Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's still early and front runners will emerge. That said, as long as the GOP candidates keep saying incredibly ignorant and things attacking minority groups, the Demos have nothing to worry about. The GOP has done far more harm to itself in the past 2 months than any amount of money spent on commercials could do. It will even be more funny in another ~30 years when according to predictions the Hispanic vote will be larger than the Caucasian vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurinaux View Post
    Bernie Sanders...

He's writing checks he can't cash, nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Donald Trump, he is amazing.
    So amazing nbc wants nothing to do with him. They dumped trump. He got fired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    you win the internets!!
    I'd happily take Bill Clinton term 3 - not thrilled about Hillary though. They used to talk about if she could ever step out from her husband's shadow - and I think she legitimately does stand on her own merits now - I'm just apprehensive about what I see. Even though I think the Benghazi nonsense is nonsense, and the email server 'scandal' is silly. She's an authoritarian, she puts corporate interests before people/America, she's the most decorated politician on the stage - but she doesn't represent my interests at all.

I think if it came down to her versus Rand Paul, I'd vote for Paul - though I firmly disagree with much of his policy - just to mix things up. I'm at that nexus where, as a Libertarian Left, I'd sooner agree with the Libertarian Right than the Authoritarian Left.

Or maybe Bernie will overtake Hillary from behind like Barack did
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

No GoP candidate I've seen would be good for the country as the President.

None of them have any good Diplomatic chops, none of them are good speakers, and none of them really espouse middle of the road (despite the fact that whole 'middle' has been yanked far to the conservative side since Reagan) values.

Of course the Democratic Candidate is going to be Clinton, who I like more than what the right is putting forward, but not much. Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren would be preferred, but of course to get anything done you need to get it through the traitorously gerrymandered house and then the senate.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

I don't know if this is shopped or not

I think his handlers told him to wear glasses

He certainly looks presidential

Texas get's 34 electorial votes. California 55! and New York 31.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Imagine if the election becomes Bernie vs. Trump. What a day to be alive.

(Both are in strong second place positions behind the frontrunners)

Jeb Bush and Chris Christie are the only ones that aren't total wachjobs. Christie just seems really corrupt and Bush is named Bush.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

He skyrocketed in New Hampshire. He doesn't really have to win, just needs a platform to tell everyone how Democrats really feel.
    Which is what he's going for. He's a smart dood. He know's he's not going to be president. He does also know that he can gain a whole lot of political power if it looks like he speaks for a really big undercurrent of the party though. Maybe even a better position to get things done than becoming president even.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Republicans would dance for joy if Bernie beats Hillary. Hell, I bet Republicans purchase TV time for Bernie commercials.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Yes--it accelerates unrest in the country.
    Maybe we're far too complacent.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Republicans would dance for joy if Bernie beats Hillary. Hell, I bet Republicans purchase TV time for Bernie commercials.
    Don't get too excited, at this rate Donald Trump is your nominee

While he has the Joke Vote demographic on lockdown, I think when push comes to shove - Americans will take the 'boring and safe' vote (even if that means Bernie), over the 'I could end the Middle East conflict in an afternoon, but I won't tell you my plan until you elect me' guy (Trump).

Santorum, Hucklebee would've been Democrats about 20 years ago.

The best Republican candidate will be an unknown Republican governor of a larger state. If he's unknown, people haven't grown to hate him yet. Candidates from a state almost always win their home state. I think the governor of Texas is running, that's a huge state. I can't remember his name so that's a good sign for him, he has all the prerequisites.
    Who's ass did you pull this shit from? There is no way in hell that the crazy religious nuts would have been part of the Democratic party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bernie makes Hillary look like a Republican. He's too much of an optimist for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Who's ass did you pull this shit from? There is no way in hell that the crazy religious nuts would have been part of the Democratic party.

I think that misconception comes from Reagan - who courted the far right and brought them into the Republican Party. By today's standards, Reagan is a Democrat in terms of much of his policy (apart from some of his financial reform policy which is still ridiculously Right/deregulated even today). Reagan isn't the same as Santorum / Hucklebee / etc, though - he just managed to make them relevant.

In his era, the Republicans were moderates, and the Democrats were Liberals - and the Right Wing was disenfranchised. Now the Left Wing is disenfranchised, the Democrats are moderates, and the Right Wing is conservative/reactionary. So that kind of shift happened - but yea - even back then Hucklebee / Santorum would have just been the disenfranchised Right Wing.

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. It's a clown show.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Don't get too excited, at this rate Donald Trump is your nominee
    No poll I've seen has him favored.
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    Bernie makes Hillary look like a Republican. He's too much of an optimist for me.
    She certainly isn't a liberal. She's very corporate-friendly, if you want to use that term.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    So if the states get together and work with the Legislative Branch to write an amendment to the federal constitution, you think the Judiciary (SCOTUS) could strike it down for being 'unconstitutional'?
    Uh...yes. Absolutely.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    No poll I've seen has him favored.
    He's a pretty solid 2nd place for someone who just entered the race a week or two ago. Plus, most of the long-term predictions say Bush 3 is un-electable just because of the stigma of potentially being a third Bush in office out of the last 5 presidents (he's coasting on name recognition).

If they're right, and Bush falls off as the election approaches - that might leave Trump in the lead come GOP primary time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which poll puts him in second?