Thread: T17 vs T18

Deleted

T17 vs T18

Hey everyone,

I was wondering wether anyone has a chart or more information as to what or when i should swap to T18. If i should drop t17 4pc for t18 2pc or if i should flatout wait with swapping to t18 until i have the full 4pc.

I have looked around and couldnt find clearcut information ( unless i just passed over it)

I hope anyone here can give me a clear answer.

- - - Updated - - -

wanted to clarify that this is for a shadow priest, since this what not clearly stated in the post

Not sure if it's been updated for the very latest sims but you can find that type of thing here: https://wowscrappie.com/tools/tierdistribution/t18

It's comparing Heroic btw.

So, assuming you're CoP shadow, looking at the above link, it looks like you're better off waiting for T18 4set before swapping from T17 4 set. Again, assuming HC to HC. The dev is hopefully adding in Normal/Mythic soon.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-07-01 at 09:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Not sure if it's been updated for the very latest sims but you can find that type of thing here: https://wowscrappie.com/tools/tierdistribution/t18

It's comparing Heroic btw.

So, assuming you're CoP shadow, looking at the above link, it looks like you're better off waiting for T18 4set before swapping from T17 4 set. Again, assuming HC to HC. The dev is hopefully adding in Normal/Mythic soon.
    I don't get why is T18 2set only 2% for CoP but 6% for AS? I think it is 6% for both. There may be minor difference if it is simulated with different gear setups(mastery vs. other stats).

I've run simulations for my toon with AS. For single target 2P and 2P gave me roughly 3,7% dps gain over 4p T17. For 2 targets it was 2,5% dps LOST.
    It's all about how much uptime are you able to keep on old 4set.

So I am using 4set for fights with more targets. And 2P+2P on mostly single target fights like Ironreaver, Fel Lord Zakuun, Gorefiend and Kromok. Now I realize that I am using 2P+2P whenever I play CoP, and 4set when I play with AS.

So again why is 2set for CoP weak on the page? It must be wrong. Lets see this log: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...CjDt3#fight=27

12 casts of Shadow Fiend for 110k DPET. Mind Spike and Insanity had roughly 36k DPET there. I didn't cast Shadow Fiend over higher priority abilites.
    Also 2 Shadow Fiend casts would happen anyway. So the 4set provided 10 empowered casts by replacing 36k DPET MS with 110k DPET SF. It is 740k.
    So I guess 740k out of 12700k dmg done were provided by T18 2P. This is 6% dps gain for single target CoP fight. Don't give it too high value, because it is only from 1 fight, however this is nowhere near 2% as stated by previously posted webpage.

You have to factor in losing the old 4pc. You're getting more casts of a spell that's better than mind spike, but losing that haste buff.

Deleted
    So if im getting it right for AS on a fight like archimonde, were the buff of the t17 4pc cant be maintained, would the 2pt18 + 2pc t17 be better with mindbender as a talent?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bicycle View Post
    You have to factor in losing the old 4pc. You're getting more casts of a spell that's better than mind spike, but losing that haste buff.
    It is about 0pc vs 2pc, looking for an idea why the webpage above stated that 2pc is 2% boost for CoP and 6% boost for AS.

Quote Originally Posted by kzhanok View Post
    So if im getting it right for AS on a fight like archimonde, were the buff of the t17 4pc cant be maintained, would the 2pt18 + 2pc t17 be better with mindbender as a talent?
    Imo Archimonde isn't the best example, there are plenty of adds that will help you get more orbs and prolong the duration of t17 4pc. So can't say that any of set bonuses will be better there. On fights where you multidot a lot, like Xhul'horac or Hellfire council, T17 4pc will shine. 2p+2p would be better for single target fights like Ironreaver or Fel Lord Zakuun.

So pick up 2p+2p on single target (CoP). Pick t17 4p when you can cast dots on more targets for most of the fight (AS). And pick what ever you want on other fight types. Also Insanity should be better than Mindbender, unless you don't have enough time to channel it. Does anyone disagree with this?

Good luck with getting t18 4set !
    Last edited by mmoc8a27148bc4; 2015-07-03 at 10:17 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    Good luck with getting t18 4set !
    Yea with 2 warlocks in my raid, lets just say i am not that high on prio :P