10+ Year Old Account

Naval Missions - Abilities and Percentage breakdown.

I was planning on making an addon that listed the most cost effective order to do naval missions, taking into account what missions you have and what ships you have, for example:

Right now you can do:
    Mission #1 (Mission name would be displayed ofc)
    Mission #3

Switch AbilityX with AbilityY on Ship#3
    Do Mission #4

And so forth. It would simply go through every single possible combination of gear and missions, and list the most optimal order with the least amount of equipment switching.

Based on that i did some research to see if i could figure out the math behind the percentages, and well... i couldnt But i did learn a number of things that i havent seen listed elsewhere, so thought i'd post it and get a discussion out of it.

1. The % for countering a ship/ability is not fixed, it is based on the number of counters (see below).
    2. In addition to the above, the % for countering a ship/ability is not fixed, it is divided into "pools".
      For a mission with only 2 counter-groups (f.ex. ship/ability), the pools will be larger than for a mission with all 3 counter-groups (ship/ability/weather).
    3. Elite Captain seems to subtract from the 3 counter-group pools and also the ship AND "synergy" pools = 5%, meaning that based on my calculations, you can never get above 98% on a mission with an elite captain.
    4. Synergy is calculated outside the counter-pools, so if you had a destroyer with transport bonus and a human crew and a transport with destroyer bonus and human crew it would make up for missing a full ability counter.

Synergy = The minor buffs like Human/Pandaren Crew or "Increased success when on a mission with a Transport"

Pool Examples
    [Mission Pool (always 30%)] - [Ship Pool] - [Ship Counter Pool] - [Ability Counter Pool] - [Weather Counter Pool]

1 Ship Mission: 1 Ship Counter

2 Ship Mission: 2 Ship Counters, 2 Ability Counters

2 Ship Mission: 2 Ship Counters, 3 Ability Counters, 1 Weather Counter

Here's the specifics of what i found out.

1 Ship Missions

These i found to be consistent in all my tests.

Type: [1 Ship Counter]
    Adding any ship to the mission: +6%
    Countering a Ship: +64%

2 Ship Missions
    The % can change by 0.5 - 1% from mission to mission, which i found extremely weird and inconsistent - i couldnt really figure out if the length (2 days vs 4 hrs) or type (Treasure vs Combat mission) had anything to do with it.

Type: 3 Counters: [1 Ship Counter] [1 Ability Counter] [1 Weather Counter]
    Adding any ship to the mission: +4%
    Countering a Ship: +39%
    Countering an Ability: +12%
    Countering weather: 11%
    1 Synergy: Crew: 4%
    1 Synergy: Ship Type: 4%

Type: 3 Counters: [2 Ship Counters] [1 Ability Counter]
    Adding any ship to the mission: +3%
    Countering a Ship: +28%
    Countering an Ability: +8%
    1 Synergy: Crew: 3%
    1 Synergy: Ship Type: 2%

Type: 4 Counters: [2 Ship Counters] [2 Ability Counters]
    Adding any ship to the mission: +2%
    Countering a Ship: +25 - 26%
    Countering an Ability: +7 - 8%
    1 Synergy: Crew: 2%

Type: 5 Counters: [2 Ship Counters] [2 Ability Counters] [1 Weather Counter]
    Countering a Ship: +23%
    Countering an Ability: +7%
    Countering weather: 6%
    1 Synergy: Ship Type: 3%

Type: 6 Counters: [2 Ship Counters] [3 Ability Counters] [1 Weather Counter]
    Countering a Ship: +21%
    Countering an Ability: +6%
    Countering weather: 6%

Type: 6 Counters + Elite captain: [2 Ship Counters] [3 Ability Counters] [1 Weather Counter]
    Adding any ship to the mission: +1.5%
    Countering a Ship: +19%
    Countering an Ability: +5.5%
    Countering weather: 5.5%
    1 Synergy: Crew: 1.5%
    1 Synergy: Ship Type: 1.5%
    Last edited by Melancolie; 2015-06-27 at 08:20 PM.
    "I like big pulls and i cannot lie, you other brothers cant deny, when a mob walks in, or maybe 10, all lined up for a spell, you press 2!"..