Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

What do you think of Trump statement about Mexico?

When Trump announced he is in for 2016 presidential race, he said this about Mexico:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best,” Trump said. “They’re not sending you… They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.”

He also said that Mexico is not our friend and he will build a wall a make mexico pay for it. Can he win with this rhetoric?

10+ Year Old Account
    To put it short, I think Trump is retarded.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump is as biggotly ignorant as the mass majority of his party, and he craves attention.

Well apparently GOPs like what he says. He is gaining grounds and polling very well in Iowa and New Hampshire

I am wondering when he proposes to move those people to China. I think in his world view this would solve all of americas problems.

If I was a politician, I would say stuff like that as well. The greatest part of any polulation are morons, and I'd be going for the big slice of the cake.

Deleted
    I think Trump is mad as a hatter and nothing he says should be taken seriously.

Do you think Mexican doctors and lawyers are the ones jumping the fence? He's an asshole but he has a point

Deleted
    The they are rapist part remembers me of a certain someone but don't make it about sweden and immigration please.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Do you think Mexican doctors and lawyers are the ones jumping the fence? He's an asshole but he has a point
    Gets totally lost in the mean spirited bile that is the rest of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    and I came here thinking this was a Hearthstone thread
    Intel® Pentium® Processor 90 MHz | 8MB RAM | 750MB IDE HDD | 800x600 Colour 15" CRT Monitor | Windows 95

Deleted
    Nice and balanced
    Exactly what the us political scenario needs

While he is right to some extent, blaming the country as a whole is being ignorant. I am Mexican myself born in the US after my parents waited and went through the process to get citizenship. The poor from Mexico are told that if they go North to America, they will find better paying jobs, better lifestyle, and an all around better future for their family, that is why so many come here. I may be Mexican but the one thing I do hate about my own people is how they can make their way over here, get paid under the table (even if it less than minimum wage), not pay into the tax system BUT get government help in return, then head back home or send the money back home and give their family back in Mexico a decent lifestyle. All it does is making the US seem like chumps who can get taken advantage of their system, which is partially true.

I know most people want illegals to get sent back to wherever they came from, but the sad truth is the reason we have a comfortable lifestyle is because of them. Low wages = low cost to the consumer (thats why outsourcing is so popular). Although, if the government made the process to become a citizen a bit better known to foreign countries and did not easily pamper them when they made foot here, perhaps more foreigners would go through the process and become a citizen and perhaps pay into the system. Below is an example i heard and found the internet which might piss you off but know it is the truth

JOE Legal vs. JOSE Illegal
    You have two families: "Joe Legal" and "Jose Illegal". Both families have two parents, two children, and live in
    California ..
    Joe Legal works in construction, has a Social Security Number and makes $25.00 per hour with taxes
    deducted.
    Jose Illegal also works in construction, has NO Social Security Number, and gets paid $15.00 cash "under the
    table".

Ready? Now pay attention....
    - Joe Legal: $25.00 per hour x 40 hours = $1000.00 per week, or $52,000.00 per year. Now take 30% away for
    state and federal tax; Joe Legal now has $31,231.00.
    - Jose Illegal: $15.00 per hour x 40 hours = $600.00 per week, or $31,200.0 0 per year. Jose Illegal pays no
    taxes. Jose Illegal now has $31,200.00.
    - Joe Legal pays medical and dental insurance with limited coverage for his family at $600.00 per month, or
    $7,200.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $24,031.00.
    - Jose Illegal has full medical and dental coverage through the state and local clinics and emergency hospitals at
    a cost of $0.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $31,200.00.
    - Joe Legal makes too much money and is not eligible for food stamps or welfare. Joe Legal pays $500.00 per
    month for food, or $6,000.00 per year. Joe Legal now has $18,031.00.
    -Jose Illegal has no documented income and is eligible for food stamps, WIC and welfare. Jose Illegal still has
    $31,200.00.
    - Joe Legal pays rent of $1,200.00 per month, or $14,400.00 per year. Joe Legal now has 9,631 .00.
    - Jose Illegal receives a $500.00 per month Federal Rent Subsidy. Jose Illegal pays out that $500.00 per month,
    or $6,000.00 per year. Jose Illegal still has $ 31,200.00.
    - Joe Legal pays $200.00 per month, or $2,400.00 for car insurance. Some of that is uninsured motorist
    insurance. Joe Legal now has $7,231.00.
    - Jose Illegal says, "We don't need no stinkin' insurance!" and still has $31,200.00.
    - Joe Legal has to make his $7,231.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, etc..
    - Jose Illegal has to make his $31,200.00 stretch to pay utilities, gasoline, and what he sends out of the country
    every month..
    - Joe Legal now works overtime on Saturdays or gets a part time job after work.
    - Jose Illegal has nights and weekends off to enjoy with his family.
    - Joe Legal's and Jose Illegal's children both attend the same elementary school. Joe Legal pays for his
    children's lunches, while Jose Illegal's children get a government sponsored lunch. Jose Illegal's children have
    an after school ESL program. Joe Legal's children go home.

Now, when they reach college age, Joe Legal's kids may not get into a State School and may not qualify for
    scholarships, grants or other tuition help, even though Joe has been paying for State Schools through his taxes,
    while Jose Illegal's kids "go to the head of the class" because they are a minority.
    Joe Legal and Jose Illegal both enjoy the same police and fire services, but Joe paid for them and Jose did not
    pay

I read an article recently of a Mexican student graduating from a college in San Diego and as she walked for her graduation she carried the Mexican flag, thanking the US Population for allowing her, an illegal resident, to have an easy and free ride through college by which natural US students could not qualify for.

Sorry for the wall of text but....hope you read it

Trump's campaign is all about name recognition, I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually aware of how ignorant some of his statements sound. As wildly unpopular as he already is, its not like he's actually concerned about bad press, so long as its press.

Quote Originally Posted by Triginhil View Post
    Ready? Now pay attention....
    Pure comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Pure comedy.
    Are you saying that doesnt happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Satele Shan View Post
    Think about what he said, think about it for just a second. Is he talking about the people who take the legal process to enter the United States? No, those people meet immigration qualifications. He is talking about illegal immigrants, and they -do- bring crime. Why is that a logical conclusion? Crime comes from desperation, desperation comes from the lack of a job, the lack of a job comes from being an illegal immigrant, being unable, or hardly able to find a job in the country. He worded it very poorly, but he is absolutely right. He didn't say they are all bad, I'm sure there are plenty of good illegals, but they are vastly outnumbered by other criminals, think logically, and don't rush to "OMFG RACISM!" whenever someone says someone who isn't white possesses negative qualities.
    I completely agree. I have no problem with people who come here and become citizens and follow the process. I do have a problem with people who come over illegally or have no intentions of becoming a citizen, yet get jobs and benefits, when so many citizens do not.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Pure comedy.
    100% truth though, funny or not.

Deleted
    But why is it his fault when he gets abused in shit labor?

Yes, and that's the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raffa1 View Post
    But why is it his fault when he gets abused in shit labor?
    It's really not his fault for wanting a better life for himself and his family. It's the governments fault for allowing it to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Barring some crazy circumstances Trump won't make it past the primaries, he is viewed as a joke and nothing he says is actually taken fully seriously.

However I think he will play an important role in the presidential race if people let him, he will bring up any issue (perhaps in an incredibly ridiculous way) without being politically correct about the way he says it.

As you can see from responses above plenty people agree with his sentiment even if they disagree with how he said it.

He did the same thing calling out Hillary Clinton for the email scandal saying it was definitely illegal and that she should be indicted much less thrown out of the race (not that I care since she is so untrustworthy she will never get elected either)