Deleted

Angry DPS too low on HELLFIRE ASSAULT

Hello,

Already, i'm sorry but i can't give you my logs because they are privates and i can't access them.

I have a big problem with my dps only on hellfire assault, i play arcane without t17 or t18 with 682 ilvl.

Talent : SN/PC

I'm at the bottom of the ranking in my guilde with 30k dps, ~10% percentile arcane 682 ilvl on askmrrobot
    But on other fights i have 90% + and in the top 5.

Askmrrobot talents tell that players on the top play with SN/PC but on the forum i saw AO/NT better..

Should i go fire without t17 and t18 or stay arcane?

And If someone can give me advise for talents, rotation and other tips...

Please help me, i think i'm doing something wrong.

Thank you !

Deleted
    Go fire, arcane is not viable for such an encounter.

If you wanted to play Arcane on this fight for some reason you would probably want to use Arcane Orb and Nether Tempest, you should not just set your talents once and then leave them the same for every encounter.
    Fire and even Frost will produce much larger numbers for this one though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll re-post what I said over on AT to your question:

I wouldn't pay too close attention to rankings on fights with lots of adds, because the top ranks are always going to be people who can just AoE and not worry about priority target dps. If you really want to AoE and pad, then Fire is going to get you the best dps on that fight.

But Arcane, or Frost, is going to be better for killing the adds that matter. Its not a hard fight, so going crazy with AoE isn’t likely going to cause issues, but someone does have to burst down the right adds quickly and mages have one of the strongest specs for that task. I would definitely use AO over PC on fights like that, because you get more Abarr’s into packs of adds, and you get a lot more AM procs to pour into the priority adds.

On a fight with constant cleave (like Maidens) then I’d go AO/NT, but on a fight with lots of adds that die regularly, NT isn’t going to be as useful. If you’re Arcane on Assault, I’d either use SN or UM, paired with AO.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Its not the best spec for padding, true. But its quite viable for damage on the adds that need to die quickly. Anyone blowing through the fight easily and quickly can AoE to their hearts content, and Fire will be the best at that, but anyone who is actually progressing on this fight should be focused on their single-target damage to the right adds, which Arcane and Frost are way better choices for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    are you serious? can afk that fight and it'll be viable.. The fight is a joke.

On to the "what do" issue OP's asking;
    SN/RoP/AO is your best bet. If you want to whore just to get higher dmg, keep your SN on atleast 1 stack for every mini-add wave.
    Keep your mana high, and 4stack ArB>AO>4stack ArB>AE when u can't SN once of twice on a wave.
    have your RoP's where the small adds spawn, and go on the one u need to to AE if you can't use ArB/SN's.

This is what you do if you actually want to whore dmg meter's, which this fight really isn't about. But here u have it.

Arcane is ALOT more viable than fire on the fight, atleast untill mythic, and probably also then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by siaro View Post
    are you serious? can afk that fight and it'll be viable.. The fight is a joke.

On to the "what do" issue OP's asking;
    SN/RoP/AO is your best bet. If you want to whore just to get higher dmg, keep your SN on atleast 1 stack for every mini-add wave.
    Keep your mana high, and 4stack ArB>AO>4stack ArB>AE when u can't SN once of twice on a wave.
    have your RoP's where the small adds spawn, and go on the one u need to to AE if you can't use ArB/SN's.

This is what you do if you actually want to whore dmg meter's, which this fight really isn't about. But here u have it.

Arcane is ALOT more viable than fire on the fight, atleast untill mythic, and probably also then.

Any RL worth his salt will see your Arcane Explosion pulses and will immediately lock you down for this. With Fire/Frost it's much harder to see whether you're intentionally AOEing or just cleaving good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any RL worth his salt will know you're just AoE'ing if you spec Fire.

Yeah any RL worth their salt will know there's no reason to even be playing Fire unless you are trying to do AOE cleave damage, especially because that's also the only reason you've used it in the past.

Deleted
    Started with Arcane and respec after some tries to frost.
    Arcane is good for burning Siegevehicles or Demons. Thats it. Not more, not less. If u want to pad as Arcane take AO, forget burnphase, build in far more ABarrs and use AE everytime there are enough mobs.
    Will you be viable? Yes!
    Is this the best magespec for this fight? Its the worst.
    As said i switched to frost after some tries and increased my dps (with full masterygear) by ~5k.