Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    I had one of my alts running in Auchenai. We start the dungeon, and we were in it a minute before I realized the tank was not wearing any gear.
    Last time I went into a heroic, the tank came in mostly naked (had a weapon and shield on), but the tank doesn't ask others to take off their gear (he just wants to show off).

Probably a new kiddie fad.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by Palemaster View Post
    I would have kicked the developer who made it possible. Then again the community can't really handle more, so players are stuck with this.
    Tru enuff. So much of the community is heirloom-fortified. Survival mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    In TBC high-geared pallies would sometimes have a problem where they weren't taking enough damage to require enough healing to regenerate enough mana to keep threat. The solution was to remove a piece of armour, usually the pants.
    oh god I remember this... b/c even in raids as a Ret you would run out of mana so easily and your only source of mana back was getting healed... blood elf paladins and their blood seal... while alliance got seal of vengeance lol

I run dungeons naked all the time. This one time I had left my webcam on which was interesting, but otherwise, people in the group do not know.

7+ Year Old Account
    I used to do this to make the run more engaging. But then I quickly switched to just pulling the entire dungeon at once.

Have you ever seen a tank go afk for 10 mins, but you can't kick him b/c his guildie is the healer and keeps saying no to the vote? Because that happened to me in the first Timewalking dungeon. PUGs are such a pain.

I also tried to kick the healer but that did not pass either. Waste of time. Then we wiped instantly when the tank returned from being afk. Figures.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Oooh man I've been waiting for this! Back on March 28th 2012 I had just started really getting into "legitimate WoW" for the first time. Learning group content rather than soloing everything, etc. Tanks weren't always good at their job but this guy was going for it all the way.
    That was bad, but wait until some trolls -- Warrior tank in a pink dress and his buddies -- trolls an instance.

I h-a-t-e-d guild groups in Cata as they were the ones who pulled that crap. Random strangers could troll instances with pulling bosses but they would get kicked. Guild groups forced players to leave -- 45 minutes lost for DPS -- as 3 or 4 of them were in such a group.

Nasty critters I'd remain in group but teleport out and ignore their raging (couldn't kick out of instance). Waste my time, I'll waste their time (bonus if they left first raging screaming they'll report to Blizzard too).
    Last edited by Kevyne-Shandris; 2015-06-30 at 06:38 PM.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Quote Originally Posted by thebelltolleth View Post
    Tru enuff. So much of the community is heirloom-fortified. Survival mode.
    I wasn't talking about heirlooms, I'm talking about dungeons (and pretty much all non-raid/rated PvP) being ridiculously easy so running them naked is easily doable.

I remember warrior tanks not getting enough rage, so they'd unequip gear so they could keep threat.
    I also ran kara in BC in nearly all cosmetic gear (but wore Rings, weapons, fashionable hats), but we wiped when we hit curator. He hit too hard for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    Yeah damn them for being able to unequip gear.
    More like damn the dev who made dungeons that can be cleared nude.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
    I had one of my alts running in Auchenai. We start the dungeon, and we were in it a minute before I realized the tank was not wearing any gear. Then about 3 minutes in, the tank asks everybody to take some gear off. Two other characters basically stripped down to very little gear. The healer and I ( a ret pally ) stayed in full gear.

We weren't dying at all, but we were taking forever to kill stuff. So, I asked why they decided to do this, as I had never seen anybody do this before, and I got an answer like "Dude, people have been doing this for a long time".

Well, I have played since about the 1st month of WoW, and have never seen anything like that in a dungeon. Sure, I have seen similar in cities, but never in a dungeon.

Is this common?
    used to do this kinda stuff a fair bit in wrath (towards the end), in my blue dress, just dress weapon, trinktets, neck, rings and see how many random pugs i could beat tank was always a guildie who was aas geared as i was (hc rading at the time), it was fun and dunnies were still super quick

Obvious troll is obvious... I mean the tank, for saying that.

7+ Year Old Account
    The players in your group were using a cosmetic item; a toy called "moroe's polish," or something like that. It gives the appearance of playing with no gear, but they actually had full armor and were trolling you and any other people that were silly enough to take their gear off.

For those that don't understand-it would be impossible finish a heroic dungeon with zero items equipped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only time I've seen people play naked is if they're either bad or recently got hacked.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    More like damn the dev who made dungeons that can be cleared nude.
    Any dungeon can be cleared nude if you're brave enough.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Any dungeon can be cleared nude if you're brave enough.
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I see, tell me more..
    Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    If I had the cash to pay a DDoSer, I would in a heartbeat. Especially with the way the anti-legacy crowd has been attacked by the pro-legacy crowd day in and day out.

Quote Originally Posted by -Skye View Post
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I see, tell me more..
    Bring a Discipline Priest using Clarity of Will. Remove all gear. Become Justice.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted

Garrosh lfr wipes<3 Just best to unequip gear to prevent repairs^^

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred the Hunter View Post
    Did this sporadically during LK through Cataclysm with a group of friends. We also did raids by taking off various pieces of gear.

Context: It all started out as a joke when I was tanking and my friend started (jokingly) complaining that I wasn't taking any damage so I started removing gear piece by piece until all I was left with was my weapon.
    I used to prank my guildies with this all the time. I'm a bear tank, so you can't exactly SEE whether or not I'm wearing armor. Starting in WOTLK, I'd slowly take off one piece of armor at a time and see how long it took for the healer to notice. The record was all armor pieces gone except for my helm, trinks and weapon.

But I'd never do this in a PUG. I think that's inconsiderate. The extra challenge can be fun to me, but it's not fair to take away others' fun at my expense. It's no different than the DPS that pull for the tank because they think he's going too slow, or the healers who decide to dungeon in DPS spec because they think they're leet enough (hint: they usually aren't).

Sig by Isilrien

I used to take off a bunch of gear back in WoTLK whenever we would encounter an under geared tank in LFD.

Back in TBC, some folks in my guild on off nights, used to get drunk and strip their toons down naked then go run them through old world content for shits and giggles.