather not add that unpredictability. I'm also not 100% sure the sims are accurately representing the newly-nerfed Seed, but that's something I'm working on - trying to override the trinket ilevel to force-scale it down before the item databases are updated is not an exact process.
    Last edited by Alame; 2015-06-30 at 04:16 PM.

Should've been 100% chance across every ilevel, that would make the trinket feel better... maybe add to it a modifier that improves starfall/starsurge damage when ilevel goes up?

Deleted
    I feel like this entire expansion has been a super bad time to play balance druid. Not for performance, because balance has been strong this whole expansion, but just play wise, it hasnt felt rewarding to play and the whole rotation is super dull. The tier 18 set bonuses just add to that feeling, along with the trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Whyevernot View Post
    I feel like this entire expansion has been a super bad time to play balance druid. Not for performance, because balance has been strong this whole expansion, but just play wise, it hasn't felt rewarding to play and the whole rotation is super dull. The tier 18 set bonuses just add to that feeling, along with the trinkets.
    The rotation being dull is the big thing. The Archi trinket added some "excitement" for me but if that 14% nerf goes live, the normal goes down to 69%. That just seems way to low to be any fun.

Our set bonuses are dull too, at least T17 had some play style changes which changes it up.

Also not sure if it's only based on normal Seed or I am doing something wrong but seed is BARELY on par with Goren/Darmac (mythic). With the 14% nerf I'm not sure it'll be worth using, unless I'm doing something wrong (based on my gear, 2pc artificially added with 4pc removed)

Band-aid changes...who would have thought...
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2015-06-30 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MV Kaa View Post
    Yes,heroic was 96% so getting WF would put it over 100% and mythic was like 109% so getting heroic made it BiS and mythic was pointless
    Pointless comparison. Needing to beat the hardest boss in the game, at which point better gear is just cosmetic, in order to get a usable version of the trinket is silly. Putting it to heroic for a 95%+ chance was fine because it meant you could get a reliable version for the real challenge, which was mythic. With this, the only people using the trinket will be people that don't need it anymore. The same problem it had BEFORE they buffed the proc chance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    Should've been 100% chance across every ilevel, that would make the trinket feel better... maybe add to it a modifier that improves starfall/starsurge damage when ilevel goes up?
    This. It should have always been 100% but the damage the starfall does should have been adjusted based on ilevel.

Or 100% across all levels and each trinket just gives more int/mastery

Now i just want them to fix underbudget static trinkets at this point. I would be totally down for DSI+Piston.

7+ Year Old Account
    In a raiding situation where the priority on receiving SoC is based on how good it is for your class/spec balance druids are left last correct?