Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

I miss this screen in-game

http://www.wowguideonline.com/images...lent-build.jpg

I know some of you do not, but I do. We will never see it again but I do like it better than current.
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

Not this crap again.

I´m glad they´re gone.

I miss that too

7+ Year Old Account
    inb4 "but they gave us so much choice!"

Anyone who actually believes those shitty ass talent trees weren't cookie cutter needs to take off those rose goggles.

I miss this.

What happened to those golden dragons around loot?

Made leveling a lot more interesting, that's for sure. They weren't perfect, but I still think more interesting and entertaining then the current system.

Deleted
    Yeah, it was so awesome to only see half of it at once IG :/
    Like the new concept much more.

Quote Originally Posted by 2hot4you View Post

Anyone who actually believes those shitty ass talent trees weren't cookie cutter needs to take off those rose goggles.
    Exactly.
    How many options were there left after the "correct" build was made.
    If you were lucky you had as many as 10 points, most of which are sunk into several multi-point talents so not even as many as 10 choices.
    More like about 2-3 choices if lucky.

People need to get over this, for it was never as good as it has been made out to be.
    Lots of things to click on does not equal choice.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Made leveling a lot more interesting, that's for sure. They weren't perfect, but I still think more interesting and entertaining then the current system.
    You knew from level 1 potentially what you would get and in what sequence.
    There was nothing interesting about knowing your fixed choice many levels in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Remember this one?
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by 2hot4you View Post

I pretty much stopped playing at the start of WoD, but the talents were still cookie cutter in pve at least (unless you were doing that LFR shit lol). I'd venture to say the same was true for pvp too (especially arena). The old system required some brain power though, and because of that, it is forever hated by some folks.

it didn't require brain power. We did the same thing we do now, we go to a web site and they say these are the choices. the only difference is how many times you have to click each box so you get 5/5 and 3/5....yes so much brain power....

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Not this crap again.

I´m glad they´re gone.
    Yes of course you are. Right on queue
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

They were good at the time, but I'm glad they're gone now. There was never really any choice with those talents.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was awful garbage

good riddance.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

The only thing I miss about them is "ding! Ooo, what do I get?" Which is what perks were suppose to be but then they cut them in half at the last minute.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

15+ Year Old Account
    It was feedback from the community that got the talent trees removed.

Now elements of that same community wants them back.

Quote Originally Posted by Senistian View Post
    it didn't require brain power. We did the same thing we do now, we go to a web site and they say these are the choices. the only difference is how many times you have to click each box so you get 5/5 and 3/5....yes so much brain power....
    "I have to look up what spec to use on a website because I can't think of a spec to create myself". I think the "brain power" thing comes from actually picking one that works for you on your own lol. Like I said, some hated it for that reason tho.

But personally I thought the idea of either having to opt for more damage, or go for more survivability, or more utility, and then dealing with the pro's and con's of that stuff was a lot more interesting then just having blizzard do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Soliden View Post
    They were good at the time, but I'm glad they're gone now. There was never really any choice with those talents.
    You mean like now? You have to pick one talent on a line with three that all do the same thing really. The old way could have been done better, the current way is just generic vanilla bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Remember this one?
    What's there to remember? It still exists, you just need to manually fix it, unless they've included the fix by now, no idea, the last time I used it was like 3 months ago.

Deleted
    Currently talent trees are a bastardy of the older model. How can you call it a talent tree, if it even does not have branches?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rifter View Post
    It was feedback from the community that got the talent trees removed.

Now elements of that same community wants them back.
    Actually, it was Blizzard that decided to change things, just for the sake of change. Just like levelling. Just like with the healing triage model.