Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PVP concerns being ignored

Everyone knows they killed pvp with faction imbalance, and probably ashran helped affair bit. But as I look around there seems to be very little being said by blizzard on the subject. Do people think its embarrassment (as there senior management should be) or just inability to come up with answers. Do you think holinka and halitosis (cant remember the guys name) will end up in there bunker taking cyanide tablets before they fess up. Will there be another huge subscription loss, surely there has to be. Does anyone in the Wow answer to anyone, or do profits have to fall dramatically before things change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KillerKm8 View Post
    But as I look around there seems to be very little being said by blizzard on the subject.
    They have repeatedly stated that they are fairly happy with how PvP is right now, but there are always things to improve. See f.e. here - http://www.wowhead.com/news=247202/p...sting-schedule (last question).

I think that speaks for itself.

Naturally blizzard like any company are going to toot their own horn saying everything is great. Personally I cant see how they say this with a straight face when WoW pvp isnt taken seriously on ANY esports scene. One of the fastest growing sports industry's. LoL, dota 2, Call of duty, Fifa, starcraft. All these games have huge esports following and massive tournaments with crowds. WoW pvp is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by KillerKm8 View Post
    Everyone knows they killed pvp with faction imbalance, and probably ashran helped affair bit. But as I look around there seems to be very little being said by blizzard on the subject. Do people think its embarrassment (as there senior management should be) or just inability to come up with answers. Do you think holinka and halitosis (cant remember the guys name) will end up in there bunker taking cyanide tablets before they fess up. Will there be another huge subscription loss, surely there has to be. Does anyone in the Wow answer to anyone, or do profits have to fall dramatically before things change.

I resubbed cause i felt like playing some balance druid, which is totally ungeared. 2 hour ashran qs, says 12 minute bg timer but its usually half an hour. This game is close to unplayable as eu-alliance right now if you only want to pvp. If i want to pvp i have to sit around and do nothing for 30 minutes and if i go afk cause that boring as hell chances of missing a q are fairly high.

Deleted
    Lots of exaggeration as always but I agree that this expansion's PVP is particularly troublesome. It's fun still - which is what it should be about of course - but imbalances as always are rife and taking months to iron them out is more than a little annoying. I play Hunter, Mage and sometimes Warlock and despite the inevitable flaming I am about to get, I will say that it feels much harder playing ranged (possibly with the exception of hunter) after the class-skill-gutting that took place which IMO favoured melee far more than ranged. I realise this is probably a response to the predominance of ranged classes in MOP PVP but slanting things in the opposite direction is still unbalanced - just someone else is on the winning side instead for a change. I'd rather everyone struggle and ensure a reasonable level of equality rather than some classes outright dominating others by skillS not skill.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Naturally blizzard like any company are going to toot their own horn saying everything is great. Personally I cant see how they say this with a straight face when WoW pvp isnt taken seriously on ANY esports scene. One of the fastest growing sports industry's. LoL, dota 2, Call of duty, Fifa, starcraft. All these games have huge esports following and massive tournaments with crowds. WoW pvp is a joke.
    I guess that is why they have made and seemingly put all their effort into HOTS.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Deleted
    Lately Blizz had quite some problems with their own games (SC2 devs are under heavy critic for the 3rd dlc, WoW declining, Diablo 3 was a mess although it is now ok) and it seems their new strategy is to develop (arguably well-done) iterations of already existing games. Hearthstone - TCGs aren't new, MtG was the biggest one until HS came; HotS is of course LoL/DotA in casual; and Overwatch seems like TF2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    Lately Blizz had quite some problems with their own games (SC2 devs are under heavy critic for the 3rd dlc, WoW declining, Diablo 3 was a mess although it is now ok) and it seems their new strategy is to develop (arguably well-done) iterations of already existing games. Hearthstone - TCGs aren't new, MtG was the biggest one until HS came; HotS is of course LoL/DotA in casual; and Overwatch seems like TF2.
    Yep, Blizzard is screwing WoW and turning into Zynga. Must be a new marketing strategy where they realized WoW is too expensive to upkeep at the same level of quality as past expansions, and there is a ton of money to be made from retarded casual games.

Besides the faction imbalance I dont really see what everyone is complaining about.
    Threads about how bursty the game is
    Threads about how slow the game is

Not sure if I would call random bg's and ashran pvp though. If I included those I might see things different but things outside of rated have been a joke since I started to pvp.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caps Lock View Post
    Yep, Blizzard is screwing WoW and turning into Zynga. Must be a new marketing strategy where they realized WoW is too expensive to upkeep at the same level of quality as past expansions, and there is a ton of money to be made from retarded casual games.
    I think WoW was always a big cash cow, but they (Activision) realized that they could make even more money with "micro"-transactions (really nothing is micro about 20€ mounts ) and got greedy.

I'd rather have the burst nature of the game now than the snoozefest of Dampening games every time.

If a substantial amount of people eat more cupcakes instead of cookies then they will make cupcakes top priority. Cookies will always be secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    If a substantial amount of people eat more cupcakes instead of cookies then they will make cupcakes top priority. Cookies will always be secondary.
    So what you're saying is PvP should be getting most resources. Until LFR, less than 15% of the player base ever raided. As much as 54% had end-game PvP achievements and experience.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    I'd rather have the burst nature of the game now than the snoozefest of Dampening games every time.
    Yes, dying without ever playing your character is hella fun.

There's another solution to your dampening issue:

Dont play Cancerbox.

I agree that this expansion's PVP is particularly troublesome.
    Last edited by xleilvparc; 2015-07-01 at 07:40 AM.

Deleted
    2hr Ashran and 15-min BG queues are killing the game for me right now, call me impatient or whatever you will. Arguably there are things to do whilst you wait but I logged in to do some PVP... At least in Tol Barad you had the other half of the island to engage in world pvp when the instanced part was full.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidders View Post
    2hr Ashran and 15-min BG queues are killing the game for me right now, call me impatient or whatever you will. Arguably there are things to do whilst you wait but I logged in to do some PVP... At least in Tol Barad you had the other half of the island to engage in world pvp when the instanced part was full.
    Faction change horde and all the sudden you get instant queues.

The faction imbalance won't change until there is an incentive to go horde over alliance, or a sufficient number of highlevel players go back to playing horde so a bunch of bandwagoners follow them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Naturally blizzard like any company are going to toot their own horn saying everything is great. Personally I cant see how they say this with a straight face when WoW pvp isnt taken seriously on ANY esports scene. ...
    When Greg Street/GC was still at Blizz, there was a YT vid in which he clearly said that WoW will never be an e-sport. It's perhaps not widely known but that's their stance on PvP and is why it gets shoved into the closet.

People make the mistake of assuming that Blizz doesn't know how to fix WoW PvP or are incompetent at it, don't have a clue, etc. It's actually just the opposite - they know exactly what they're doing and it is fully intended to be the way it is.

Of course the Holinka, Lore, Ion band of merry pranksters are going to say everything's great. That's all these lying bastards do now. They're not really gamers, they're corporate stooges looking to hang onto their jobs.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2015-07-01 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Faction change horde and all the sudden you get instant queues.

The faction imbalance won't change until there is an incentive to go horde over alliance, or a sufficient number of highlevel players go back to playing horde so a bunch of bandwagoners follow them.
    It's "all of a sudden". Meaning "all at once". Something can't happen "all at the".
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    When Greg Street/GC was still at Blizz, there was a YT vid in which he clearly said that WoW will never be an e-sport. It's perhaps not widely known but that's their stance on PvP and is why it gets shoved into the closet.

People make the mistake of assuming that Blizz doesn't know how to fix WoW PvP or are incompetent at it, don't have a clue, etc. It's actually just the opposite - they know exactly what they're doing and it is fully intended to be the way it is.

Of course the Holinka, Lore, Ion band of merry pranksters are going to say everything's great. That's all these lying bastards do now. They're not really gamers, they're corporate stooges looking to hang onto their jobs.
    well..... damn. =(
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W