Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Trumps grandiose statements have already caused alienation of not only Mexicans but other Hispanics too. Sure he gained some more spotlight recently but hey it's funny seeing him sink his own ship.
    Black Lives Matter

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    White people get so hung up on semantics. Until Trump says "I believe whites are superior to Mexicans" he's not a racist? Please
    Yes, in today's world if you are not wearing a white hood or burning a cross you are not racist. Racist today have to be more sophisticated and if you flat out say some derogatory statement, you are probably not that intelligent, especially if you are in the public eye.

Trump is just troll baiting to get people who are ignorant and/or racists to drum up excitement. He did the same shit with Obama with key phrases of: birth certificate and "how did Obama get into college".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    What on earth are you talking about? +1 for South Park reference.
    "Lol what are you talking about" Crime rates are actually down. "But I see way more brown people and they MUST be committing crimes!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    If you purely go by his words, and do not actually read into the statement as a whole, yes, he did not say anything racist. However people will interpret statements like this. And one of the interpretations, is that he is racist. Based on this, and other statements he has made about Obama, etc, I would be inclined to agree.

NBC, Macy's, and others agree:

Macy's Cuts Ties with Trump: 'No Tolerance for Discrimination'
    http://www.nbcnews.com/news/latino/m...-trump-n385131

NBC to Donald Trump: You're fired
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/t...rump/29471971/

Now, whether he is actually racist, or just saying things to get support for his political aspirations is another thing. I think he is just saying this stuff to get support, I do not know if he is racist or not.
    Who the fuck cares that a bunch of people that are incredibly AFRAID to offend ANYONE severed ties with Trump. Fuck NBC and fuck Macy's. I will no longer watch a damn thing on NBC or ever shop at Macy's - they don't represent MY VIEWS AND VALUES.

BTW - Trump didn't discriminate against anyone either. So double fuck Macy's for that inaccurate depiction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Definition of the word racist:

rac·ist
    ˈrāsəst/
    noun
    noun: racist; plural noun: racists

a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

having or showing the belief that a particular race is superior to another.
    "we are investigating complaints about racist abuse at the club"

What Donald Trump said:

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best; they're not sending you, they're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

How - IN ANY WAY - can that even be remotely construed as racist? He did not say that the Mexican people were inferior to Whites. He never espoused any view saying that he thought Whites were superior to Mexicans.

The problem is that majority of you use the word racist incorrectly - you don't even have a clue what that word truly means.
    All Mexicans who come to America. So while it's not the broadest brush, it's still a pretty broad brush.

And let's not pretend that Trump isn't racist because one thing he said wasn't blanket racism. Everyone knows Trump is a xenophobic racist bigot.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

What on earth are you talking about? +1 for South Park reference.
    Well, you seem to be one of those characters from South Park. Railing against crime (again down past 20 years). Taking our jobs, which almost every American will not do and on top of that that businesses want cheap labor.

Deleted
    Who the fuck cares that a bunch of people that are incredibly AFRAID to offend ANYONE severed ties with Trump. Fuck NBC and fuck Macy's. I will no longer watch a damn thing on NBC or ever shop at Macy's - they don't represent MY VIEWS AND VALUES.
    Does the country where you currently reside represent your values?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Yes, in today's world if you are not wearing a white hood or burning a cross you are not racist. Racist today have to be more sophisticated and if you flat out say some derogatory statement, you are probably not that intelligent, especially if you are in the public eye.

Trump is just troll baiting to get people who are ignorant and/or racists to drum up excitement. He did the same shit with Obama with key phrases of: birth certificate and "how did Obama get into college".
    I feel like these people would rationalize someone calling a black person the N word and then say "Well hey now! He didn't actually say the words "I am superior to you!" So he's not racist! You don't know the meaning of the word!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    You're hung up on not understanding truth but enforcing your bigoted opinion
    You could make an argument that what he said technically wasn't racist. I will give you that.

But you can't honestly make an argument that Trump isn't a racist xenophobic bigot when you start putting everything he says all together.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account

BTW - Trump didn't discriminate against anyone either. So double fuck Macy's for that inaccurate depiction.
    When you're running for the presidency, you'd think you would be smart about the things you say, or at least better articulate your thoughts. It's not a smart move to run for the highest office in the country, being the leader of a huge nation with a vast diverse population. Alienating specific people doesn't do good for your campaign.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    Why do people want a Lawyer/used car salesman as a President? Its sad how people are won over, I remember when my friend was won over on Al Gore because he publicly kissed his wife
    My state was won over for a convicted embezzler for Governor because the other candidate had a (D) beside his name. How's that for stupid?
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2015-07-01 at 07:33 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    That is fine. However I feel that if you actually did that you would find you are boycotting a lot of companies.
    Trust me - I personally boycott a LOT of companies.

Hate to break it to you, but it was your precious democratic party, namely Hillary that started the birther issue. It wasn't until it was clear that Obama was going to get the nomination that they suddenly started blaming the republicans for it.

On a side note, this is a silly forum to ask this topic as it is highly favored to the non-US millennial crowd and will never be a fair and unbiased source of information.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Well, you seem to be one of those characters from South Park. Railing against crime (again down past 20 years). Taking our jobs, which almost every American will not do and on top of that that businesses want cheap labor.
    Lol no I didn't say any of that stuff. Illegal immigration is a problem, everyone knows that. I am not interested in National Crime rate trends and I am certainly not concerned with an illegal immigrant taking my job as that, by definition, would be impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    When you're running for the presidency, you'd think you would be smart about the things you say, or at least better articulate your thoughts. It's not a smart move to run for the highest office in the country, being the leader of a huge nation with a vast diverse population. Alienating specific people doesn't do good for your campaign.
    He spoke the truth. I would rather have that than some politician like Obama blowing sunshine up everyone's ass and then turning out to be one of the biggest pieces of shit we have ever had in the Oval Office. Obama would say - and DID say - ANYTHING to get elected.

Ex. Obama e was against gay marriage - until it was politically expedient for him. At least with Trump, you pretty much KNOW what you are getting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol no I didn't say any of that stuff. Illegal immigration is a problem, everyone knows that. I am not interested in National Crime rate trends and I am certainly not concerned with an illegal immigrant taking my job as that, by definition, would be impossible.
    You're not interested in crime rate trends? Were you not saying a few posts ago how crime is on the rise BECAUSE of illegal immigration? Funny that eh? Coulda sworn you were

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Democrats would LOVE Trump to get the nomination. It would be the easiest win ever for them. He's getting a small bump now from the press and playing on people's racism and bigotry, but thankfully although there are plenty of racists and bigots to cast some votes I have faith and hope they are the minority. I would honestly have to consider moving out of the US if someone that bigoted and prejudiced somehow were elected, since it would mean the US morally is completely lost.

Ex. Obama e was against gay marriage - until it was politically expedient for him.
    It wasn't politically expedient for him to say he was against it in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Democrats would LOVE Trump to get the nomination.
    Not a chance in hell Trump will get the nomination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Democrats would LOVE Trump to get the nomination. It would be the easiest win ever for them. He's getting a small bump now from the press and playing on people's racism and bigotry, but thankfully although there are plenty of racists and bigots to cast some votes I have faith and hope they are the minority. I would honestly have to consider moving out of the US if someone that bigoted and prejudiced somehow were elected, since it would mean the US morally is completely lost.
    I would mobilize the non voting dems too much.