Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Bubba Watson, and if your name is Bubba you can do what you want, is going to replace the Confederate flag with the US flag on the General Lee.

confederate-flag-on-dukes-of-hazzard-car-to-be-painted-over-with-american-flag/

I would rather he sells it to someone who is not interested in changing what it is.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is a point when the line gets crossed to be honest. I have no issues with them removing it and banning it as a symbol in politics and culture, but TV shows are fictional.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    The american flag has just about as much blood on it as the confederate flag but they want to ban one flag?
    The thing is that one is an obvious symbol of division and the other is a symbol of unity.

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    The american flag has just about as much blood on it as the confederate flag but they want to ban one flag?
    The US has tried to correct its past mistakes and injustices, not glorify them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    I'm sorry, are you incapable of doing 3 seconds of research? Are you commenting on something you don't know about?
    Just demonstrating that while you appear to be fond of posting replies that seem to defend unpopular (or antagonistic) points of view, and challenging the claims of others, but appear to positively have an allergy to putting any effort into backing up your claims, or even arguing the actual points under contention - almost as though you're more interested in picking fights via post, rather than any argument or discussion on the topic at hand (for example see your post to which I am replying).

I'll take your (understandable) refusal to actually defend the Confederacy, which was just an attempt to perpetuate some truly vile institutions, as the complete concession that it is - people don't like the "Confederate flag" because of what it was, and is, associated with.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    The US has tried to correct its past mistakes and injustices, not glorify them.
    Depends on whether or not you're talking to Republicans.

BA DUM TISCH!

On topic, this just seems asinine, asiten, aseleven (to quote someone). It's a TV show that isn't about racism in any shape or fashion. People need to stop being so overly sensitive. If the Duke boys were running around in The General calling black people the N-word in every episode, I'd most certainly understand. But it's just a car. It's not a symbol of hatred. It's a symbol of driving through haystacks and running from law enforcement. Hell, if anything, I'd think more minorities would support the Dukes of Hazard staying on the air just on that premise alone.

BA DUM TISCH!
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Just demonstrating that while you appear to be fond of posting replies that seem to defend unpopular (or antagonistic) points of view, and challenging the claims of others, but appear to positively have an allergy to putting any effort into backing up your claims, or even arguing the actual points under contention - almost as though you're more interested in picking fights via post, rather than any argument or discussion on the topic at hand (for example see your post to which I am replying).

I'll take your (understandable) refusal to actually defend the Confederacy, which was just an attempt to perpetuate some truly vile institutions, as the complete concession that it is - people don't like the "Confederate flag" because of what it was, and is, associated with.
    That you don't like that I have been pointing out simple facts about the flags in question is your right.

I have neither defended nor attacked the CSA, and while by the standards of today there are definite horrendous issues with the CSA, that can be said of the US as a whole. Hell even after the war blacks were 2nd class citizens even in the north. I would not own a CSA flag, but I do own a Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia (the square one) for historical reasons.