Need advice on.. everything

Hello.

I just got back from a 6months break from WoW and decided to drop my rogue as main and focus on my hunter.

I've played hunter casually since wotlk but now I wanna use it as my main and thus I need advice on pretty much everything. Didn't know which thread to use so I created a new one.

1. I prefer playing marksmanship and beastmaster when soloing. As I understand it survival has been wrecked and is basically useless, but can beastmaster be valid in dungeons and raids?

2. What addons should I get for optimizing my hunter gameplay?

3. I'm using icy veins for guiding me on talents, rotation, stats prio etc etc. Is this site good for this purpose?

Thank you, and sorry if there is a thread for these questions

10+ Year Old Account
    not sure on the first two questions but icey viens is still a great site.

1. Yes. BM for AoE. MM for single target. SV for never because they've destroyed it for no reason. Again.

2. Some sort of damage meter. I have Clique for Misdirecting, but there's probably a better way to do that. Maybe WeakAuras for that awkward Focus Fire thing.

3. Yes. I think it's just Noxxic that everyone hates.

1) SV is absolute trash at the moment, but BM is still playable so long as you realize it isn't best for everything... if you can play marks, you probably should.

2) Honestly the only addon I really need to play my hunter is weak auras 2, there is an amazing focus bar by Clamp that has everything you could ever need.

3) For guides, both Azor and Effin's are always kept up to date and are certainly worth a look over when you have time, they really leave no questions left to ask if you read them.

Happy huntering!

Thanks for the answers, gonna check out those sites you guys mentioned also. I'm not sure about weakauras though, seems complicated but maybe ill give it a try

If you ever used power auras back in the day, it's kinda the same thing-ish. But weak auras is without a doubt the most useful addon for raiding currently. For the focus bar though, you'd just import a string someone else already made, nothing too difficult there.

I downloaded weakauras now and will try to find some good scripts or w/e you'd call them. Also I've checked out Azortharions guide. Really helpful stuff, thanks!