Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I main a warlock, i've grown to hate people telling me to summon them after i made the effort to be there. Ive reached the point where the only time i will ever put up a summon stone is in a guild raid if we need to bring people in. I don't even summon guildies that are too lazy to head to the raid.

If you spam me with /w of "123" or "summon me" i already hate you.

Hah, yeah. "Slow DPS!" always makes me laugh.

I mean, I'll slow. I just tag then stop. But the 38 other people nuking away, not so much.

whats more anoying are the troll grps that list themselves and the rares not there

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    whats more anoying are the troll grps that list themselves and the rares not there
    Or the people that claim it's dead on general when it's still alive, just to stop people from coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is in the end Blizzards fault. They made Tanaan Jungle kind of similar to Timeless Island.

Timeless Island was at the time the worst idea they ever had and it was a community killer. And no wonder, you spent 99% of the time on that island running between dead rares. And now, we have a repeated area, slightly "better" cause no "Need a bigger bag" achievement, but still really really bad.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

The people that nuke down the Hellbane rares are the same people that have never camped anything before. When I killed Poundfist we waited for all 40 people to get there including a dipshit Rogue that took 5 years to get there. My friend's Poundfist group went the same way to; they waited for everyone to get there. I know for this it's probably not as meaningful since the rares are like an hour respawn or something, but still. If you see people are close by on the map you should wait instead of going full balls to the wall ham. I just tag with Mindflay or Drain Soul and back off. I'm glad I got my 3 mounts, and 3 exalted reps, so I don't have to deal with that shit anymore.
    Last edited by muto; 2015-07-08 at 04:32 PM.

Of course you should wait. Some people are just jerks. There's no way to fix that, all we non-jerks can do is not contribute to the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Iflash View Post
    Or the people that claim it's dead on general when it's still alive, just to stop people from coming.
    thats new on me never seen that one

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    Hi everyone.

So the four big Tanaan rares... there are full raids forming in a matter of seconds to get them down, and in 20 seconds them rares be dead.
    Then it starts...
    "WTF WHY DID YOU NOT WAIT FOR ME"
    "FFS IDIOTS"
    "W8 W8 W8"
    ...and even: "DISGUSTING PIGS"

It isn't a sane community behaviour to nuke the hell outta something just to get done quickly when people aren't there... but I don't think it's a sane behaviour also to expect 39 strangers to help you while you get there from the other side of the world.
    You want the kill? You know the community; you know they won't wait. Get at the spawn place and find a group. Not the opposite.

I guess I'm just tired of listening to random slurs from random people that don't even take the hassle to be there for the kill before mayhem starts.
    People are stupid, whats new?

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Same with the rares out in the world like poundfist.

There is always some cunt who cant wait for a few mins and pulls then everyone scared that they will miss out let rip and down goes the rare.

Ive learnt not to care and im just waiting till i get flying to farm the rest of the hellbane mounts so if i see them pop up im there.

I'd say it isn't sane to wait for yet another member of "me-generation" while a full raid of people are waiting.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Of course you should wait. Some people are just jerks. There's no way to fix that, all we non-jerks can do is not contribute to the problem.
    No, you shouldnt be forced to wait. If you aren't smart enough to go to the area first then join a group, thats your own fault.

Get your ass over to the area where the rare spawns, join group finder, join the group, kill it. Move to the next one.

No one "deserves" to be waited on and you are just being selfish. There is no problem other than self-entitled snots thinking that they somehow are able to demand that a group of 40 people wait for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    When killing rares today I was quite irritated by the number of people that told us to summon them when they joined the group. Read: "told," not "asked."
    Either way, tell them to be smart and join the group when they are actually at the rare spot next time.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Behold the reason I just kill it solo, at this point in WoW I am completely in "fuck other players" mindset. If they aren't in my guild they aren't worth my time. Blizzard has lured in too many special needs players.

Quote Originally Posted by tj119 View Post
    Behold the reason I just kill it solo, at this point in WoW I am completely in "fuck other players" mindset. If they aren't in my guild they aren't worth my time. Blizzard has lured in too many special needs players.
    Someone should add this description to wikipedia under keyword "Generation Z".
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

The frustrating part is that the Hellbane mobs do a zone-wide alert, yet their health scaling is such that they'll typically be killed before you can traverse the zone (even using Aviana's Feather). Contrast this to the other zone-wide alert (Blood Moon) which takes several minutes, minimum, to complete, even if people swarm it.

It'd probably be nice if the zone-wide spawning alert was about a 90-second warning or so before they become attackable. It wouldn't be a long wait, yet it'd give people who are really on the ball the chance to get there without having to be too lucky with where they are in the zone. I suppose it'll be better once flying's available, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyn View Post
    The frustrating part is that the Hellbane mobs do a zone-wide alert, yet their health scaling is such that they'll typically be killed before you can traverse the zone (even using Aviana's Feather). Contrast this to the other zone-wide alert (Blood Moon) which takes several minutes, minimum, to complete, even if people swarm it.

It'd probably be nice if the zone-wide spawning alert was about a 90-second warning or so before they become attackable. It wouldn't be a long wait, yet it'd give people who are really on the ball the chance to get there without having to be too lucky with where they are in the zone. I suppose it'll be better once flying's available, though.
    Orrr get to the spawn point and join a different group.

Seriously, its not hard.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The idea that the rest of the raid should wait for a handful of players who can't be assed to do the easiest requirement of simply being there or in the immediate area don't deserve the kill. They're not exactly rare spawns as groups show up many times throughout the day so it's not like camping Poundfist.

A reasonable player would think 'Hey, I'm at the Iron Front. Maybe I should check group finder for Terrorfist!' or 'Now that my dailies are done, I should go camp specific bosses and wait for a group to form'. It seems to be catching on but most groups still have these players who feel they deserve everything to be handed to them at the cost of everyone else wasting time.

It's not a matter of the community being dicks but rather the expectation that if you want something, you should be prepared for it.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Nintendo Chalmers View Post
    It's not a matter of the community being dicks but rather the expectation that if you want something, you should be prepared for it.
    Nope, they're being dicks.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, okay. If you want something, you should expect everyone else to bow down and give it to you because you cannot be bothered to put in the bare minimum effort.

Gotcha.

I guess the three Hellbane kills I got since that post don't count since I actually camped and waited at the spawn point rather than demand it be handed to me.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2015-07-08 at 08:57 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Nope, they aren't. You are just being lazy.