Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    And hes saying that you are wrong, the chance to crit is not lowered in PvP, the crit damage multiplyer is. Crit as a stat isn't halved. So your fire mage example doesn't make sense.

The overall worth of crit is lowered in PvP but that is heavily outweighed by the burst damage it brings. So while some classes may not need to gear into crit the fact that is its still strong even while reduced.
    Nope.

His example is totally spot on in terms of how much fire is fucked over by crit being 50% less effective.

Fires relies on crit chance fundamentally yes...........but crit hit damage has a huge effect on not just burst but sustainable damage which comes from ignite and pyro dots.

Ignite damage is calculated on you damage done by a single spell, like pyroblast, then multiplied by you mastery value, because of the coefficients being tuned for PVE (200% crit damage), and fires damage being based around chain crits to build big ignites when you apply the same coefficients to the PVP values, your damage literally plummets as it makes stacking a decent ignite very difficult.

Your burst cooldown, combustion, is a calculation of how large your ignite is so is also directly affected by how much crit damage you do.

If you played fire mage you would understand this.........

Quote Originally Posted by deathpote View Post
    You obviously don't play that spec. Scorch that hits 3 times less than an auto attack, hard cast fireball that deals like an autoattack, dispellable pyro procs that crit like 20k, no CD damage, Combustion that does, full burst with 2-3 pyros in a row, a total of 15-20k and is a dispellable dot.. FFS THE FUCK IS FIREMAGE FINE ? It's only usable as an utility spec, for mass control/snare.
    then it's clearly not a spec you'd want to play for PvP but it was top dog throughout all of BRF, good thing you have 3 specs though.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Crit stat weight values are absolutely halved in pvp, don't know how you can't see that. Not even napkin math needed for that.
    Well, except that's clearly wrong, so napkin math IS needed. The stat weight would be halved if the only value crit had was the extra damage it dealt, but there's plenty of "whenever X spell crits, Y happens" effects that are completely unaffected by a reduction in crit damage, so the net effect is less than half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    .. so you're trying to say that all that should be required for a single attack to hit for more than 300k is that it takes 3 seconds to cast and uses a resource?

.... yeah, right.

I play a warlock, and im telling ya, that would be sheer idiocy.
    I didn't say 300k hits, you invented that to support a ridiculous assertion. But it should be more than it is now. My main is Destro since Cata with over 300 RBG wins in MoP (all pugs), and I'm telling you that the constant nerfs to CB and/or crit are things that have ruined the spec for PvP, along with the nerfs to KJC, etc.

You also left out the fact that it's hard-cast which is a big deal. 3 seconds to plant and cast is a LONG time in a PvP fight. Yes, having to turret a "nuke" (because whining melee classes) that hits like a wet noodle when it costs so much to even throw is pretty bad for the spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    I didn't say 300k hits, you invented that to support a ridiculous assertion. But it should be more than it is now. My main is Destro since Cata with over 300 RBG wins in MoP (all pugs), and I'm telling you that the constant nerfs to CB and/or crit are things that have ruined the spec for PvP, along with the nerfs to KJC, etc.

You also left out the fact that it's hard-cast which is a big deal. 3 seconds to plant and cast is a LONG time in a PvP fight. Yes, having to turret a "nuke" (because whining melee classes) that hits like a wet noodle when it costs so much to even throw is pretty bad for the spec.
    Hits for 80k+ is a "wet noodle". Crits for 1/3 of someones entire HP bar - "needs to hit harder".

And were done here, youre officially insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hits for 80k+ is a "wet noodle". Crits for 1/3 of someones entire HP bar - "needs to hit harder".

And were done here, youre officially insane.
    Get back to us with more "official news" when you've figured out what other specs hit for with their biggest damage, not to mention survivability and mobility. Makes Destro and certain other specs look like a joke.

Get back to us with more "official news" when you've figured out what other specs hit for with their biggest damage, not to mention survivability and mobility. Makes Destro and certain other specs look like a joke.
    Because other specs are absurdly OP, yours should be too, is that it? Wonderful argument.

Or.. you know, not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because other specs are absurdly OP, yours should be too, is that it? Wonderful argument.
    Again with inventing something no one said. gg

Again with inventing something no one said. gg
    ... you must have both a memory problem and an ability to form coherent sentences, because that is the EXACT outcome of your suggestion.

You know what? Welcome to ignore.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... you must have both a memory problem and an ability to form coherent sentences, because that is the EXACT outcome of your suggestion.

You know what? Welcome to ignore.

Sorry, but being OP it's just the assumption you want to draw. But it doesn't help your silly argument.

You might go back a few posts and notice that I said: "I didn't say 300k hits, you invented that to support a ridiculous assertion. But it should be more than it is now."

It's called reading comprehension. Try it sometime.