Deleted

Assasination gems etc..

So I ran Shadowcraft and AskMrRobot bcuz I changed back to assasination. Shadowcraft is telling me to stack crit but AskMrRobot is telling me to stack Mastery. I am 685 itemlevel. What should I do?

Thanks!

Ps. Sorry about my bad english!

The stat priority is going to be Master>MS>Vers>Crit=Haste once you have t18 and arch trinket. I would suggest working for those stats in the gearing process.

Deleted
    Mkay, but what should I enchant/gem for now?

You're better off simming your char to get stat weights. AMR afaik just uses standardized weights rather than customized to your char with their current gear.

Deleted
    So I should go ham on mastery?

Thanks for answers btw!

Show us your character(armory), also I'd go straight to mastery. The difference between crit/mastery is not somthing you should really care about unless you're rogue from mythic HFC team.

I'm personally using gems/enchants for BiS gear. Why?
    -simple,
    -economic(when I got for example BiS hands with a socket I'd socket Mastery instead of crit(if AskMrRobot/ShadowCraft/etc. says crit is best), because when I finish my BiS gear I wouldn't have to change it from crit to mastery),
    -I'm not really aiming at ~1-2% of DPS differences, too much work for so low DPS progress,

Isn't it better to stack MS as assas because of the synergy with combat stat weights. Then, you use bleeding hollow enchants on weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    Isn't it better to stack MS as assas because of the synergy with combat stat weights. Then, you use bleeding hollow enchants on weapons.
    Better? No. More efficient? Yes. To be completely maximized for Assas/Combat, you would need 2 different sets of gear: Assassination with all Mastery gems/enchants and Combat with all Multistrike gems/enchants. But as Ryme has done the math on secondary stats, the difference that they make in the grand scheme of things is minimal. Therefore, I personally will use one set of gear for both specs (outside of trinkets and weapons) and gem/enchant Multistrike. If later in the expansion I start getting multiple rings, necks, capes, etc. etc. I will carry around multiples and gem/enchant them with Mastery so that I have enchantable gear for Assassin and Combat blah blah blah. But yes, gemming and enchanting Multistrike is the most efficient method for us rogues not in a top 20-50 guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Kroen View Post
    Better? No. More efficient? Yes. To be completely maximized for Assas/Combat, you would need 2 different sets of gear: Assassination with all Mastery gems/enchants and Combat with all Multistrike gems/enchants. But as Ryme has done the math on secondary stats, the difference that they make in the grand scheme of things is minimal. Therefore, I personally will use one set of gear for both specs (outside of trinkets and weapons) and gem/enchant Multistrike. If later in the expansion I start getting multiple rings, necks, capes, etc. etc. I will carry around multiples and gem/enchant them with Mastery so that I have enchantable gear for Assassin and Combat blah blah blah. But yes, gemming and enchanting Multistrike is the most efficient method for us rogues not in a top 20-50 guild.
    What about gear? Do you also go for MS gear or regular assas gear with more Mastery?

What about gear? Do you also go for MS gear or regular assas gear with more Mastery?
    I personally go for MS on all my gear and then prefer Haste to Mastery just because I play Combat on most fights. Once I get the Archimonde trinket, I will probably start creating a second gear set just because I enjoy min/maxing.

Yea play combat if you're a shitty player.

Quote Originally Posted by InfernalDark View Post
    Yea play combat if you're a shitty player.
    Doesn't have anything to do with the fact that most HFC fights are cleave. /yawn troll.

for sass/combat

multistrike enchants/gems for dual spec
    crit on daggers pre archimonde trinket
    mastery on daggers post archimonde trinket

Quote Originally Posted by zyZ View Post
    for sass/combat

multistrike enchants/gems for dual spec
    crit on daggers pre archimonde trinket
    mastery on daggers post archimonde trinket
    MS enchants for combat weapons? I thought haste enchants were better.

Check your stat weights when shadowcraft/simcraft is hitting multiple targets (i.e. a fight where you'll be using blade flurry... the reason you're playing combat!). Multistrike tends to overtake haste in situations where you're cleaving, and the DPS gain from multistrike is greater than the loss of not having the haste on single target - and you don't play combat for it's amazing single target DPS. When you're also second-speccing subtlety, it allows for a pretty decent maximizing of your stats, as well, since it's so valuable to both specs.

10+ Year Old Account
    For me, I will be enchanting everything with MS except my Mutilate Daggers, those will be Mastery enchanted. This will help me be able to swap between Mutilate and Combat through out progression where gear is going to everyones main spec. Down the line I will eventually try to grab 2 sets of gear, and enchant them differently according to the spec.

- - - Updated - - -

Haste is Combat's ST enchants, which you hardly every need. MS is for cleave, so that is why most people avoid 2x Haste enchants.

warsong + frostwolf or double frostwolf on weapons for combat.
    when i said multistrike enchants i wasn't including weapon enchants.

fwiw method rogues are using double frostwolf as combat for mythic mannoroth right now