Looking to buy 1440p monitor

Hey all,
    I'm looking to buy a 1440p monitor. I live in Australia. 27" maximum is what I'm after, I plan to run three of these. Just looking for suggestions on which ones. I have a couple in mind, but looking for other peoples opinions.

Suggestions on triple monitor stands would be greatly appreciate also. With the monitors, I have one in mind, but im unable to even find ergotech in Australia... : ( ...

Thanks

Pidgeot12

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd go with either
    BenQ GW2765HT or Dell U2515H. Both are VESA compliant and so you can use the stands but I don't know much about those. >.>

Didn't even know BenQ had IPS monitors, haha.
    I'm kind of thinking Dell U2715H. I'm pretty firm on going 27" for 1440p. Don't want to go to a 25" but I will definitely be looking into that one as a suggestion. Thanks for your input Remilia : )
    Last edited by Pidgeot12; 2015-07-01 at 06:00 AM.

Deleted
    I have my trusty Dell 3008WFP, best thing i ever had and looks totally badass!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pidgeot12 View Post
    Didn't even know BenQ had IPS monitors, haha.
    I'm kind of thinking Dell U2715H. I'm pretty firm on going 27" for 1440p. Don't want to go to a 25" but I will definitely be looking into that one as a suggestion. Thanks for your input Remilia : )
    BenQ is famous for their gaming monitors, yes, but they do own their own panel manufacturing company, AUO. The GW2765HT is an AHVA that they produced a couple years back which in all practicality performs like an IPS. Since AUO can't manufacture IPS without having some patent issues, they made their own, similar to Samsung and more recently Sharp has been having fun in the PC/Laptop panel displays, albeit in the higher end.

U2715H is also decent, it's just a bit pricier than the ones I mentioned for the 2560x1440.
    It's about a $100 difference in the US, but in AU it's a $200-250~ difference in AUD.

Yea, I definitely noticed the price difference. I'm going to do a bit of research on the BenQ monitor tonight and see what I can come up with. I plan to buy 3, so its going be quite the pretty penny for them.

Thanks for your help Remilia, its greatly appreciative.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OP, are you opposed to going 21:9 aspect ratio and having a monitor with the resolution of 3440x1440, possibly also curved?

Trust me, it's awesome.

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    OP, are you opposed to going 21:9 aspect ratio and having a monitor with the resolution of 3440x1440, possibly also curved?

Trust me, it's awesome.
    Couldn't agree more. Same height as a 27" just much wider. However if you are looking at a triple wide set up it won't be quite equal to that. That said, the Dell u2515h is also an amazing monitor at 25" and much cheaper than the 27" version. Best part is for a multi-monitor setup the bezels are very narrow compared to most others.

As a comparison with the U3415h and U2515h.

Desktop: i7 6700k @ 4.8GHz | MSI 1080ti Gaming X | EVGA Classified K | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw V @ 3200MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) Micron 2TB SSD (Games) | Seasonic 750W Titanium | Corsair 750D | Acer x34 Predator Benq PD3200U
    HIDevolution NP9877 Laptop: Delidded i7 8700k @ 4.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 1080 | 16GB G.Skill @ 2946MHz | Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (OS) 2x 500GB SSDs (Games) | 1440p 120HZ GSync Display

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whoa. That's a difference between a 34" and a 25"?

Damn, they're closer than one would expect...
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Whoa. That's a difference between a 34" and a 25"?

Damn, they're closer than one would expect...
    It's the angle they're in.

Hey DeltrusDisc,

I've used my mates LG 34UC97, I liked it, but at the same time I don't. Hard to explain : ( ( . I also watch tv shows/movies etc on the monitor. Don't know one would hold up, might go use my mates a bit and have another look. : )

https://www.asus.com/us/Monitors/MG279Q/

This is what has my eye currently. The freesync/1440p/144hz/4ms/IPS-like display has me hooked. I suppose it helps that I have a 295x2 with a driver issue that specifically makes v-sync unusable, so I really want freesync.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you have a bit to spend, maybe consider the ASUS PG278Q. It might be useful because it has a refresh rate of 144hz and it supports G-SYNC, tho it depends on the kind of games you play. Not that many games support FPS rates of 144 to warrant the extra cash for 144hz, and you need insane gear to reach those frame rates at 1440p.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdqTIfNv2DE
    Last edited by Skytip; 2015-07-02 at 10:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got myself Acer G257HU less than a month ago - it is a budget IPS 1440p screen, you can have one for as low as $260.

I must say it is pretty awesome, screen itself is outright amazing - it is actually the same panel as Dell U2515H (which costs a "mere" $150 more), it also features thin bezels and seems to have good factory setup. Mine came with no dead pixels and there is very minimal IPS glow, it has Displayport and HDMI support.

The bad parts are:

1. Shitty Speakers, but honestly who cares, it's not a damn TV.
    2. Very basic stand, you can't adjust height and it has no VESA mounts.

Other than that, it's a frikkin steal, especially since the panel used is really good and you can have 3 of those without breaking a bank.