Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Any reason why locks minions have only 150K HP vs Hunter over 450K HP?

During a raid yesterday I used (improved) Infernal for AOE fight in Hellfire. I disabled the taunt and I let him lose to kick some ass, on the contrary it kept dying almost within a few seconds. I re-summoned him a few times and then I just gave up. I clicked on my pet name and only saw the value up to 157K HP. I focus a hunter and click on his pet and it was showing 435K hp. Am I missing something? Thanks!

It's a design artifact from a time when blizzards philosophy on hunters vs warlocks was: permanent friend/companion vs. expendable slave. Voidwalkers are the only tanky pet we have because the other pets are designed to survive on their mitigated AoE damage. I'd be grateful for that, we used to be stuck using a phase shifted imp on some fights.

If i'm not mistaken Improved Infernals have a taunt (that you disabled) and an autocast skill that increases THREAT. You may have left that active.

As for the HP, the only thing that comes to mind is sacrificial pact. Still a stupid reason anyways, but I don't care that much for their HP, it's very rare that they die unless they aggro things, and that's not a problem with the HP =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyklone View Post
    During a raid yesterday I used (improved) Infernal for AOE fight in Hellfire. I disabled the taunt and I let him lose to kick some ass, on the contrary it kept dying almost within a few seconds. I re-summoned him a few times and then I just gave up. I clicked on my pet name and only saw the value up to 157K HP. I focus a hunter and click on his pet and it was showing 435K hp. Am I missing something? Thanks!
    BM pets get all the pet skills, including the one that increases their hp by a huge margin.

"designed to survive on their mitigated AoE damage" but INFERNAL is more of an up-in-your-face damage minion and thus gets on the mobs face and such when the INFERNAL is close to a handful of mobs and they all put bleeds or anything around them blizz's so much mitigated AOE damage for your pet is well not so much mitigated. Maybe I am missing something here, but what is the point of the INFERNAL if he has no damage mitigation for AOE in certain fights?

Void = Tank (ok I get it)
    Imp = anyone uses this guy anymore?
    Succy = Sucks / sacrifice
    imp / observer = pvp / affliction (AOE blows)
    felguard = AOE > 5 mobs = dead
    infernal = AOE > 5 mobs = dead
    doomguard = single target

EDIT: I did not want to delete the above wall of text so I'll add the rest below:
    "autocast skill that increases THREAT" this is fair to assume that it most likely was the case, but on the same time - it states that it attacks the mobs you attack and generates more threat, therefore how can he pick up that much threat to pass the Tanks threat with only a few hits.

Maybe the new spawned mobs as they were coming in, probably first hit on the infernal, prior to the tank hitting them once. Ok thanks guys still, blizz should consider adding some more HP on the infernal to handle the one hit shots from mobs in a raid.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Cyklone; 2015-06-30 at 05:26 PM.

Infernal has passive mitigation of 20% and AoE mitigation.
    What it does not have is armor to tank things, and it's damage sucks, stick with the doomguard if you're using servitude, unless there's like 10 mobs that will last forever.

- - - Updated - - -

Imp = used a LOT in 6.1. Now sacrifice has taken over this tier. Supremacy pets used to have almost the same dmg, so the faster target swaping of Imp made it a solid choice.
    Felguard = great demon overall, just don't let it get aggro.
    Infernal = useless overall (undertuned much).

Warlock pets enjoy healing from the locks damage via soul link and damage reduction with the soul leech shield. When I do anything with my voidwalker outside of raids its health isnt an issue as long as i can keep up halfway decent damage on the target. Hunter pets i find gets the snot knocked out of them way too easy lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Warlock pets enjoy healing from the locks damage via soul link and damage reduction with the soul leech shield. When I do anything with my voidwalker outside of raids its health isnt an issue as long as i can keep up halfway decent damage on the target. Hunter pets i find gets the snot knocked out of them way too easy lol.
    Hunters can heal their pet with the click of a button and what if you are destro?

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Hunters can heal their pet with the click of a button and what if you are destro?
    You dont need much healing to be honest. If the voidlord is taking that much damage then that hunters pet would be toast just the same even with its crappy heal.

I was trying to point out the issue with INFERNO and not the issue with the VW. The reason being is that INFERNO is supposed to be our AOE pet, yet it dies so quick on AOE multi adds fights.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I can't wait until you find out about Spirit Link and just how much better Mend Pet is than Health Funnel.
    Last edited by Tya; 2015-07-01 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    I can't wait until you find out about Spirit Link and just how much better Mend Pet is than Health Funnel.
    Have a 698 hunter and his pet needs.....eh fuck it. There is a reason for the large health gaps and I'll leave it at that.

It is quite fair to say infernals are significantly undertuned in both survival and damage. They are a premier pet and neither cleave/aoe nor tank well whatsoever. They really have no situation in the game where you would use them. A servitude version should easily outcleave the felguard, out single target everything but the doomguard, and be slightly tankier than the voidlord. If the premier pet doesn't fill its role then its fubar....just like when a single dot would out threat the VW. Mend pet + spirit bond >> health funnel + spirit shell. (or talented ember tap for that matter if you are destro). Ever try to kill a hunter pet in pvp? Compare that feat to a lock pet and we can talk.

Yeah basically don't use the Infernal. The rest of the pets die rarely in raids so it's not really an issue.

Deleted
    The best thing I've found infernals to do is AoE tank weak mobs, for example when pulling AoE packs in HoF when soloing. Shame they got rid of portal debuff to drop all threat forever

Deleted
    Wait, how come a hunter's pet has 450k hp? Pretty sure that then the hunter would have like a million hp. Not even tanks have a mil hp.

probably because of sacrificial pact

Deleted
    becos huntar is the most played class for epic 360 noscoping power. him pet there 4 take flak from mad scrubz in ppv.

No but really, probably because Sac Pact is already very strong with the glyph. Altho they could nerf that and buff the HP of demons.

Quote Originally Posted by landria View Post
    probably because of sacrificial pact
    Irrelevant. You could double pet hp and half sac pact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Irrelevant. You could double pet hp and half sac pact.
    then that nerfs sacrifice sac pact