Iron Reaver Tips for Phase 1

Hello

My guild has had trouble with Iron Reaver Phase 1. We coordinate Tranqs and Revivals for pounds, but still seem to lose people to attrition. We assigned healer positions to distribute healing and try to group up for pound. It slowly gets better each pull, until we beat it after 10-15 pulls. For comparison, we one-shot Assault, Kromrok and Council last night; only Reaver gave us trouble.

Has anyone tried having only the minimum number of ranged required to soak orbs?

Any other suggestions? I do not have a log.

Thanks in advance.

Honestly I'm not seeing any issues at all with my guild. Logs would be a big help in assisting you on what you're doing wrong. Do you have a disc priest or hpally?

Quote Originally Posted by Snickerdoodlez View Post
    Hello

My guild has had trouble with Iron Reaver Phase 1. We coordinate Tranqs and Revivals for pounds, but still seem to lose people to attrition. We assigned healer positions to distribute healing and try to group up for pound. It slowly gets better each pull, until we beat it after 10-15 pulls. For comparison, we one-shot Assault, Kromrok and Council last night; only Reaver gave us trouble.

Has anyone tried having only the minimum number of ranged required to soak orbs?

Any other suggestions? I do not have a log.

Thanks in advance.
    How many healers are you running? If you are only running one healer per group try adding an extra as the dps check is the bombs and if you are not having an issue with them another healer might help things go more smoothly.

Are you losing people to barrage/stacks of immolation? This fight is sort of unforgiving with those mechanics. You just have to make sure nobody screws them up consistently.

Reaver was a lot harder than the other 3 bosses you listed, so it's not out of the ordinary to struggle on him more.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Honestly I'm not seeing any issues at all with my guild. Logs would be a big help in assisting you on what you're doing wrong. Do you have a disc priest or hpally?
    Had both last night.

Were running 5 healers for 21 people yesterday, changed to 6 somewhere in the middle.

Few new people were dying to avoidable things early on, but after pull 5-6 it was smooth.

Any special group up tactics or micro-group management anyone is doing?

We run the debuff to theedge. We have ranged pretty close to the boss.