10+ Year Old Account

So, how long does it, in your estimate, take to reach level 20?

Long story short: I don't like MobAs. Never have, most likely never will. It's just not my kind of game. But dammit, I want that stupid pet in wow, so I'm willing to subject myself to this torture in order to get it. Can anyone tell me how many matches it will take on average to get to level 20 so I can claim my pet and uninstall the game again?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Long story short: I don't like MobAs. Never have, most likely never will. It's just not my kind of game. But dammit, I want that stupid pet in wow, so I'm willing to subject myself to this torture in order to get it. Can anyone tell me how many matches it will take on average to get to level 20 so I can claim my pet and uninstall the game again?
    Heh....you will not like this answer. I played with stim boosts and a good bit during the bonus XP and it took me 64 total matches and a combined hero level of 44 to hit account level 20. Granted some of those were AI matches to get dailies smashed out and not all of them were wins, but I'm an average player so there's a starting point.

You will hate yourself if you think this is torture. Turn back now.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    I never liked MOBAs. Absolutely despised it. But HOTS is different you should give it a chance really!
    Anyway, to answer your question: next weekend (July, 2nd - July, 6th) you get 100% more XP so you should get it fairly easy. Like 30 games or less if you're lucky. Just please PLEASE go at it with an open mind and play as best as you can to not ruin it for the other players just because you don't enjoy it.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Petyr Baelish View Post
    Like 10 games or less if you're lucky
    What Earth do you come from? You will not get player level 20 in 10 matches unless you have 1000%xp
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    What Earth do you come from? You will not get player level 20 in 10 matches unless you have 1000%xp
    I edited it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never liked MOBAs. Absolutely despised it. But HOTS is different you should give it a chance really!
    Anyway, to answer your question: next weekend (July, 2nd - July, 6th) you get 100% more XP so you should get it fairly easy. Like 30 games or less if you're lucky. Just please PLEASE go at it with an open mind and play as best as you can to not ruin it for the other players just because you don't enjoy it.
    I will admit to a certain level of saltiness because blizz decided to tie the pet into playing their new game I didn't care for to begin with. But since this was obviously done in an attempt to get players to try it in the first place, they already get their wish. I don't know how much of an open mind I will be able to keep since I already hate it for hiding a pet I want behind hours or even days of gameplay I likely won't enjoy, but I'll try.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a lot of games. I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're a really serious pet collector; if you hate the genre, that's a lot of hours of your life wasted being miserable for pixels.

That said, I am also not a fan of mobas in general and I find Heroes quite enjoyable. So maybe you'll like it!

Anyway, the answer is that it is going to vary a lot depending on what you play and how successful you are. It will go much quicker in quick match (where you play verses real people) than coop (where your team is real people playing the computer), but you might find quick match to be less tolerable. Additionally, wins in quick matches will get you much further than losses will. In coop, you virtually always win, but coop never has as good of rewards. Finally, if you queue with friends, you'll get an xp bonus for doing so, and it will also go quicker. Frankly, if you hate the game, it might be more enjoyable to do coop which, although slower, is at least steadily rewarding in small increments and rarely frustrating or "toxic."

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It's a lot of games. I really wouldn't recommend it unless you're a really serious pet collector; if you hate the genre, that's a lot of hours of your life wasted being miserable for pixels.
    Therein lies part of the problem. Not only AM I a serious pet collector, Graves also is really, really good in pet battles and there isn't any other pet that can substitute for its role.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I'm off to the salt mines, from whence I shall reemerge saltier than ever!

This. I played LoL even while hating it because I had so many RL friends who played it. Then HotS came around and its actually a fun MOBA.

Take his advice, play during the 100% bonus XP, play with a friend (or find someone after a game to party with) for 50% more XP, and when you get your free stimpack at lvl 10 for 100% more XP, you will fly through the lvls. All that stacks together so you should be able to get there fairly quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT
    but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    Therein lies part of the problem. Not only AM I a serious pet collector, Graves also is really, really good in pet battles and there isn't any other pet that can substitute for its role.
    Good luck! Honestly though, this game is far better than the average moba, believe me I've played most of them .

Also, Graves doesn't seem that good, why is he so irreplacable?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Good luck! Honestly though, this game is far better than the average moba, believe me I've played most of them .

Also, Graves doesn't seem that good, why is he so irreplacable?
    He's one of three pets that get to have BONESTORM, and also has a second AOE that doesn't deal damage to him, removes obstacles and hits really hard if the enemy starts running low on pets, adding utility and single target power to Undead AOE teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Takes about 1 month - 1 1/2 month of playing a bit every day to reach max level 40 (at least it did for me back in January without any Stim Packs or experience boosts from an event). Honestly, it doesn't take very long, especially if you are only going to get the pet. It's not like you have to level up your account again, so if you are going to play the game for longer than a month, this shouldn't really be an issue.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2015-06-29 at 01:55 PM.

You need about 10m xp to get 1-20.

An average Quick Match will give about 100k for a loss, or 150k for a win; assuming a 50% win rate that's 125k per game, or about 80 games. At 20mins/game you're looking at about 27hrs of play.

Playing with one or more friends gives you +50% xp, so you'll only need about 55 Quick Matches (so ~18hrs).

Playing Vs AI instead of Quick Match, you'll only get about 2/3 of the xp. So you'll need ~120 games solo (~40hrs), or ~80 games with a friend (~27hrs).

--

That's all without a stimpack, which increases the base xp for a game; all bonuses are calculated from the base xp only. So a win will net you:

base XP
    x2 if you have a stimpack
    +50% of base XP if you're with a friend
    +50k for winning.

--

What this doesn't take into account is you get a free 7-day stimpack at level 10; it's about 2.5m xp to lvl 10, then about 7.5m from 10-20. So if you push from lvl 10-20 in a week or less, you can reduce time and games required by about 25%.
    Last edited by Aliessil; 2015-06-29 at 01:00 PM.

Few Days, depends how much u pay and if u get any boost