Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Why? So people can wish for the old one back? See Ghostcrawler.
    Just saying it could be "big hit with most fans", as the title of this thread asks.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Tweaking of the transmog system. Unlock the skin of a piece of armour, instead of having to hang on to that armour piece forever if you want to use it to mog. My bank and void storage is ready to burst.

I would love to see a dye system and I think a lot of other people would too, even though I don't see it happening.

Improvements to armour, so that they don't just look like a skin painted over your character (or a tube wrapped around your char, in the case of robes). Looking at the amazing armour sets and variation in other online games, WoW is really lacking here.

I would like to see the dev team just TWEAK a system that hasn't been well received, instead of flipflopping from one extreme to the other. And stop removing systems that are working well.
    eg: the amount of dailies, and gating access to VP items behind faction reputations that you could only gain from dailies in MoP. I hated this system, personally. So did a lot of other people, based on feedback I saw (although I acknowledge that a lot of people liked it too).
    Blizzard solution: No dailies in WoD (at least with the release content) and no more VP or JP....
    I really think the better option is to give an element of choice:
    - Plenty of reputation dailies for those who like running them.
    - Reintroduce tabards that can be equipped in dungeons to increase your standing with the faction associated with the tabard, for those who prefer running dungeons to running daily quests. Or if you like to do some of both.
    - Reintroduce VP and JP, or a similar system, or tweak the Apexis system so players have multiple gearing paths and a way to counter bad luck with drops.
    So yeah, instead of going off half-cocked EVERYONE HATED THIS LETS SCRAP IT COMPLETELY! Adjust and tweak... think about systems that people were actually happy with and think worked well. Offer a choice.

Major content patches that actually contain major content. Not asking for a raid every patch, but should be some actual content: New dungeons, or new arena/battleground, or new questing hub.

Expand on current character customisation options.

Side-kicking or mentoring system. That was something I enjoyed about GW2, being able to explore and complete zones that you missed while levelling and not completely annihilating everything in your path, or being able to level up with a mate and it didn't really matter if one of you was 20 levels higher. Be nice to see an optional system like that in WoW.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Thing is, Op asked for a feature that pretty much everyone would like. I haven't seen one yet in this thread that hasn't been praised by some, and knocked by others.

Conclusion. They can't. Agreed they should make sure what they do do is top notch, but in terms of adding new things, there will always been critics/supporters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Effbee View Post
    Thing is, Op asked for a feature that pretty much everyone would like. I haven't seen one yet in this thread that hasn't been praised by some, and knocked by others.

Conclusion. They can't. Agreed they should make sure what they do do is top notch, but in terms of adding new things, there will always been critics/supporters.
    There will always be two poles, with most views between the two.

And no company can eliminate their critics completely, either -- not even Stalin, with all those purges, could stop his critics.

It's just a fact of life.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Nothing.

Most of the player base is too cynical nowadays.
    People will always find something to moan about or hate on when it comes to this game.

- Player housing
    - Subraces
    - More customization
    - Dye system
    - Better story

A new engine
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Picture-in-picture friends list. Sort of a twitch stream within the structure of the game. A friends list where I can click on them and pull up a small window inside the game interface that streams to me what they are experiencing in real time. If they are raiding, I can follow along while I play at the same time. Instead of sending video, it uses the game engine so it just sends me their data stream. So this would be like a data stream capture on Blizzard's side. Players could use this tech to race each other in solo and team play, such as leveling races, or 5 man races. Blizzard could also offer special event data feeds to view, such as world first boss kills, or challenge mode leaderboard runs.
    Am I the only one who thinks this sounds AMAZING!?

Quote Originally Posted by D-angeL View Post
    Obvious choice: a dye system.

people love transmog, i haven't seen people running around without it since introduction. recoloring your gear would take that to a whole new level!

could be tied into a secondary profession
    Something like that is worked on right now. Mentioned one of the interviews last week.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Something like that is worked on right now. Mentioned one of the interviews last week.
    they talked about diablo transmog, which means the way the items are stored. When you get an item it simply unlocks that look in a menu and you don't have to keep the item.

I don't believe they talked about dyes at all if memory serves. Would be pleased if you have a link to them talking about that though.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Dance studio.
    Everyone having an Artifact equals nobody having one.

- Real housing - a small, highly customisable house plot in a location of players choice.
    - Dye system, which really is required for transmog system to work perfectly.
    - Shared account bank.
    - Cancel all restrictions on transmog. Yes, that means clothie would be able to use plate looks and vice versa.
    - 3d chest models. Look at Thralls chest armor to understand what I'm talking about if you have no clue.

I would also love to have some innovative system which allows players to continue developing their characters after they reach level cap. Something not gear related.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Being able to transmog white items. Being able to transmog one armor tier down, so plate can mog to mail, mail to leather etc. Also a hide shoulder option.

Defection Quests allowing horde/alliance races to change faction.

Restore the "have group will travel" perk

Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    Why stick to the features that isn't about play styles for more universal acceptance -- e.g., bank and bag QoL features.
    Because when that tv add comes up for the new expansion it will show off this amazing bag feature live on tv. Such a big hit that people will surely buy it.

A fourth spec for all classes and a Druid graphical update would be absolutely explosively popular.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're looking for a big feature a'la Garrisons, you won't find one.

For everyone two people that like a big feature, you can find one very vocally whining about it.

Hell, even a system you'd THINK everyone would want like dyes will probably result in people saying "more reason for the art team to not try."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Mythic 10-man.
    Luls, yeh be a hit for lilke 50k people maybe.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Player housing
    Aesthetic customization