When should i use Barrage?

Hi,
    As MM hunter, when should I use Barrage?

-Single target
    -2 targets

or , only use it if im facing 3 targets and more

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-Hunter-Guide

Tier 6: Glaive Toss single-target and Barrage AoE. When T18 4pc acquired, Barrage for everything.
    4) Use Glaive Toss/Barrage off cooldown.
    3 Targets according to Effinhunter's Sims. Slightest of differences, though.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-07-01 at 11:35 PM.

Deleted
    You should be using it:
    Single
    1.) When you do NOT have Careful aim active.
    2.) When you do NOT have any TOTH procs.
    In both cases cast Aimed Shot over.

Multi
    on 2+ targets, when you are not under the effects of Careful Aim OR TOTH (same as single).
    on 4-5+ use it ahead of either Careful Aim or TOTH, if there is a high priority target, you should cast Aimed Shot if you have BOTH Careful Aim and TOTH, else, just Barrage.
    on 7+ use it in the following prio; Chimaera>barrage>Careful Aim Aimed Shot > TOTH multi shot > multishot >

Never cast it if Chimaera is below 1 second on it's cooldown.

UPDATE:
    With the T18 4 Piece, if you have 50% critical strike while running the Lone Wolf talent, it isn't worth using Barrage ever on single target.
    That being said, I'd recommend tracking your crit through a Weak Aura to know when you proc above 50% if your gear alone doesn't bring you that high.

With Focusing shot, Barrage is used as explained above still.
    Last edited by mmoc06661e075b; 2015-07-27 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffo View Post
    You should be using it:
    Single

Multi
    on 2+ targets, when you are not under the effects of Careful Aim OR TOTH (same as single).
    on 4-5+ use it ahead of either Careful Aim or TOTH, if there is a high priority target, you should cast Aimed Shot if you have BOTH Careful Aim and TOTH, else, just Barrage.
    on 7+ use it in the following prio; Chimaera>barrage>Careful Aim Aimed Shot > TOTH multi shot > multishot >

thanx a lot,, this is exactly what I was looking for

Deleted
    same here lucky i found it Before making a thread :P

Deleted
    When you're not in a position where you'll pull half the instance with a single barrage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antenora View Post
    When you're not in a position where you'll pull half the instance with a single barrage
    Aaaah them grimrail depot memories. Wiped a few CM's there hehehe

For trash or instances you are new to:
    Use barrage every time you enter a new room. Don't use MD, let your tanks and healers know who is boss by making sure that you FD just before the trash reach you. If healer dies its tanks fault. Remember that. After a while tanks will be chain pulling. Do not let this deter you. with Aspect of the Cheetah, you should be able to reach the next room before the tank. It has always been the hunter's job to pull trash and barrage is the best tool to do this as it pulls the most adds. Rinse and repeat.
    For Bosses:
    Make sure you pre-pot at a countdown of 7 and pull at 6, gives you an advantage over the mages and locks and that is what huntering is all about. If you don't have anything flashing and Chimera Shot is on CD then barrage. It looks cooler than Glaive Toss, so use it even if you do not have tier bonus. Use it when naked. Just as long as your buttons are not flashing, there is nothing more impressive than a hunter potting and pulling 5 seconds before a mage does and it will give you cred with the RL because you will top the meters and that is what huntering is all about. Don't forget to roll on that axe, it will look bad-ass on your back while your strutting around IF among the late night weirdos because that is what huntering is all about.
    Out in the world in a group
    Make sure you are the first to a group of mobs. You are a hunter, it's a hunters job to pull. Use barrage but also make sure that you are spinning around in a circle as to get maximum pullage. It's not your job to tank. You just did your job. FD and let the mage tank. Mages have super light armor like Kevlar. They are bullet proof. Once mage has killed all the mobs (or the mobs have reset because mage was too useless), loot, mount and then charge to next pack. Never group with a lock, they are just fake hunters with crappy pets and they try to steal your pet tanking thunder. BTW hunters don't use pets anymore making you like a fake mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    For trash or instances you are new to:
    Use barrage every time you enter a new room. Don't use MD, let your tanks and healers know who is boss by making sure that you FD just before the trash reach you. If healer dies its tanks fault. Remember that. After a while tanks will be chain pulling. Do not let this deter you. with Aspect of the Cheetah, you should be able to reach the next room before the tank. It has always been the hunter's job to pull trash and barrage is the best tool to do this as it pulls the most adds. Rinse and repeat.
    For Bosses:
    Make sure you pre-pot at a countdown of 7 and pull at 6, gives you an advantage over the mages and locks and that is what huntering is all about. If you don't have anything flashing and Chimera Shot is on CD then barrage. It looks cooler than Glaive Toss, so use it even if you do not have tier bonus. Use it when naked. Just as long as your buttons are not flashing, there is nothing more impressive than a hunter potting and pulling 5 seconds before a mage does and it will give you cred with the RL because you will top the meters and that is what huntering is all about. Don't forget to roll on that axe, it will look bad-ass on your back while your strutting around IF among the late night weirdos because that is what huntering is all about.
    Out in the world in a group
    Make sure you are the first to a group of mobs. You are a hunter, it's a hunters job to pull. Use barrage but also make sure that you are spinning around in a circle as to get maximum pullage. It's not your job to tank. You just did your job. FD and let the mage tank. Mages have super light armor like Kevlar. They are bullet proof. Once mage has killed all the mobs (or the mobs have reset because mage was too useless), loot, mount and then charge to next pack. Never group with a lock, they are just fake hunters with crappy pets and they try to steal your pet tanking thunder. BTW hunters don't use pets anymore making you like a fake mage.
    This was pure gold. Thank you for a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Toffo View Post
    You should be using it:
    Single

Multi

Thank you, very helpful!

>.< Yeah makes me scared to use it sometimes

Just a bit of added info for those that want to understand better, with 4 piece you want to be using barrage primarily as a way to fish for TotH procs unless you are actually in an AoE phase.

I feel like people are confused about proper usage of Barrage because the guide was written with Focusing Shots in mind, and had Barrage used as part of the single target rotation. You should definitely use Barrage if you are using FS, but since most people are using Lone Wolf on the majority of fights, you absolutely do not use Barrage for single target (this was true in previous tiers as well).

The guide has very recently been updated and now tells you not to use Barrage with Lone Wolf for single target. Feel free you sim your own char, but you lose quite a bit of damage if you are trying to barrage single target.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tualla View Post
    Thank you, very helpful!

>.< Yeah makes me scared to use it sometimes
    Barrage is so weird. I choose my location with care when I use it but still.. You stand still, open barrage, see the first seconds hitting only the intended group and suddenly 1-2 shots go AWOL and hit a group further ahead :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrysteel View Post
    I feel like people are confused about proper usage of Barrage because the guide was written with Focusing Shots in mind, and had Barrage used as part of the single target rotation. You should definitely use Barrage if you are using FS, but since most people are using Lone Wolf on the majority of fights, you absolutely do not use Barrage for single target (this was true in previous tiers as well).

The guide has very recently been updated and now tells you not to use Barrage with Lone Wolf for single target. Feel free you sim your own char, but you lose quite a bit of damage if you are trying to barrage single target.
    does that mean you dont use any of the abilitys on that talent row or you just not use barrage then? on singeltarget as LW

That is the best time to use it. Barrage is magic. When doing furnace, it pulled a pack of adds from 3 floors up! If I get to Archimonde Mythic, I'm going to use it to pull Sargeras right of of the Twisting motherfucking Nether.

Use it on trash to help out your tank pull mobs, then kite the mobs to vaels room.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyoftheforest View Post
    Barrage is so weird. I choose my location with care when I use it but still.. You stand still, open barrage, see the first seconds hitting only the intended group and suddenly 1-2 shots go AWOL and hit a group further ahead :/
    Barrage tracks your main target like other channels (like mind flay, etc). If your target shifts to the left or right, so will the cone that is aimed at that target - which may unintentionally pull mobs that were previously outside your cone.

Maybe this comes from years as a shadowpriest, but I always hold down my right mouse button so I'm controlling which direction my character is facing, during any channel. It's especially important for barrage, when you want that cone to go exactly where you want it.

Coincidentally, you can also barrage a target, and then rotate your toon in about 150 degrees to pull things on the other side of you, while still hitting your main target (though not any targets around it).

Quote Originally Posted by BrioWoW View Post
    Just a bit of added info for those that want to understand better, with 4 piece you want to be using barrage primarily as a way to fish for TotH procs unless you are actually in an AoE phase.
    Thank you very much, this helped alot

Deleted
    The difference is 300 dps, even with Lone Wolf, and therefore both are completely viable on ST. Besides, there isn't a single fight in HFC in which barrage is worse than Glaive Toss.