Page 3 of 58 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    You know, you just quoted me saying I didn't like the argument behind the letter either...
    Yeah, except you're still condoning the mentality, even if you don't like it. When there are as many refugees needing aid as there are, and not nearly enough resources to go around, anyone that causes problems can receive a free trip back home to make room for others who might be more grateful for the assistance.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by BigStud69 View Post
    German life should be more important than muslim lives. In a few year those "refugees" will light cars on fire.
    I'm not interested in raging xenophobia.

I've seen something like this first hand. Middle eastern guys really do get overwhelmed at the mere sight of tight jeans and cleavage.

Putting this next to a school is stupid. When someone is raped and murderedi will wait to see who blames the girls in this case...I mean, that's how it goes right? It's victim blaming until the rapist is a refugee. Then it's the girls fault.

And shame on anyone okay with this. There have been feminist rally's telling American boys and schools to suck it up after some schools made the same suggestion. Double standards are bad.
    Last edited by Rhine101; 2015-06-28 at 07:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No she shouldn't be removed she is an elected official and hasn't broken any laws just hurt some people's feelings.

I dont see the controversy here. Its an emergency situation where two radically different cultures are put together, you will need to act differently to keep things civil. While morally the girls should not have their clothing dictated by another culture but this is reality where young men who come from a culture where oppressive generations have gone by where women are covered thoroughly and a bare ankle becomes boner inducing and now suddenly you are thrust into a world where the girls are wearing minimal amounts of clothing. They cant be expected to adjust in such a short amount of time. It would be like if you woke up tomorrow and every women is walking around naked and thats the norm, its that much of a difference to these people, probably even more of a shock. The school handled this well so long as they keep up extra security and open dialogue and educate the refugees on this new culture and how to behave in it

They will acclimatize to this, but its not gonna happen immediately and especially not when they are being treated with suspicion and scorn because they are molded from a backwards culture through no fault of their own. But asking people to be reasonable and understanding doesnt work, lets just hate them and alienate them and keep them entrenched in their culture and further hostile relations and misunderstandings.

Deleted
    No one is saying they don't have to follow the rules. Nothing about this letter somehow excuses law breaking. They're just trying to avoid culture clashes until the refugees can be dealt with in a more permanent manner.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think sending out a letter telling all the girls in particular to cover up or whatever. But, I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to ease the cultural tensions such a situation can create until more permanent solutions are found.
    Avoid culture clashes? I thought everything was socioeconomic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I could have sworn I stated that my opinions of the letter were beside the point.
    Sorry, this wasn't meant to be a personal attack.
    I'm calling it here and now, that letter is a carte blanche for victim-blaming: They will draw that card based on this letter if there's an actual attack. Most teenage girls don't give a shit about that kind of advises, too. (At least it was like that at my school.)

They shouldn't have located the refugees there if they were worried about the security in the first place.
    Last edited by Cerilis; 2015-06-28 at 07:31 PM.

I'm not interested in raging xenophobia.
    Next thing we'll see, they'll be blaming their xenophobia on the Muslims.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Didn't your parents ever teach you "when you live in my house, you live by my rules"?
    No, that's considered cruel and unusual parenting now, haven't you heard? Parents are supposed to be their kid's friends and give their kids a vote on all the rules in the house.

And if I tell you to immediately adopt a super progressive viewpoint and set of behaviors with even the smallest slip up in the execution of either being grounds for your actual execution, do you really think you could manage that? It's not about people being able to decide "Hey, this is not as bad as dying." It's about the time it takes to make real adjustments to behaviors and views, especially ones you may not really understand why you hold in the first place. This is a problem for people in the United States born into and raised in our own fucking culture. I can only imagine it's worse for people trying to integrate into a new one at such an unstable point in their lives.

I would think, I dont like this, I have no reasons that make life worth continuing anyway, I'll fight and you are welcome to kill me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    I fail to see the big issue. it's a warning, not a decree to have the kids dress a certain way. I mean we are talking about people who were displaced by a war here. its not like they just roamed in and took over the place.
    Warning? Do you even realize how that fucking sounds?

I get the idea behind the letter, still though... it's just hilarious. I mean especially in summer I've seen my fair share of school classes where it wasn't exactly clear if this is the personal of a red-light district or some school trip, but suggesting that usually would net you the sexual oppression stigma. Imho this is the point where the far-leftist ideas start eating themselves. What is more important, the absolute freedom of women or not to tempt religiously brainwashed people? Shouldn't making it clear to them, that this behavior is absolutely unacceptable be the only solution?. Why is the "I was raised this way!" and "I couldn't control myself!" excuse valid here and otherwise not? I don't even mean the letter anymore, why do people here support adhering to this newly suggest dress-code all of a sudden? Again, hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying that they shouldn't integrate. I'm saying that nobody is going to be a perfect Roman citizen their first week in Rome.
    Probably not. But that's why you keep quiet until you understand how things operate in your new home. I don't actually disagree with the letter advising people that wearing what they normally wear may cause the refugees some discomfort, but there seems to be an issue in many European countries where this leads to the host country and host culture demanding they change to suit the incoming refugees, rather than the other way around.

I just don't understand why there's so much leniency in allowing poor behavior from the refugees. If they're gonna cause problems, send em home and bring in some new refugees. Ain't like there's a shortage of them.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    A warning? Hey we are in your country but because we cant control ourselves something might happen to your kids?
    the refugees didn't send the letter numb nuts. the school did, and I find it to be an overreactive letter if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Yeah, except you're still condoning the mentality, even if you don't like it. When there are as many refugees needing aid as there are, and not nearly enough resources to go around, anyone that causes problems can receive a free trip back home to make room for others who might be more grateful for the assistance.
    I'm really, really not. The letter is sexist, insulting to both parties, and probably entirely misplaced.

But that doesn't mean that all efforts to ease culture clashes are bad as so many have painted them. While of course the refugees should be taught about local culture and how to live inside it it would be prudent to offer information to the native locals about the culture of the refugees as well and how they might avoid culturally based issues.

Dealing with refugee influxes are hard for everyone. Its tough for the locals and its hell on the refugees. In that kind of situation tensions will always be present. A little prevention is worth a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    Warning? Do you even realize how that fucking sounds?
    oh a school issues a statement on this that or any other thing. OMG YOU GUIZ THE MOOOSLIMS ARE COMING!

Deleted
    I fail to see the big issue. it's a warning, not a decree to have the kids dress a certain way. I mean we are talking about people who were displaced by a war here. its not like they just roamed in and took over the place.
    Why do you allow in your own country poeople that you have to warn your citizens from?
    Last edited by mmoc3745942798; 2015-06-28 at 07:29 PM.

the refugees didn't send the letter numb nuts. the school did, and I find it to be an overreactive letter if you ask me.
    Pretty much. Teacher sends out a stupid letter and oh look those evil muslims up to it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dealing with refugee influxes are hard for everyone. Its tough for the locals and its hell on the refugees. In that kind of situation tensions will always be present. A little prevention is worth a lot.
    Fair enough, I misunderstood you then.

Deleted
    To me asking the girls to dress modestly is as bad as asking the local priest to remove his robe or to reduce the volume of the bells in the village church.

They are refugees they can't help but be criminals.

Deleted
    I'm really, really not. The letter is sexist, insulting to both parties, and probably entirely misplaced.

But that doesn't mean that all efforts to ease culture clashes are bad as so many have painted them. While of course the refugees should be taught about local culture and how to live inside it it would be prudent to offer information to the native locals about the culture of the refugees as well and how they might avoid culturally based issues.

Tell me: Why should I try to avoid "culture clashes" when I'm in my own homeland? They should be the ones trying to avoid a clash, not us.